- Crafts Home
- Fall Crafts
- Winter Crafts
- Spring Crafts
- Summer Crafts
- Mother's Day Crafts
- Memorial Day Crafts
- Father's Day Crafts
- 4th of July Crafts
- Halloween Crafts
- Thanksgiving Crafts
- Christmas Crafts
- Hanukkah Crafts
- Groundhog Day Crafts
- Valentine's Day Crafts
- President's Day Crafts
- St. Patrick's Day Crafts
- Easter Crafts
- Alphabet Crafts
- Number Crafts
- Shape Crafts
- Back to School Crafts
- Book Crafts
- 100th Day Crafts
- Farm Animal Crafts
- Zoo Animal Crafts
- Fish Crafts
- Ocean Animal Crafts
- Pond Crafts
- Bird Crafts
- Dinosaur Crafts
- Reptile Crafts
- African Animal Crafts
- Nursery Rhyme Crafts
- Bible Crafts
- Fire Safety Crafts
- Space Crafts
- Robot Crafts
- Fantasy Crafts
- Dental Crafts
- Flower Crafts
- Music Crafts
- Dress Up Crafts
- Homemade Card Crafts
- Paper Plate Crafts
- Worksheets Home
- Math Worksheet Generators
- Handwriting Generator
- Graph Paper Generator
- Reading Worksheets
- Writing Worksheets
- Math Worksheets
- Alphabet Worksheets
- Numbers Worksheets
- Shapes Worksheets
- Colors Worksheets
- Basic Concepts Worksheets
- Fall Worksheets
- Spring Worksheets
- Summer Worksheets
- Winter Worksheets
- 4th of July Worksheets
- Christmas Worksheets
- Earth Day Worksheets
- Easter Worksheets
- Father's Day Worksheets
- Groundhog Day Worksheets
- Halloween Worksheets
- Labor Day Worksheets
- Memorial Day Worksheets
- Mother's Day Worksheets
- New Year Worksheets
- St. Patrick's Day Worksheets
- Thanksgiving Worksheets
- Valentine's Day Worksheets
- Animal Worksheets
- Body Worksheets
- Food Worksheets
- Geography Worksheets
- Health Worksheets
- Plants Worksheets
- Space Worksheets
- Weather Worksheets
- About Me Worksheets
- Back to School Worksheets
- Calendar Worksheets
- Communities Worksheets
- Community Helpers Worksheets
- Days of the Week Worksheets
- Family Worksheets
- Music Worksheets
- Months Worksheets
- Activities Home
- Coloring Pages
- Printable Mazes
- Hidden Pictures
- Color by Number
- Kids Sudoku
- Optical Illusions
- Word Search
- Teaching Resources Home
- Lined Paper Home
- Primary Lined Paper
- Standard Lined Paper
- Themed Lined Paper
- Graph Paper
- Graphic Organizers
- Sticker Charts
- Subtraction Worksheets - With Borrowing
- Subtraction Worksheets
Check out our set of subtraction worksheets with borrowing. This set of printable math worksheets for kids includes lots of two digit subtraction problems with borrowing. These subtraction worksheets are the perfect addition to any math lesson plan. If you are looking for more math help, check out all of our subtraction worksheets .
Subtraction With Borrowing Worksheet 1
20 subtraction problems that include borrowing
Subtraction With Borrowing Worksheet 2
Subtraction With Borrowing Worksheet 3
Subtraction With Borrowing Worksheet 4
Subtraction With Borrowing Worksheet 5
Subtraction With Borrowing Worksheet 6
All Kids Network is dedicated to providing fun and educational activities for parents and teachers to do with their kids. We have hundreds of kids craft ideas, kids worksheets, printable activities for kids and more.
- More Holidays
- More Worksheets
- Color By Number
- More Kids Activities
© 2006-2023 All Kids Network, LLC All Rights Reserved. | Last Built Mon, 04 Sep 2023 18:03:36 GMT
- Number Charts
- Long division
- Basic operations
- Telling time
- Place value
- Roman numerals
- Fractions & related
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions
- Mixed numbers vs. fractions
- Equivalent fractions
- Prime factorization & factors
- Fraction Calculator
- Decimals & Percent
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals
- Fractions to decimals
- Percents to decimals
- Percentage of a number
- Percent word problems
- Classify triangles
- Classify quadrilaterals
- Circle worksheets
- Area & perimeter of rectangles
- Area of triangles & polygons
- Coordinate grid, including moves & reflections
- Volume & surface area
- Square Roots
- Order of operations
- Scientific notation
- Ratio word problems
- Write expressions
- Evaluate expressions
- Simplify expressions
- Linear equations
- Linear inequalities
- Graphing & slope
- Equation calculator
- Equation editor
- Elementary Math Games
- Addition and subtraction
- Math facts practice
- The four operations
- Factoring and number theory
- Geometry topics
- Middle/High School
- Statistics & Graphs
- Logic and proof
- For all levels
- Favorite math puzzles
- Favorite challenging puzzles
- Math in real world
- Problem solving & projects
- For gifted children
- Math history
- Math games and fun websites
- Interactive math tutorials
- Math help & online tutoring
- Assessment, review & test prep
- Online math curricula
Algebra & Pre-Algebra
Daily Math Review
Division (Long Division)
Order of Operations
Word Problems (Daily)
More Math Worksheets
Reading Comprehension Gr. 1
Reading Comprehension Gr. 2
Reading Comprehension Gr. 3
Reading Comprehension Gr. 4
Reading Comprehension Gr. 5
Reading Comprehension Gr. 6
Reading & Writing
Cause & Effect
Fact & Opinion
Fix the Sentences
Synonyms & Antonyms
Writing Story Pictures
More ELA Worksheets
More Phonics Worksheets
Sight Word Units
Sight Words (Individual)
More Early Literacy
Subjects and Predicates
More Grammar Worksheets
Spelling Grade 1
Spelling Grade 2
Spelling Grade 3
Spelling Grade 4
Spelling Grade 5
More Spelling Worksheets
Magic Tree House #1
More Literacy Units
Animal (Vertebrate) Groups
Butterfly Life Cycle
Matter (Solid, Liquid, Gas)
Space - Solar System
More Science Worksheets
Maps (Map Skills)
More Social Studies
More Holiday Worksheets
Puzzles & Brain Teasers
Logic: Addition Squares
Mystery Graph Pictures
Lost in the USA
More Thinking Puzzles
More Teacher Helpers
Pre-K and Kindergarten
Numbers and Counting
Word Search Generator
Multiple Choice Generator
More Generator Tools
Full Website Index
Whether you're teaching basic single-digit or advanced multi-digit subtraction, we have a wide selection of printable worksheets and resources for you to choose from. Most worksheets are Common Core aligned, and some are even available in both English and Spanish.
These worksheets and activities contain very basic subtraction facts. Each problem has a minuend, subtrahend, and difference that is 10 or less. (examples: 5-3=2 and 6-5=1) Approx Level: Kindergarten and 1st Grades
Here you'll find dozens of printable math activities for teaching single-digit subtraction. The collection includes worksheets, math games, mystery pictures, task cards, and learning center activities. This set has minuends up to 20 and differences to 10. (examples: 11-6=5 and 18-9=9) Approx. Level: 1st and 2nd grades
Download and print task cards, games, and worksheets for teaching 2-digit addition. These very basic problems do not require students to regroup, rename, or borrow. Approximately 1st and 2nd grades.
These subtraction problems require students to borrow or regroup. This page has worksheets, scoot games, magic digit activities, and graph paper math.
Printable drill worksheets, a scoot game, a magic digits game, task cards, graph paper math, and word problems.
These activities can be used when teaching students to subtract 4-digit numbers. Includes several PDFs for subtracting across zero.
These printable activities can be used to teach and review subtraction with 5-digit numbers. Worksheets include task cards, a puzzle picture, a subtraction crossword, and more
Use these resources to practice subtracting money and making change. Includes task cards, graph paper math, and worksheets.
Use models, hundreds charts, and mental math to subtract 10 and multiples of 10 from 2-digit numbers. (examples: 56-10=46 and 68-40=28)
Make Your Own Subtraction Worksheets
Create your own basic subtraction worksheets with this generator tool. The sheets you create with this tool can be used for timed tests or extra practice.
Create your own subtraction worksheets with 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6-digit numbers. You can select vertical or horizontal problems.
Fraction and Decimal Subtraction
This page has a series of worksheets for addition and subtraction of fractions and mixed numbers.
Learn to add and subtract decimals with tenths, hundredths, and thousandths place values.
Addition and Subtraction Mixed
These worksheets have a mixture of addition and subtraction facts on them.
Face families are groups of numbers that work together to form addition and subtraction facts.
This page of integer worksheets includes a few worksheets on subtracting positive and negative numbers.
These multi-step word problems require students to use multiple operations.
You'll find many mystery picture worksheets with basic addition and subtraction on this page.
Practice adding and subtracting on number lines.
On these math word problems, students will use a variety of skills, including add, subtract, tell time, count money, and geometry.
3rd Grade Subtraction Worksheets
Subtraction is one of the most important arithmetic operations and it is used extensively in real-life scenarios. Students, through the 3rd grade subtraction worksheets, learn both mental subtraction and column form of subtraction where regrouping or borrowing is included. Subtraction with single-digit, double-digit, and triple-digit numbers is extensively taught to grade 3 students.
Benefits of Grade 3 Subtraction Worksheets
3rd Grade Subtraction worksheets follow a step-by-step learning mechanism, starting from simple subtraction problems with visuals to single-digit and double-digit subtraction. Since subtraction is used in our day-to-day life, it is important for students to practice it regularly. These 3rd grade math worksheets help in providing a clear understanding of the topic and provide various questions to practice.
Printable PDFs for Subtraction Worksheets for Grade 3
Students can easily score well with the help of Grade 3 subtraction worksheets which can be downloaded for free in PDF formats.
- Math 3rd Grade Subtraction Worksheet
- Grade 3 Math Subtraction Worksheet
- 3rd Grade Math Subtraction Worksheet
- Third Grade Subtraction Worksheet
Explore more topics at Cuemath's Math Worksheets .
- Arts & Music
- English Language Arts
- World Language
- Social Studies - History
- Special Education
- Holidays / Seasonal
- Independent Work Packet
- Easel by TPT
- Google Apps
Interactive resources you can assign in your digital classroom from TPT.
grade 3 subtraction with borrowing
Resource types, all resource types, results for grade 3 subtraction with borrowing.
- Rating Count
- Price (Ascending)
- Price (Descending)
- Most Recent
Math Facts Fluency 2nd 3rd Grade : 3 Digit Subtraction With and Without Borrowing
Add and Subtract 3 -Digit Numbers Worksheets Second Grade Math 2.NBT.7
My Subtraction Book ( Grade 3 - with borrowing )
Subtraction with Regrouping ( Borrowing ) 2, 3 , & 4 Digits, Special Education Math
BUNDLE: Addition & Subtraction / Punny Jokes Math Puzzle Riddles / 3rd 4th grade
50% savings MEGA BUNDLE: 40 Math Puzzles / 3rd & 4th grade / Punny Jokes Riddles
2nd Grade End of the Year Math Skills Scoot Bundle: 2nd Grade Math Review
Subtraction with regrouping / Punny Jokes Math Puzzle Riddles / 3rd 4th grade
- Easel Activity
2nd Grade 3 Digit Subtraction With Regrouping Coloring Sheets, Mystery Pictures
Double 2-Digit 3 -Digit Subtraction With Regrouping 2nd Grade Coloring Sheets
Subtraction with Regrouping ( Borrowing ) 2, 3 & 4 Digits | Word Problems | Math
Add and Subtract | Fourth Grade Math 4.NBT.4
Basic Operations (Add, Sub, Mult & Div) Worksheets Math BUNDLES Grade 2nd to 5th
Multi Digit Subtraction with Regrouping ( Borrowing ) Boom Cards
(2.MD.5) Length Word Problems - 2nd Grade Math Worksheets
SUBTRACTION 3 -digit Subtraction SCOOT! Game Regrouping ⭐ Gr. 3 -4 MATH
3 Digit Subtraction with Regrouping Borrowing Task Cards 3rd Grade Math Review
3 -Digit Subtraction With , Without Borrowing Across Zeros Worksheets
(2.G.1) 3D Shapes 2nd Grade Common Core Math Worksheets Part B
3 Digits Subtraction with Borrowing across zeros worksheet Math
Addition & Subtraction to 1000 Interactive Review Game for Elementary Grades
3rd Grade Morning Work - Adding & Subtraction 3 -Digit Numbers with Regrouping
Embarc Math 5th Grade : Module 3 Review Game
FREE - 3 DIGITS Subtraction With Borrowing Subtract Practice Problems Numbers
- We're Hiring
- Help & FAQ
- Student Privacy
- Terms of Service
Home / United States / Math Classes / Worksheets / 3rd Grade Subtraction Worksheets
3rd Grade Subtraction Worksheets
The 3rd grade subtraction worksheets provide the necessary practice to help students master their skills in subtraction. These worksheets deal with various subtraction facts ranging from basic to advanced levels. ...Read More Read Less
- Interactive Worksheets
Choose Math Worksheets by Grade
Choose math worksheets by topic, 3rd grade subtraction worksheets explained:.
BYJU’S Math Subtraction worksheets for third graders are specially curated for students who want to gain a good grip on a fundamental math concept like subtraction.
- Subtracting 3-digit numbers: Subtraction in relation to 3-digit numbers is an operation where the subtrahend can have 1, 2, or 3 digits and the minuend has 3 digits. Depending on the value of the digits, 3-digit subtraction can be done either way, which is with or without regrouping.
- Borrow across three zeros: These subtraction worksheets require students to borrow over three zeros in order to calculate the differences because the minuends are whole thousands.
- Subtraction word problems: This concept allows students to read the problem, derive a subtraction equation from it and solve to get the resulting difference. Having prior knowledge on subtraction math facts will make the students solve these problems with ease.
The grade 3 subtraction worksheets aid students in obtaining a comprehensive understanding of basic and advanced level subtraction problems in math.
Benefits of 3rd Grade Subtraction Worksheets:
The BYJU’S Math subtraction worksheets for grade 3 are specifically designed to encourage students to mentally subtract, especially with two-digit numbers, three-digit numbers and may also be skilled enough to find the difference between four-digit numbers. Using these worksheets students can practice regrouping with column-subtraction, including regrouping with zeros. The concepts that are mentioned here are majorly covered in the third grade subtraction worksheets:
- Subtracting 3-digit numbers - By practicing problems on subtracting three-digit numbers in BYJU’S Math worksheets, students will be able to do mental calculations in a variety of real-world situations that require subtraction, such as counting money and many such applications.
- Borrow across three zeros: BYJU’S Math 3rd grade subtraction worksheets contain a wide-range of problems that involve the borrowing approach. Having a solid understanding on the borrowing technique can help students to find the differences between larger numbers more easily.
- Subtraction word problems - These worksheets expose students to a variety of word problems, which helps them develop their critical thinking skills and problem-solving abilities. BYJU'S Math offers a broad variety of subtraction worksheets and based on the complexity of questions, students can begin answering word problems with an easy level worksheet and eventually increase the difficulty level.
There are three levels for each 3rd grade subtraction worksheet - easy, medium and hard. The difficulty level depends on a student’s ability to comprehend the problems that appear in a particular level of difficulty.
Printable and Interactive 3rd Grade Subtraction Worksheets PDFs:
The PDF-based printable subtraction worksheets for 3rd grade can be done offline once downloaded from the website. This will give the students ample scope to solve the worksheet problems without any time limit attached. The PDF based worksheets are easy to download and work on. The tech-based interactive worksheets for 2nd grade students are solved in an online mode. These worksheets are timed and will encourage the students to participate in such time bound activities in the future. The students are able to get the solutions instantly in the online mode.
What is subtraction?
Subtraction is the process of taking one number or amount away from another number.
What are the parts of a subtraction equation?
There are three parts in a subtraction equation and they are called minuend , subtrahend , and difference .
What is a minuend?
The minuend is a number in a subtraction equation from which another number is subtracted.
What is a subtrahend?
The number being subtracted from another number, the minuend, is called the subtrahend.
How do BYJU’S Math subtraction 3rd grade worksheets help students in math?
Solving the different types of subtraction problems in BYJU’S Math worksheets will help students become familiar with the verbatim used in subtraction operations and this activity will improve the logical reasoning in students.
Enter your email to download PDF and receive updates from OSMO
Scan to get started.
The Assessment App is available only on the Apple App Store . Please scan the QR code below with your iPhone device to download the app.
3rd Grade Subtraction Worksheets
It is a common issue with most of the 3rd-grade children that they find subtraction quite tricky. However, math worksheets for kids like 3rd grade subtraction worksheets help them understand how to subtract easily. Tutors can teach subtraction in various forms, namely, the think-addition method or Common Core’s analysis method. Help your child improve their subtracting skills using these 3rd grade subtraction worksheets.
List of 3rd Grade Subtraction Worksheets
Here are some subtraction worksheets for kids in 3rd grade. These worksheets include subtraction problems with and without regrouping.
Subtraction with Regrouping Worksheets 3rd Grade
Subtraction word problem worksheets for 3rd grade, simple subtraction worksheets 3rd grade.
Regrouping is a method of exchanging one ten into ten ones. Here, regrouping is used in subtraction when the minuend is smaller than compared to the subtrahend. Some examples are given below:
1. To measure the distance
2. To deal with money
3. To measure time
However, kids can refer to 3rd grade math worksheets subtraction with regrouping to improve their mathematical and reasoning skills.
Word problems usually include mathematical modelling questions, where information and data about a particular system are provided, and a child is required to create a model. For instance:
Example 1 : Anne had $10.00. Later, she bought candies worth $5.00. How much does she have now?
Example 2 : Joanne has $100. She went to an amusement park with her friends and spent $78. How much money is she left with now?
Mathematics is a subject that is quite interesting and fun when the learning sessions are interactive. However, a lot of fun subtraction worksheets 3rd grade are available.
Mathematics is an exciting subject because a few diagrams and equations can communicate volumes of information. In addition to this, mathematics is a language or similar to language.
How to teach Subtraction to Kids?
- Teaching Subtraction with Drawings or Objects: Challenge the children with a subtraction problem. Recite or write a subtraction problem for the kids. It’s best to write it or give them a copy of the subtraction worksheets with regrouping 3rd grade to relate to the real problem. For instance, challenge kids with such real life examples. There are ten cats at the pet store. New owners adopt six cats. How many cats are left at the pet store?
- Visualize and strategize: Like the addition facts, this step is the missing part that allows children to understand the subtraction concepts with understanding and not just memorization. Choose one small group of facts to focus on. Now, it’s time to teach the kid to visualize numbers and use an effective method to obtain the answers. Also, refer to the Time Games For Kids .
- Teaching Subtraction with Fact Families: Introduce the idea of fact families. A particular family is a set of facts, or mathematical queries, that use the corresponding numbers. There are three numbers in every fact family. These three numbers can be subtracted or added in various methods. Parents and teachers can introduce kids to subtraction worksheets with regrouping 3rd grade and help them solve them. For instance, 4, 6 and 10 create a fact family. Parents and teachers can use three numbers to form two subtraction number sentences and two addition number sentences:
10 – 4 = 6
10 – 6 = 4
Osmo provides age-wise Math Fact Games for the benefit of children as well as parents.
Frequently Asked Questions on 3rd Grade Subtraction Worksheets
What are the different types of 3rd grade subtraction worksheets.
The different types of 3rd Grade Subtraction Worksheets are two digit 3rd Grade Subtraction Worksheets, tracing 3rd Grade Subtraction Worksheets, coloring 3rd Grade Subtraction Worksheets, Subtraction with Regrouping Worksheets 3rd Grade, etc.
Why should kids be given 3rd Grade Subtraction Worksheets?
Kids must be given 3rd Grade Subtraction Worksheets because they help them to learn some important concepts of subtraction, such as regrouping, word problems, subtraction on a number line and many more in an easy method.
- Teacher How To's
- How It works
- All Worksheets
- Math Worksheets
- ELA Worksheets
Games for 3rd Graders on Subtraction with Regrouping
Kids can find two/three-digit subtraction regrouping challenging. A fair knowledge of the concept is important to solve other concepts like fractions, algebra, and place value. SplashLearn's games help them evaluate the function relation between subtraction and regrouping and enhance their skills.
- Number Sense (54)
- Compare and Order Numbers (13)
- Compare Numbers (6)
- Order Numbers (7)
- Place Value (41)
- Read and Write Numbers (29)
- Expanded Form (5)
- 3-Digit Numbers in Expanded Form (3)
- 4-Digit Numbers in Expanded Form (1)
- 5-Digit Numbers in Expanded Form (1)
- Standard Form (8)
- 3-Digit Numbers in Standard Form (3)
- 4-Digit Numbers in Standard Form (4)
- 5-Digit Numbers in Standard Form (1)
- Word Form (3)
- 3-Digit Numbers in Word Form (1)
- 4-Digit Numbers in Word Form (1)
- 5-Digit Numbers in Word Form (1)
- Unit Form (10)
- 3-Digit Numbers in Unit Form (3)
- 4-Digit Numbers in Unit Form (4)
- 5-Digit Numbers in Unit Form (3)
- Place Value Chart (3)
- 3-Digit Numbers on Place Value Chart (1)
- 4-Digit Numbers on Place Value Chart (1)
- 5-Digit Numbers on Place Value Chart (1)
- Round Numbers (12)
- Round Numbers to the Nearest 10 (8)
- Round Numbers to the Nearest 100 (4)
- Addition (54)
- Addition Without Regrouping (28)
- Add within 1000 without Regrouping (14)
- Add within 10000 without Regrouping (14)
- Addition With Regrouping (26)
- Add within 1000 with Regrouping (10)
- Add within 10000 with Regrouping (16)
- Subtraction (45)
- Subtraction Without Regrouping (23)
- Subtract within 1000 without Regrouping (11)
- Subtract within 10000 without Regrouping (12)
- Subtraction With Regrouping (22)
- Subtract within 1000 with Regrouping (14)
- Subtract across Zeros (5)
- Subtract within 10000 with Regrouping (8)
- Multiplication (135)
- Equal Groups (7)
- Multiplication Sentences (7)
- Repeated Addition to Multiply (8)
- Multiplication on Number Line (6)
- Multiplication Properties (12)
- Associative Property (2)
- Commutative Property (4)
- Distributive Property (3)
- Multiply by 0 and 1 (3)
- Times Tables (75)
- Multiplication Facts (75)
- Multiplication Facts of 2 (9)
- Multiplication Facts of 3 (9)
- Multiplication Facts of 4 (9)
- Multiplication Facts of 5 (9)
- Multiplication Facts of 6 (9)
- Multiplication Facts of 7 (8)
- Multiplication Facts of 8 (8)
- Multiplication Facts of 9 (9)
- Multiplication Facts of 10 (5)
- Division (64)
- Division Facts (43)
- Division Facts of 2 (5)
- Division Facts of 3 (5)
- Division Facts of 4 (5)
- Division Facts of 5 (5)
- Division Facts of 6 (5)
- Division Facts of 7 (5)
- Division Facts of 8 (5)
- Division Facts of 9 (5)
- Division Facts of 10 (3)
- Divide on a Number Line (3)
- Fractions (57)
- Identify Fractions (28)
- Identify fractions using models (8)
- Identify fractions on the number line (6)
- Compare Fractions (17)
- Compare fractions using visual models (1)
- Compare fractions using number lines (4)
- Compare fractions without visual models (1)
- Equivalent Fractions (12)
- Decimals (20)
- Identify tenths (7)
- Identify hundredths (8)
- Decimal Place Value (3)
- Convert Between Decimals and Fractions (2)
- Convert Decimals to Fractions (2)
- Geometry (17)
- Shapes (17)
- 2d Shapes (17)
- Identify Quadrilaterals (11)
- Identify triangles (2)
- Partition 2D Shapes (4)
- Partition into equal parts (4)
- Halves, Thirds, and Fourths (4)
- Measurement (59)
- Capacity (6)
- Data Handling (12)
- Organize and Interpret Data (12)
- Organize data in bar graphs (3)
- Organize data in line plots (3)
- Organize data in picture graphs (1)
- Interpret data in bar graphs (2)
- Interpret data in line plots (1)
- Interpret data in picture graphs (2)
- Measure Lengths (6)
- Measure Lengths using the ruler (6)
- Area of Shapes (15)
- Area of 2D Shapes (5)
- Area as Additive (5)
- Perimeter (15)
- Perimeter of Shapes (15)
- AM and PM (2)
- Elapsed Time (3)
- Time to the Nearest 5 Minutes (4)
- Time to the Nearest Minute (2)
- Counting Money (10)
- Operations With Money (10)
- Add and Subtract Money (6)
- Multiply and Divide Money (4)
- Word Problems (21)
- Addition and Subtraction Word Problems (11)
- Addition Word Problems (7)
- Addition Word Problems within 100 (2)
- Add to Compare Word Problems (2)
- Subtraction Word Problems (4)
- Multiplication and Division Word Problems (3)
- Division Word Problems (3)
- Money Word Problems (7)
- Reading (44)
- Reading Skills (44)
- Cause and Effect (6)
- Inference (6)
- Identify the Main Idea (13)
- Categorize Pictures into Groups (4)
- Choose a Suitable Heading (5)
- Prediction (6)
- Sequencing (13)
- Arrange Pictures in Order (3)
- Arrange Sentences in Order (4)
Games for 3rd Graders on Subtraction within 1000 with Regrouping
Regroup Once to Subtract Across Zeros Game
Unearth the wisdom of mathematics by learning how to regroup once to subtract across zeros.
Regroup Twice to Subtract Game
Take the first step towards building your math castle by practicing to regroup twice to subtract.
Regroup Twice to Subtract Across Zeros Game
Unearth the wisdom of mathematics by learning how to regroup twice to subtract across zeros.
Regroup Once to Subtract Game
Take the first step towards building your math castle by practicing how to regroup once to subtract.
Games for 3rd Graders on Subtraction within 10000 with Regrouping
Regroup to Subtract 2-Digit From 4-Digit Number Game
Regroup to subtract 2-digit from 4-digit numbers in this game.
Regroup to Subtract 3-Digit From 4-Digit Number Game
Enter the madness of math-multiverse by learning to regroup to subtract 3-digit from 4-digit number.
Regroup and Subtract 2-Digit From 4-Digit Numbers Game
Children must regroup and subtract 2-digit from 4-digit numbers.
Regroup and Subtract 3-Digit From 4-Digit Numbers Game
Learn to solve math problems by regrouping and subtracting 3-digit from 4-digit numbers.
All Games for 3rd Graders on Subtraction with Regrouping
Regroup and Subtract 1-Digit From 3-Digit Numbers Game
Help your child take flight by learning how to regroup and subtract 1-digit from 3-digit numbers.
Regroup to Subtract 1-Digit From 3-Digit Numbers Game
Regroup to subtract 1-digit from 3-digit numbers.
Missing Number in 1-Digit From 3-Digit Subtraction Game
Find the missing number in 1-digit from 3-digit subtraction.
Regroup and Subtract 2-Digit From 3-Digit Numbers Game
Sharpen your subtraction skills by regrouping and subtracting 2-digit from 3-digit numbers.
Regroup to Subtract 2-Digit From 3-Digit Numbers Game
Regroup to subtract 2-digit from 3-digit numbers in this game.
Regroup Once to Subtract Two 4-Digit Numbers Game
Kids must regroup once to subtract two 4-digit numbers.
Missing Number in 2-Digit From 3-Digit Subtraction Game
Kids must find the missing number in 2-digit from 3-digit subtraction.
Regroup Once and Subtract Two 4-Digit Numbers Game
Dive deep into the world of math by regrouping once and subtracting two 4-digit numbers.
Regroup and Subtract 3-Digit From 3-Digit Numbers Game
Kids must regroup and subtract 3-digit from 3-digit numbers to practice subtraction.
Regroup Twice to Subtract Two 4-Digit Numbers Game
Kids must regroup twice to subtract two 4-digit numbers.
Regroup to Subtract 3-Digit From 3-Digit Numbers Game
Enjoy the marvel of mathematics by learning to regroup to subtract 3-digit from 3-digit numbers.
Regroup Twice and Subtract Two 4-Digit Numbers Game
Dive deep into the world of subtraction by regrouping twice and subtracting two 4-digit numbers.
Missing Number in 3-Digit From 3-Digit Subtraction Game
Apply your knowledge of math to find the missing number in 3-digit from 3-digit subtraction.
Regroup Thrice to Subtract Across Zeros Game
Regroup thrice to subtract across zeros in this game.
Kids have tried it earlier with small numbers, but the chances are that they fluked it and still haven’t understood the concept. The biggest challenge is to understand the relevance of the place values of the given number. Online gaming is a fundamental platform to imbibe hands-on training to teach the concept of subtraction regrouping to kids and make sense out if.
Subtraction With Regrouping Defined
Regrouping in subtraction is a process of switching one tens into ten ones. We use regrouping in subtraction when a bigger number (subtrahend) needs to be subtracted from the smaller one (minuend).
You can use reverse learning concepts through online gaming using blocks, number lines, manipulatives, and money as a thorough technique to learn subtraction with regrouping.
Q – Solve 100-59?
How can kids solve this problem?
Step 1 – There are two techniques to solve this question. The first technique is to eliminate regrouping and convert the question into 999-59 (after deducting 1). Then, kids can add 1 to the final answer.
Step 2 – The primary step was more of a shortcut and is not a practical solution when kids face tougher algebra and fractions problems. It is better to go the borrowing way.
Step 3 – We will allot 100 the place values of hundred/tens and ones and similarly, 59 will be allotted in tens and ones.
Step 4 – 0 will be converted into a 9 by borrowing a number from the previous place value. Similarly, if there is another 0, then another number will be borrowed from the hundreds place value making it 0.
Step 5 – Now we have 99-59, making it easier for kids to solve using subtraction without regrouping. The answer should be 40.
Practical and personalized learning online games help kids identify the logic and simplify any subtraction problem, making regrouping less confusing.
Master the Technique of Subtraction With Regrouping
Here are the five best online games to learn subtraction with grouping efficiently-
1. Regroup and Subtract 1-Digit From 3-Digit Numbers
Kids will be encouraged to work with a set of problems on the column method and use their conceptual understanding to find the difference.
2. Regroup and Subtract 2-Digit From 3-Digit Numbers
3rd graders will regroup and subtract 2-digit numbers from 3-digit numbers in this game and choose the correct answer from the given options to solve the problems.
3. Missing Number in 1-Digit From 3-Digit Subtraction
Kids will learn the technique of subtraction with regrouping through this game that comprises a set of problems logically crafted for practicing the concepts of subtraction.
4. Regroup to Subtract 2-Digit From 4-Digit Number
Kids will regroup to subtract 2-digit from 4-digit numbers in this game and choose the correct answer from the given options to solve the problems.
Is it Hard to Learn Subtraction Regrouping?
Reaching the 3rd grade gives an exciting level to the kids when they are introduced to fresh concepts like multiplication. But when they are taken back to subtraction involving confusion of borrowing and regrouping, it might confuse them more. Kids have learned their numeracy using traditional methods but have still not mastered their number sense using subtraction regrouping.
Parents Can Enhance the Development of Number Sense
As parents, it is imperative to let go of the traditional ways and use online techniques to build a strong foundation of understanding subtraction regrouping, which is mandatory for later solving of Algebra. Come up with initiatives and real-life problems related to money and useful “tricks” to help kids play with numbers. They should be able to come up with a convenient way to simplify subtraction problems.
Motivate your 3rd Grader to solve subtraction using borrowing with ease and grasp the fundamentals of subtraction with fun. SplashLearn aims to inculcate visual representation of subtraction regrouping and encourages kids to learn the technique in more than one way.
Your one stop solution for all grade learning needs.
Reading & Math for K-5
- Learning numbers
- Comparing numbers
- Place Value
- Roman numerals
- Order of operations
- Drills & practice
- Factoring & prime factors
- Shape & geometry
- Data & graphing
- Word problems
- Children's stories
- Leveled Stories
- Context clues
- Cause & effect
- Compare & contrast
- Fact vs. fiction
- Fact vs. opinion
- Main idea & details
- Story elements
- Conclusions & inferences
- Sounds & phonics
- Words & vocabulary
- Reading comprehension
- Early writing
- Numbers & counting
- Simple math
- Social skills
- Other activities
- Dolch sight words
- Fry sight words
- Multiple meaning words
- Prefixes & suffixes
- Vocabulary cards
- Other parts of speech
- Cursive alphabet
- Cursive letters
- Cursive letter joins
- Cursive words
- Cursive sentences
- Cursive passages
- Grammar & Writing
- in columns, 4-digit #'s
Download & Print Only $7.90
Subtracting 4-digit numbers in columns
Regroup and subtract.
In these grade 3 math worksheets students subtract random numbers from numbers up to 9,999. The problems are shown in columnar form and most will need regrouping (or "borrowing").
These worksheets are available to members only.
Join K5 to save time, skip ads and access more content. Learn More
More subtraction worksheets
Explore all of our subtraction worksheets , from subtracting by counting objects to subtracting large numbers in columns.
What is K5?
K5 Learning offers free worksheets , flashcards and inexpensive workbooks for kids in kindergarten to grade 5. Become a member to access additional content and skip ads.
Our members helped us give away millions of worksheets last year.
We provide free educational materials to parents and teachers in over 100 countries. If you can, please consider purchasing a membership ($24/year) to support our efforts.
Members skip ads and access exclusive features.
Learn about member benefits
This content is available to members only.
- Forgot Password?
- Number Chart
- Number Counting
- Skip Counting
- Tracing – Number Tracing
- Numbers – Missing
- Numbers – Least to Greatest
- Before & After Numbers
- Greater & Smaller Number
- Number – More or Less
- Numbers -Fact Family
- Numbers – Place Value
- Even & Odd
- Tally Marks
- Fraction Addition
- Fraction Circles
- Fraction Model
- Fraction Subtraction
- Fractions – Comparing
- Fractions – Equivalent
- Decimal Addition
- Decimal Model
- Decimal Subtraction
- Addition – Picture
- Addition – 1 Digit
- Addition – 2 Digit
- Addition – 3 Digit
- Addition – 4 Digit
- Addition – Missing Addend
- Addition Regrouping
- Addition Word Problems
- Subtraction – Picture
- Subtraction – 1 Digit
- Subtraction – 2 Digit
- Subtraction – 3 Digit
- Subtraction – 4 Digit
- Subtraction Regrouping
- Multiplication – Repeated Addition
- Times Tables
- Times Table – Times Table Chart
- Multiplication – Horizontal
- Multiplication – Vertical
- Multiplication-1 Digit
- Multiplication-2 Digit by 2 Digit
- Multiplication-3 Digit by 1 Digit
- Squares – Perfect Squares
- Multiplication Word Problems
- Square Root
- Division – Long Division
- Division-2Digit by1Digit-No Remainder
- Division-2Digit by1Digit-With Remainder
- Division-3Digit by1Digit-No Remainder
- Division – Sharing
- Time – Elapsed Time
- Time – Clock Face
- Pan Balance Problems
- Algebraic Reasoning
- Math Worksheets on Graph Paper
- Preschool Worksheets
- Kindergarten Worksheets
- Home Preschool Kindergarten First Grade Math Pinterest
- Book Report Critical Thinking Pattern Cut and Paste Patterns Pattern – Number Patterns Pattern – Shape Patterns Pattern – Line Patterns Easter Feelings & Emotions Grades Fifth Grade First Grade First Grade – Popular First Grade Fractions Fourth Grade Kindergarten Worksheets Kindergarten Addition Kindergarten Subtraction PreK Worksheets Preschool Worksheets Color, Trace & Draw Coloring Color by Number Spring Cut and Paste Activities Cut and Paste Letters Cut and Paste Numbers Cut and Paste Shapes Cut and Paste Worksheets Dot to Dot Dot to Dot – Numbers 1-10 Dot to Dot – Numbers 1-20 Dot to Dot – Tracing Dot to Dot – Letter – a-z Dot to Dot – Numbers 1-50 Fruits and Vegetables Modes of Transportation Opposites Preschool Matching Worksheets Scissor Cutting Skills Size – Same and Different Size Comparison Size – Big Bigger Biggest Size – Longest and Shortest Size – Shortest and Tallest Size – Smallest and Biggest Tracing Pre Writing Worksheets Tracing – Line Tracing – Preschool Tracing – Shape Tracing – Preschool Tracing – Picture Tracing Tracing – Picture Tracing – Popular Trace and Draw Tracing – Spiral Tracing Second Grade Second Grade – Popular Third Grade Graphing Graph – Trace and Draw Graphing – Count and Graph Halloween Worksheets Pumpkin Worksheets Letter Alphabet Coloring Letter – Coloring Letter – Mazes Letters – Alphabet Chart Letters – Before and After Letters – Capital Letters Letters -Uppercase Letters Letters – Uppercase and Lowercase Letters -Missing Letters Letters -Small Letters Letters -Lowercase Letters Tracing – Letter Tracing Uppercase and Lowercase Math Addition Addition – 1 Digit Addition – 1 More Addition – 10 more Addition – 2 Digit Addition – 3 Digit Addition – 4 Digit Addition – Add and Match Addition – Add and Multiply Addition – Add Tens Addition – Adding 3 Numbers Addition – Adding 4 Numbers Addition – Basic Addition Facts Addition – Dice Addition – Making 10 Addition – Making 5 Addition – Missing Addend Addition – No Regrouping Addition – Number Line Addition – Picture Addition – Popular Addition – Repeated Addition Addition – Sums up to 10 Addition – Sums up to 20 Addition – Sums up to 30 Addition – Ways to Make a Number Addition – Sums up to 5 Addition Doubles Addition Doubles Plus One Addition Regrouping Addition Sentences Addition/Subtraction Addition/Subtraction – 1 More 1 Less Addition/Subtraction – 10 More 10 Less Algebra Algebraic Reasoning Balancing Equations Equations Pan Balance Problems Brain Teasers Decimal Decimal Addition Decimal Model Decimal Subtraction Dice Worksheets Division Division – Long Division Division – Sharing Division-2Digit by1Digit-No Remainder Division-2Digit by1Digit-With Remainder Division-3Digit by1Digit-No Remainder Fraction Fraction Addition Fraction Circles Fraction Circles Template Fraction Model Fraction Subtraction Fractions – Coloring Fractions – Comparing Fractions – Equivalent Fractions – Halves Geometry Polygon Magic Squares Magic Triangles Math Worksheets on Graph Paper Multiplication Multiplication – Basic Facts Multiplication – Cubes Multiplication – Horizontal Multiplication – Popular Multiplication – Quiz Multiplication – Repeated Addition Multiplication – Test Multiplication – Vertical Multiplication Target Circles Multiplication-1 Digit Multiplication-2 Digit by 2 Digit Multiplication-3 Digit by 1 Digit Multiplication-3 Digit by 2 Digit Squares – Perfect Squares Times Tables Times Table – 10 Times Table Times Table – 11 Times Table Times Table – 12 Times Table Times Table – 2 Times Table Times Table – 3 Times Table Times Table – 4 Times Table Times Table – 5 Times Table Times Table – 6 Times Table Times Table – 7 Times Table Times Table – 8 Times Table Times Table – 9 Times Table Times Table – Popular Times Table – Times Table Chart Times Tables – Advanced Times Tables 2 -12 – 1 Worksheet Number Number – Comparing Number – More or Less Number – Greater & Smaller Number – Hundreds Number – Ordinal Numbers Number Bonds Number Chart Number Coloring Number Counting Number – Count How Many Number Counting – Dice Numbers – Count and Match Numbers – Before, After, and Between Numbers 1-20 – Before & After Numbers – Even & Odd Numbers – Missing Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-50 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-10 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-100 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-15 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-20 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-30 Numbers – Ordering Numbers Numbers – Least to Greatest Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-10 Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-100 Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-20 Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-30 Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-50 Numbers – Place Value Numbers – Ten Frames Numbers – Tens and Ones Numbers -Fact Family Numbers 1 – 10 Numbers 1 – 100 Numbers 1 – 20 Numbers 1 – 30 Numbers 1 – 50 Numbers 1 – 15 Numbers 1-120 Part Part Whole Skip Counting Skip Counting – Count by 1000s Skip Counting – Count by 100s Skip Counting – Count by 10s Skip Counting – Count by 2s Skip Counting – Count by 5s Skip Counting – Popular Skip Counting by 2s, 5s, and10s Tracing – Number Tracing Percent Puzzles Regrouping – Addition and Subtraction Shapes Shape – Match Shapes Shape – Mazes Shape Names Shapes – Popular Square Root Subtraction Subtraction – 1 Digit Subtraction – 1 Less Subtraction – 10 Less Subtraction – 2 Digit Subtraction – 3 Digit Subtraction – 4 Digit Subtraction – Missing Minuends Subtraction – Missing Subtrahends Subtraction – No Regrouping Subtraction – Number Line Subtraction – Picture Subtraction – Subtract and Match Subtraction – Subtract Tens Subtraction – Within 10 Subtraction – Within 20 Subtraction – Within 5 Subtraction Regrouping Subtraction Sentences Symmetry Tally Marks Time Time – Clock Face Time – Draw the hands Time – Elapsed Time Time – Elapsed Time Ruler Time – Telling Time Word Problems Addition Word Problems Multiplication Word Problems Subtraction Word Problems Missing Operator Most Popular Math Worksheets Most Popular Preschool and Kindergarten Worksheets Most Popular Worksheets New Worksheets Phonics Phonics – Beginning Sounds Phonics – Ending Sounds Phonics – Middle Sounds Preschool and Kindergarten – Mazes Printable Posters Charts Science Life Cycle Spelling Spelling – Days of the Week Spelling – Months of the Year Spelling – Numbers in Words Spot the difference Theme Worksheets Theme – Animal Theme – Dinosaur Theme – Cloud Theme – Flower Theme – Fruit Theme – Transport Theme – Aeroplane Theme – Car Theme – Rocket Theme – Train Theme – Truck Thinking Skills Analogies Worksheets Picture Analogies Preschool – Connect other half Top Worksheets Uncategorized Writing
4 Digit Subtraction With Regrouping – Borrowing – Five Worksheets
- Divider Lines
- graph paper
- Numbers lined up
- Ones versus Tens Place
- regrouping in subtraction
- regrouping worksheets
- subtraction —
- subtraction regrouping
- subtraction with regrouping
- subtraction worksheets
- Vertical Lines
- visual workbook
3 Digit Subtraction With Regrouping – Borrowing – Five Worksheets
- 3 Digit Borrow Subtraction
2 Digit Subtraction With Regrouping – Borrowing – Four Worksheets
- 2 Digit Borrow Subtraction
2 Digit Borrow Subtraction – Regrouping – 4 Worksheets
3 Digit Borrow Subtraction – Regrouping – 4 Worksheets
- Avoid Confusion
2 Digit Borrow Subtraction – Regrouping – 6 Worksheets
3 Digit Borrow Subtraction – Regrouping – 5 Worksheets
3 Digit Addition With Regrouping – Carrying – 6 Worksheets
- 3 Digit Addition With Regrouping
- With Regrouping
2 Digit Borrow Subtraction – Regrouping – 5 Worksheets
- Borrow Subtraction
4 Digit Subtraction With Regrouping – Borrowing – 9 Worksheets
Scroll to Top