Car Wash Business Plan
Ready to start your own car wash business? Set yourself up for success by creating a solid business plan. Download this business plan template, with pre-filled examples, to inspire your own plan.
Download a free car wash business plan template in PDF or Word doc format
This form will load shortly, thanks for your patience.
What you'll get with this template:
- A complete business plan Unlike other blank templates, our business plan examples are complete business plans with all of the text and financial forecasts already filled out. Edit the text to make the plan your own and save hundreds of hours.
- A professional business plan template All 550 of our business plans are in the SBA-approved format that’s proven to raise money from lenders and investors.
- Instructions and help at every step Get help with clear, simple instructions for each section of the business plan. No business experience necessary.
- A Word doc you can edit We don't just have PDF documents that make editing a challenge. Each plan is available in Word format so you can start editing your business plan example right away.
Key sections in this car wash business plan:
All of our sample business plans are complete and include all of the sections that bankers and investors expect to see. Every plan includes the following sections:
- Executive Summary : A quick overview of your plan and entices investors to read more of your plan.
- Company : Describes the ownership and history of your business.
- Products and Services : Reviews what you sell and what you’re offering your customers.
- Market Analysis : Describes your customers and the size of your target market.
- Strategy and Implementation : Provides the details of how you plan on building the business.
- Management Team : An overview of the people behind the business and why they’re the right team to make the business a success.
- Financial Plan : A complete set of forecasts including a Profit and Loss Statement, Cash Flow Statement, and Balance Sheet.
If you're interested in learning how to write a business plan, read our free in-depth guide to writing a business plan , download our free Business Plan Template , and check out LivePlan —our award-winning business planning software.
Looking for a sample business plan PDF? You can download a few PDF examples below:
- Accounting and Bookkeeping Sample Business Plan PDF
- Agriculture Farm Sample Business Plan PDF
- Cleaning Service Sample Business Plan PDF
Need a faster way to write your business plan? LivePlan is the #1 planning tool for over 1 million businesses.
Flash Sale. 40% Off the #1 rated business plan builder
19+ Car Wash Business Plan Template Free Word, Excel, PDF Format Download
Whether considering a large scale or a small-scale business plan , having the car wash plan will provide their financier with insight of the necessity and purpose the plan samples will impact to the investors. One factor in common with all simple business plans is that they are drafted intently to help make projection about the financial viability of a venture.
Plan Template Bundle
- Google Docs
Sample Car Wash Business Plan Template
Mobile Car Wash Business Plan Template
Modern Car Rental Business Plan Template
- Apple Pages
Car Repair Business Plan Template
Car Wash Business Plan Template
Trucking Business Plan Template
Sample Business Plan in Word Layout
Simple Business Plan to Print Design
Free Car Wash Flyer with Price Listing with Cover Page
Free Automatic Car Wash Business Planning Template
Free Car Wash Business Plan in PDF Format
Free Financial Car Wash Business Plan with Chart
Free Car Wash Business Plan Sample Template
Free Sample Car Wash Business Plan Template
Free Car Wash Business Marketing Plan Template
How to Start a Free Car Wash Business Plan
Free Home Hand Car Wash Business Plan Sheet
Free Mobile Car Wash Business Proposal Plan Template
How to Write a Car Wash Business Plan
More in Plan Templates
Car Sales Business Plan Template
School Cash Management Policy Template
Business Handbook Template
Car Rental Business Plan Template
Get Instant Access to Free & Premium Car Wash Business Plan Templates , AI Tools & Daily Fresh Content
Get access to 1 million+ FREE, PRO, template bundles with professional written original content. Advanced AI, design, document editing tools
Car Wash Business Plan Template [Updated 2023]
Car Wash Business Plan Template
If you want to start a Car Wash or expand your current Car Wash business, you need a business plan.
The following car wash business plan template gives you the key elements to include in a winning business plan. It will help you if you need a traditional car wash business plan or a mobile wash business plan. That’s because a mobile car wash business plan is very similar to the traditional car wash business plan except for the location. You will simply specify which one you operate in a few sections of your business plan.
You can download our Car Wash Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
Below are links to each of the key sections of your Car Wash business plan:
Car Wash Business Plan Home I. Executive Summary II. Company Overview III. Industry Analysis IV. Customer Analysis V. Competitive Analysis VI. Marketing Plan VII. Operations Plan VIII. Management Team IX. Financial Plan
Click below to see each section of our free car wash business plan template. You can also click here to get our car wash business plan pdf .
Comments are closed.
DetailXPerts’ Car Wash Business Plan Sample Free Download
The importance of a car wash business plan cannot be overrated. It is the key ingredient to a successful business. In fact, it is one of the first requirements in your start up or expansion process. Smallbusiness.chron.com says it has to be done together with your market research. Unfortunately, it is often ignored, because it can be time-consuming and requires a lot of effort. You need to be creative to come up with an effective car wash business plan . Nonetheless, there are a lot of websites that offer free guides and samples . But before you pick one, be sure to know what you should look for in a car wash business plan sample free download or guide .
DetailXPerts presents a car wash business plan sample free download to help you take on the challenge of creating your own car wash business plan. Once you download it, use it with this comprehensive guide on how to write your car wash business plan.
DetailXPerts’ Car Wash Business Plan Sample Free Download Guide
The car wash business plan executive summary is the first part of DetailXPerts’ car wash business plan sample free download. It is ideal to create a draft of your executive summary to use as your guide in creating the whole car wash business plan. You can then just finalize it when you’re halfway through the whole document or when you’re almost done.
Keep in mind that some investors can be very busy and would just have time to read your executive summary. Therefore, you have to be able to summarize the essence of your car wash business in one page.
The first section of DetailXPerts’ car wash business plan sample free download is the Company Profile. This section contains the following components:
This describes the nature of your business. Be sure to include the complete address of your business location.
This component states who the owner is and the type of ownership. Is it a sole proprietorship or a corporation? Is it a limited liability corporation?
This sub section lays out the start-up details. How will you go about raising capital, securing facilities and purchasing equipment? How much is the start-up cost? A table is provided for you to fill out the cost of each expense. You may add an expense that is not included on the table. A sample graph of the start-up finances is also provided. Bear in mind that the graph shows fictitious figures. Substitute actual figures when you create your own car wash business plan.
A vision statement spells out goals at a high level and and should coincide with your goals for the business. Your vision is your destination! It should state where you want your car wash business to be, in terms of growth, values, employees and contributions to the community.
The mission should match the vision of the business. It is a business strategy statement of how you will get to your vision. It answers three questions: What do you do? How do you do it? For whom do you do it?
Objectives are specific business goals. They include sales targets and specific measures of customer satisfaction.
The second section of DetailXperts’ car wash business plan sample free download is the Services Section. This is the part where you explain your products and how you will deliver them.
Strategic and Market Analysis
The third section of DetailXPerts’ car wash business plan sample free download is the strategic and market analysis section. It contains the following sub-sections:
This is where you write down research findings on the overall car wash industry.
Overall Market Analysis
This sub section identifies your appropriate target market.
Includes a breakdown of your target market into segments. Sample table and graph in this area are also provided.
The competitive analysis covers your research findings on your competition. Identify who your competitors are. If there are a number of competitors in the same industry (meaning that it is not feasible to describe each one) then showcase the number of businesses that compete with you, and why your business will provide customers with service/products that are of better quality or less expensive than your competition.
In this car wash business plan sample free download, a table is provided where you can fill out the different service factors, strengths and weaknesses of your car wash and your competitors’ car wash.
This lets your readers know what you can offer that your competitors can’t. In other words, this is where you state your Unique Selling Point (USP).
Strategy and Implementation
This section of the car wash business plan sample free download contains the following sub-areas:
This states your objectives as to why you are going to implement marketing strategies. Use the guide question: What are your goals?
This describes the techniques that you will use to make your target market aware of your car wash.
Explains your method or methods of setting prices. Use the pricing table provided on the car wash business plan sample free download.
This part answers the questions: How will you sell your services? What’s unique about your services?
Monthly and annual wash volume and sales will be the greatest indicators of the success of your car wash. Use the sample tables and graphs provided on the car wash business plan sample free download as guides in presenting your sales forecast.
This is your calendar/timetable. List down your tasks and indicate the date that you have started and accomplished the task. This is also the venue where you can present the budget and who is in charge of the task. Use the milestones table provided.
This section describes how the business will operate, who will do the work and how much they will be paid. Lay out the details using the Personnel Plan table provided on the car wash business plan sample free download.
Provide a clear-cut picture of the sources of funds and your general financial assumptions. Include a table of projected profit and losses (P&L) for three consecutive years. Chart your break-even analysis and projected cash flow . Use the sample tables provided as guides.
If appropriate, include personal financial statements for each owner and major stockholder, showing assets and liabilities held outside of the business and personal net worth. Owners will often have to draw on personal assets to finance the business, and these statements will show what is available. Bankers and investors usually want this information as well.
This is the last section of DetailXPerts’ car wash business plan sample free download. This is where you place add-on details like the location map and site plan.
Ready to start drafting your car wash business plan now? Consider being a DetailXPerts car wash business franchisee and enjoy the benefits of having the industry experts help you in creating your own car wash business plan.
Enjoyed this post? Sign up for our newsletter to receive more valuable tips, ideas, coupons, and extras!
- Business Models
- More Flexibility
- More Rewards
- Market Availability
- Industry Data
- The Future Car Wash
- Getting Started
- Application Process
- For Franchise Coaches
- For Veterans
- Press Releases
- Our Franchise System
- Operations Help
- Business Advantages
- Customer Service
- Marketing & Sales
- Our Difference
- Executive Team
- Franchise Cost
- Ideal Franchisee
- Our Advantages
- Our Customers
Car Wash Business Plan Template
Car wash business plan.
You’ve come to the right place to create your Car Wash business plan.
We have helped over 10,000 entrepreneurs and business owners create business plans and many have used them to start or grow their car washes.
Below is a template to help you create each section of your Car Wash business plan.
Eco-Clean Car Wash is a startup car wash company located in Boston, Massachusetts. The company is founded by Thomas Wright, a former car wash manager who has gained valuable insights in how to run a car wash during his time working at Clean & Dry Car Wash. Now that Thomas has garnered a positive reputation for his exceptional management skills, he is ready to start his new company, Eco-Clean Car Wash. Thomas is confident that his ability to effectively manage staff and operations combined with his winning customer service record will help him successfully open and run a profitable car wash.
Eco-Clean Car Wash will provide a comprehensive array of car wash and car detailing services sure to impress any vehicle owner. Eco-Clean Car Wash will be the ultimate choice in Boston for people looking for an eco-friendly car wash option. The company uses eco-friendly technology to ensure smart water usage, runs on solar power, and uses chemical-free products to clean and detail customers’ automobiles.
The following are the services that Eco-Clean Car Wash will provide:
- Eco-Express Car Wash
- Full Service Eco-Clean Car Wash
- Eco-Car Detailing
- A La Carte Services (vacuuming, window cleaning…)
Eco-Clean Car Wash will target all vehicle owners in Boston. The company will target owners of cars, trucks, SUVs, RVs, motorcycles, and vans. Eco-Clean Car Wash will also target those individuals who prefer to do business with eco-friendly companies and are willing to spend more for an eco-friendly car wash. No matter the customer, Eco-Clean Car Wash will deliver the highest quality car care and the best customer service.
Eco-Clean Car Wash will be owned and operated by Thomas Wright. Thomas is a former car wash manager for another local car wash. He has gained valuable insights in how to run a car wash business during his time working for Clean & Dry Car Wash. Thomas is a graduate of the University of Boston with a Bachelor’s degree in Finance. He will be in charge of the finances, supplier relationships, and eco-initiatives for the company.
Thomas has recruited an experienced car wash attendant, Patrick Collins, to be his co-manager and oversee the maintenance of the equipment and handle the training and management of the car wash attendants. Patrick Collins has been the top performing car wash attendant at Clean & Dry Car Wash for over five years. Thomas relies strongly on Patrick’s diligence, attention to detail, and focus when providing car detailing services, inspecting equipment, and training car wash attendants.
Eco-Clean Car Wash will be able to achieve success by offering the following competitive advantages:
- The management team, car wash attendants, and car detailers will all provide exceptional service for every customer that comes in for a car wash. The attendants will be trained to employ a high attention to detail to ensure every vehicle is cleaned to perfection.
- Eco-Clean Car Wash strives to live up to its name. The company uses an eco-conscious approach in every aspect of the business from the chemical-free products and water conservation to the recycling program and incentives for customers and employees who make green choices.
- Flexible pricing options – customers can choose from multiple packages, monthly memberships, or a la carte pricing for smaller services like vacuum only or window cleaning only.
Eco-Clean Car Wash is seeking $350,000 in debt financing to launch its car wash business. The funding will be dedicated towards securing the property and purchasing car wash equipment and supplies. Funding will also be dedicated towards three months of overhead costs to include payroll of the staff, utilities, and marketing expenses. The breakout of the funding is below:
- Property purchase and build-out: $200,000
- Car wash equipment and supplies: $40,000
- Three months of overhead expenses (payroll, utilities): $90,000
- Marketing costs: $10,000
- Working capital: $10,000
The following graph below outlines the pro forma financial projections for Eco-Clean Car Wash.
Who is eco-clean car wash.
Eco-Clean Car Wash is a newly established full-service car wash located in Boston, Massachusetts. Eco-Clean will be the most reliable, eco-friendly, and high quality choice for vehicle owners in the Boston area. The company’s eco-friendly approach is built on less water, less energy, and more customer service. Eco-Clean Car Wash will provide a comprehensive array of car wash and car detailing services sure to impress any eco-conscious vehicle owner. The company uses eco-friendly technology to ensure smart water usage, runs on solar power, and uses chemical-free products to clean and detail customers’ automobiles.
The company’s management team is dedicated to training all employees on the best practices for car detailing and customer service to exceed customer expectations. Each car wash attendant and auto detailer is trained to practice attention to detail and thorough cleaning of each car that comes through the car wash.
Eco-Clean Car Wash History
Eco-Clean is owned and operated by Thomas Wright, a former car wash manager who has a Finance degree from the University of Boston. Thomas has worked for a local car wash company and managed a small team of car wash attendants. Thomas’s tenure with the car wash company has given him the skills and knowledge required to venture out on his own and start his own car wash. Thomas has gained a reputation for being an exemplary manager and has a list of car wash attendants who have expressed interest in working for his new company.
Since incorporation, Eco-Clean Car Wash has achieved the following milestones:
- Registered Eco-Clean Car Wash, LLC to transact business in the state of Massachusetts.
- Has identified the desired location and vacant property to purchase for the car wash.
- Reached out to potential suppliers of chemical-free products and eco-friendly car wash equipment to get quotes.
- Began recruiting a staff of car wash attendants and car detailers to work at Eco-Clean Car Wash.
Eco-Clean Car Wash Services
The global car wash industry is an estimated $33B market with North America boasting the most car washes of any region. The United States alone contributes to approximately 43% of the total global market share with over 60,000 car wash locations operated by 16,000 companies with over 163,000 employees across the country. The states with the most car washes are California (2,025) followed by Texas (1,465), Florida (1,289), and New York (901).
The market for car washes is highly fragmented with no major players and no companies with more than 5% market share. The most common types of car washes are self-service bay, detailing services, in-bay automatic wash, hand washing, exterior only, and full service. In-bay automatic car wash stations are the most popular, with 51% of customers preferring this type of car wash.
Car wash operators who use eco-friendly products and run eco-friendly facilities can gain a competitive advantage especially among millennial and Gen Z customers who prefer eco-friendly options and are willing to spend more money on these products and services.
Demographic profile of target market.
Eco-Clean Car Wash will target all vehicle owners in Boston. The company will target owners of cars, trucks, SUVs, RVs, motorcycles, and vans. Eco-Clean Car Wash will also target those individuals who prefer to do business with eco-friendly companies and are willing to spend more for an eco-friendly car wash.
The precise demographics for Boston, Massachusetts are:
Eco-Clean will primarily target the following customer profiles:
- Owners of cars, trucks, vans, SUVs, motorcycles, and RVs
- Eco-conscious consumers
Direct and indirect competitors.
Eco-Clean Car Wash will face competition from other companies with similar business profiles. A description of each competitor company is below.
Clean & Dry Car Wash
Clean & Dry Car Wash is a full-service car wash located in Boston, Massachusetts. The car wash offers a wide variety of car wash and detailing services including automated, self-service, handwash, and no-water wash options. The company is owned and operated by car enthusiasts who know the importance of car care and are dedicated to providing quality service for their customers. Clean & Dry Car Wash ’s promise is to deliver personalized customer service, exceptional car washes, and low prices.
Classy Bubble Car Wash
Classy Bubble Car Wash is a Boston-based car wash and auto detailing company that provides outstanding service to car owners. Classy Bubble Car Wash makes it easy to get a high quality car wash without the hassle. The company provides comprehensive full-service car wash services for cars, trucks, vans, and any other standard-sized vehicle. The owners of Classy Bubble Car Wash are car detailing professionals so they understand how a thorough detailing job should look. The company has three tiers of car wash packages to choose from – basic, premium, and extra premium. Customers can choose eco-friendly product options like chemical-free soap and waterless washes for an additional fee.
Shine Clean Car Wash
Shine Clean Car Wash is a trusted Boston-based car wash that provides superior service to car owners in Boston and surrounding areas. The company has three locations throughout the city and is able to provide a one-stop shop for anyone looking to get a quality car wash fast. Shine Clean Car Wash provides full-service car wash and auto detailing packages. The company’s car wash attendants are trained in efficiency to provide the quickest service possible and get customers back on the road sooner.
Eco-Clean Car Wash will be able to offer the following advantages over their competition:
- Flexible pricing options – customers can choose from multiple packages, monthly memberships, or a la carte pricing for smaller services such as vacuuming or window cleaning.
Brand & value proposition.
Eco-Clean Car Wash will offer the unique value proposition to its clientele:
- Eco-Clean Car Wash uses an eco-conscious approach in every aspect of the business from the chemical-free products and water conservation to the recycling program and incentives for customers and employees who make green choices.
- Flexible pricing options – customers can choose from multiple packages, monthly memberships, or a la carte pricing.
The promotions strategy for Eco-Clean Car Wash is as follows:
Social Media Marketing
The company will invest in professional marketing services provided by a local marketing firm. Social media marketing will be one of the most effective and low-cost strategies for gaining brand awareness and increasing the company’s customer base. The marketing firm will help manage the social media presence by creating and updating various social media accounts such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok.
Eco-Clean Car Wash will invest in professionally designed print ads to display in flyers, newspapers, magazines, and direct-mailers.
Broadcast & Streaming Media Advertising
The company will invest in commercials to be played on broadcast networks, podcasts, and streaming services.
Eco-Clean Car Wash will work with the same local marketing firm that created their social media strategy to also make the company website. The website will be well organized, informative, and list all the services and pricing options that Eco-Clean is able to provide. The website will also include information on all of the eco-friendly initiatives the company is implementing and ways customers can get involved. The marketing firm will also manage Eco-Clean’s website presence with SEO marketing tactics so that when someone types into the search engine “Boston car wash” or “car wash near me”, Eco-Clean Car Wash will be listed at the top of the search results.
The pricing of Eco-Clean Car Wash will be premium. Customers come to Eco-Clean Wash for high quality eco-friendly washes and superior service. However, customers will also have the opportunity to receive steep discounts for participating in eco-friendly incentives and promotions.
The following will be the operations plan for Eco-Clean Car Wash.
- Thomas Wright will be the Owner and Co-Manager of Eco-Clean Car Wash. He will oversee all finances, supplier relationships, and eco-initiatives for the company.
- Patrick Collins – Co-Manager who will be responsible for all car wash equipment inspections, car wash operations, and attendant training/management.
Eco-Clean will outsource many of its business functions including marketing, maintenance, and recruitment. The company will use business management software for customer relationship management (CRM), accounting/bookkeeping, and employee scheduling.
Eco-Clean Car Wash will have the following milestones complete in the next six months.
10/1/2022 – Finalize contract to purchase property.
10/15/2022 – Purchase car wash equipment and supplies.
11/1/2022 – Begin build-out of the car wash facility.
12/15/2022 – Begin recruiting and training car wash attendants.
1/22/2023 – Implement the marketing campaign.
2/1/2023 – Eco-Clean Car Wash opens for business.
Key revenue & costs.
The revenue drivers for Eco-Clean Car Wash are the car wash fees that will be charged to the customers in exchange for car wash and detailing services.
The cost drivers will be the overhead costs required in order to staff a car wash. The expenses will be the payroll cost, utilities, car wash supplies, and marketing materials.
Funding Requirements and Use of Funds
The following outlines the key assumptions required in order to achieve the revenue and cost numbers in the financials and in order to pay off the startup business loan.
- Number of car washes per month: 2,000
- Average fees per month: $35,000
- Commercial property mortgage payment per year: $60,000
Income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement, car wash business plan faqs, what is a car wash business plan.
A car wash business plan is a plan to start and/or grow your car wash business. Among other things, it outlines your business concept, identifies your target customers, presents your marketing plan and details your financial projections.
You can easily complete your car wash business plan using our Car Wash Business Plan Template here .
What are the Main Types of Car Wash Businesses?
There are a number of different kinds of car wash business , some examples include: Automatic or Tunnel Car Washes, In-bay Automatic Car Washes, Self-service, and Mobile Car Washes.
How Do You Get Funding for Your Car Wash Business Plan?
Car wash businesses are often funded through small business loans. Personal savings, credit card financing and angel investors are also popular forms of funding. This is true for a car detailing business plan or a car washing business plan.
What are the Steps To Start a Car Wash Business?
Starting a car wash business can be an exciting endeavor. Having a clear roadmap of the steps to start a business will help you stay focused on your goals and get started faster.
1. Develop A Car Wash Business Plan - The first step in starting a business is to create a detailed business plan for your car wash that outlines all aspects of the venture. This should include potential market size and target customers, the services or products you will offer, pricing strategies and a detailed financial forecast.
2. Choose Your Legal Structure - It's important to select an appropriate legal entity for your car wash business. This could be a limited liability company (LLC), corporation, partnership, or sole proprietorship. Each type has its own benefits and drawbacks so it’s important to do research and choose wisely so that your car wash business is in compliance with local laws.
3. Register Your Car Wash Business - Once you have chosen a legal structure, the next step is to register your car wash business with the government or state where you’re operating from. This includes obtaining licenses and permits as required by federal, state, and local laws.
4. Identify Financing Options - It’s likely that you’ll need some capital to start your car wash business, so take some time to identify what financing options are available such as bank loans, investor funding, grants, or crowdfunding platforms.
5. Choose a Location - Whether you plan on operating out of a physical location or not, you should always have an idea of where you’ll be based should it become necessary in the future as well as what kind of space would be suitable for your operations.
6. Hire Employees - There are several ways to find qualified employees including job boards like LinkedIn or Indeed as well as hiring agencies if needed – depending on what type of employees you need it might also be more effective to reach out directly through networking events.
7. Acquire Necessary Car Wash Equipment & Supplies - In order to start your car wash business, you'll need to purchase all of the necessary equipment and supplies to run a successful operation.
8. Market & Promote Your Business - Once you have all the necessary pieces in place, it’s time to start promoting and marketing your car wash business. This includes creating a website, utilizing social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter, and having an effective Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy. You should also consider traditional marketing techniques such as radio or print advertising.
Learn more about how to start a successful car wash business:
- How to Start a Car Wash Business
Other Helpful Business Plan Templates
Franchise Business Plan Template Car Detailing Business Plan Template
Car wash business plan template
Download this car wash business plan template in PDF or Word format, or tailor it to your project directly in our business plan software.
Discover our car wash business plan template
Not accustomed to writing business plans? Our car wash business template will turn a typically challenging process into a total breeze.
Modelled on a complete business plan of a car wash in Normandy, our template features both the financial forecast and the written part that presents the project, its team, the local market and the business strategy implemented by the management.
Cast your eyes on this template to achieve a better understanding of what your bank and investors would like to see, so that you can create a business plan that meets their expectations.
Template only available to paying subscribers of our online business planning software . Get a 7-day trial for free.
Edit the car wash business plan template online, or download it
Available in pdf.
Just after a little inspiration? Download the business plan template in PDF to print and have a read over it.
Download in Word format
Want to edit your plan on Word? Simply export the car wash business plan template to MS Word (.dox) format.
Tailor it to your own project
Adapt this template to your personal project by changing the written part or the financial forecast in our online business plan software .
Template only available to paying subscribers of our online business plan software . Get a 7-day trial for free.
Car wash business plan template content
This template includes a complete business plan, with a financial forecast and the following sections:
- Executive summary: The executive summary gives the reader a clear and concise overview of your business idea
- Company: This section lays out the structure of your business, including its location, management team and legal status
- Products and services: Here, you'll give an overview of the services or products offered by the company
- Market analysis: The market analysis is where you’ll demonstrate that there is a strong demand for your products and services through a thorough assessment of the industry (customer profile, hot trends, regulation, competition, etc.)
- Strategy: This section highlights the company's game plan when it comes to pricing, marketing and mitigating risks along the way
- Operations: This step lays out the company's operational organisation, including the recruitment plan
- Financial plan: The financial plan includes a table of sources & uses (initial funding plan), and complete financial statements (P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statements).
- Appendices: This part provides the opportunity to include multiple financial appendices generated by our software (debt maturity profile, monthly financial statements, financial analysis, etc.).
Template only available to paying subscribers of our online software. Get a 7-day trial for free
Car wash business plan template extract
Executive summary, business overview.
Lave-Auto Caen will be a car wash located in the city of Caen on a road that leads directly to the ring road surrounding the Caen agglomeration.
Being located close to major roads gives Caen residents the ability to visit our car wash as and when they please for an efficient car washing service.
With a garage and service station located just a few hundred metres from our car wash, we'll complete the range of car services offered in the area to make it a one-stop-shop for motorists.
Lave-Auto Caen will offer three types of services: self-service cleaning, hand cleaning, and express hand cleaning.
We have chosen to offer these three types of services to cater to a wide range of preferences - whether customers are in a hurry and want a quick clean or would prefer a deep cleaning service.
We will also make sure to use biodegradable and environmentally friendly products, while using recyclable cleaning brushes.
Lave-Auto Caen will be a limited company with a share capital of €10,000. Colin C. will be the manager.
Colin has more than ten years of experience in various cleaning companies in the region.
Colin has joined forces with two private investors, Jean P. and Sarah N., who will not be involved in the day-to-day management of the company. The partners have also contributed €55,000 to the director loan's account.
According to INSEE, there was 32.7 million passenger vehicles in France in 2018, of which 6.1 million were light commercial vehicles.
Vehicle density (corresponding to passenger cars and light commercial vehicles per 1,000 inhabitants) in France is estimated at 600, similar to Germany, Spain, and Great Britain.
The car wash sector
According to the French National Automobile Observatory (ANFA), there is very little data concerning the number of car wash businesses in France.
This can be explained by the diversity of the industry. There are 3 different main types of car wash services:
- Roller or jet washing. This takes up the majority of car wash centres in France. The customer goes to this type of car wash, which is generally located near shops such as cafes and convenience stores, and cleans their car themselves
- Steam or waterless washing. With the nation growing ever more environmentally conscious, this type of service has massively increased in popularity. It's carried out by a professional, and generally includes interior car cleaning or bodywork polishing.
- Fast service washing. This consists of leaving the car in with professional cleaners for an express service.
The difficulty in keeping track of the operation of the car services listed above is as follows:
The companies aren't necessarily referenced under the same activity code.Car garages using car washing as a service peripheral to their main activity are difficult to account for, given the activity code under which they operate.
Supermarkets that offer this type of service are also not referenced.Data on the number of car washes, therefore, remains limited - given the variety in the market.
In terms of revenues, Franchise Magazine's 2018 report on the Blue Elephant franchise, one of the car wash industry's biggest players in France, indicates that car washes belonging to their franchise generate between €150,000 and €200,000 in annual revenues with an initial investment of between €300,000 and €600,000 depending on the number of lanes and the size of the infrastructure in place.
Car washing in France
According to the study carried out by the IFOP institute for the Kleen car wash company, 84% of vehicles in France are washed twice a year and 18% at least once a month, while 34% are washed once every two to three months.
The study informs us that traditional car washes with pressure jets or rollers remain the most popular among the French. However, 22% of them still choose the most economical solution by washing their car at home.
In total, 78% of French people prefer to have their car washed at a station or by a professional rather than do it themselves.
At the regional level, the Ile-de-France area uses car wash stations most often - with 36% of its inhabitants washing their car at least once a month.
When it comes to preference for certain types of service in the southwest, 46% of car owners prefer roller washing whilst 26% of those in rural communities wash their cars at home.
While nearly 50% of people aged 65 opt for roller washing at the service station, 13% of those under 35 prefer getting their cars hand washed at these stations.
The French budget for car washing
The majority of French people pay between €6 and €15 for a car wash (not taking into account the type of car wash), compared to only 5% spending more than €15 for it.
These figures indicate that most drivers go to car washes to wash their cars, since the average price for a pressure jet or roller wash is between €4 and €15.
According to multinational company Total, the most expensive type of car wash is the professional at-home car wash, which costs between €50 and €150.
Car wash centres are favored by the French, but also meet specific criteria in terms of their needs. They are divided as follows:
- Proximity - 43%
- Price - 25%
- Quality - 22%
- Length of wait - 6%
A car wash station must, therefore, be located close to the target clientele - because it's the main criterion of choice for a customer.
It can also be assumed that the price must remain affordable for customers who plan to use this service regularly, with 41% of households declaring they'd be willing to book online or taking advantage of 'happy hour' services if it means benefiting from a discounted rate.
When it comes to reasons as to why the French have given up DIY car washing, 50% blamed the weather, 37% said it was down to the price of washing, and 16% claimed that it's simply too difficult to do from home.
Since the city of Caen has a high concentration of apartments, it's not particularly easy for residents to wash their cars outside - especially those who live in the city centre.
The Caen metropolitan area alone has more than fifteen car wash stations, which illustrates a strong demand for car washing services.
With 66.9 million inhabitants in France and a fleet of 32.7 million cars, the number of cars per inhabitant is approximately 0.48 cars. It can therefore be estimated that the car fleet in Caen is about 51,000 passenger cars.
Our target market has been identified as residents of the area in which we're based - as the main criterion for people looking for a car wash is proximity.
We are located in a residential area, made up mainly of private buildings and townhouses, which lack facilities that allow local residents to wash their cars at home.
At the end of Avenue Clemenceau, and close to our car wash, is the ring road with access to several roads linked to neighbouring areas, as well as a national road.
Whether they're on a one-off trip to Caen or on a daily commute, the location of our car wash is ideal for motorists, as they can stop without making any detours before reaching the ring road or having to exit it.
We have identified 15 competitors in and around Caen.
Our services are similar to those of our competitors, however, proximity is the main factor at play when customers are choosing their ideal car wash. Despite the high level of competition, we believe we can attract a local customer base.
The next closest car wash for our customers is a 20-minute distance by car. Using our car wash instead would therefore save local residents both time and money (in terms of gas use).
We believe that the services we offer (roller wash and hand wash) help us stand out from our competitors - as we let customers choose between two different types of service.
By providing an environmentally friendly car wash service, as well as a cheaper service for those on a budget, we believe we can satisfy our customers.
We believe we can achieve a total turnover of €148,925 in year 1, and then develop the business over the following years, by building customer loyalty and thanks to the impact of the actions planned in the marketing plan, to reach a turnover of €152,647 in year 2 and €158,050 in year 3.
We expect to achieve EBITDA of €12,628 (i.e .8.48% margin) in year 1, then EBITDA of €14,692 (i.e. 9.62% margin) in year 2, and €18,766 (i.e. 11.87% margin) in year 3.
Cash flow is expected to be positive over the duration of the plan, and the company should be sufficiently capitalized to enable us to meet our loan repayments while retaining sufficient leeway to renew our equipment and deal with any unforeseen events.
The opening of our car wash will require an initial investment of €136,000.
The manager and his partners have planned to contribute €65,000, i.e. 44.1% of the total.
To complete the initial financing, we would like to obtain a bank loan of €50,000 and a VAT bridging loan of €21,000.
Template only available to paying subscribers of our online software. Get a 7-day trial for free.
Other business plan templates and resources to discover
Microbrewery business plan template
Get inspired by our microbrewery business plan template.
E-commerce business plan template
Help yourself with this e-commerce business plan template to set up your own.
Florist business plan template
Let this florist business plan template guide you.
Fishmonger business plan template
Look at our fishmonger business plan template.
Guides to open or take over a car wash
Read our guides to open or take over a car wash.
Business plan for a car wash
Follow our advice to create a business plan for a car wash.
How to optimise profitability for a car wash
Want to optimise profitability for your car wash? Check out our article to find out what to do.
How to do a market analysis for a car wash?
Find, in this guide, the main steps to carry out a market analysis for a car wash.
- Food & Beverages
- Marketing Examples
10+ Car Wash Business Plan Examples [ Mobile, Automatic, Self Service ]
Car Wash Business Plan
10+ car wash business plan examples, 1. car wash business plan template, 2. mobile car wash business plan template, 3. car wash business plan, 4. car wash business plan sample, 5. car wash business plan example, 6. sample car wash business plan, 7. car wash business plan in pdf, 8. company car wash business plan, 9. basic car wash business plan, 10. car wash business plan format, 11. printable car wash business plan, what is a car wash business plan, how to get more customers for your car wash business, how to create a car wash business plan, how much can i earn in my car wash business, what are good ideas to renovate my car wash, how can i promote my car wash.
- Google Docs
Locate Your Car Wash on a Busy Road
Stay open for longer hours, establish a customer referral program, be wary of customer reviews, create a business profile, provide descriptions of your operating procedure, explain your marketing strategies, plan your startup budget.
- Add a waiting lounge, with cable TV and WiFi access
- Install vending machines and massage chairs
- Install state-of-the-art car wash equipment and machinery
- Add car repair services
- Transform your car wash into a truck-friendly facility
- Create social media pages dedicated to your car wash
- Build an official website for your car wash
- Implement a customer loyalty program
- Offer additional car-related services
- Build partnerships with established car brands
28+ business flyer examples - word, psd, ai, eps vector formats ..., 11+ operational plan for cleaning services examples - pdf ..., 21+ car service flyer examples, templates & design ideas ..., how to prepare a sources and uses of funds statement examples, 12+ service invoice examples & samples in google docs google ..., free 33+ examples of advertisement design - psd, ai, eps vector ..., free 26+ concept statement examples & samples in pdf ..., 17+ service invoice examples - pdf, doc, xls examples, free 13+ car invoice examples & templates [download now ..., 19+ service invoice examples & templates [download now ..., free 39+ advertising flyer examples in word psd | ai | eps vector, 7+ school fundraising plan examples - pdf examples.
- id; ?>)" rel="noopener" role="button" tabindex="0" aria-label="postclick">FREE 34+ Simple Business Plan Examples in PDF MS Word ...
- id; ?>)" rel="noopener" role="button" tabindex="0" aria-label="postclick">22 + Car Wash Flyer Examples, Templates & Design Ideas Examples
Car Wash Business Plan [Sample Template]
By: Author Tony Martins Ajaero
Home » Business ideas » Automotive Industry » Car Wash
Do you want to start a car wash company and need to write a business plan? If YES, here is a sample car wash business plan template & feasibility report.
Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting a car wash business . We also took it further by analyzing and drafting a sample car wash marketing plan template backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for car wash businesses. So let’s proceed to the business planning section.
Why Start a Car Wash Business?
It is true there will always be the need for people to go out and make ends meet. This may however cause them not to have the luxury of time to attend to washing the cars (interior and exterior). This is why most car wash companies have positioned themselves in areas where they can get clients who have no time at all to see to the maintenance of their automobiles.
Starting a car wash business is one of the ways to hit good money really fast. This is because of the way people use them. However, care has got to be taken so that one sets up something quite unique and different form the conventional car wash centers.
This is because everybody gets attracted to something pretty unique. That is why anyone who is looking to start a car wash business must be ready to invest a lot in it, as well as promote the business to all and sundry with the right strategies. Here below is a sample car wash business plan that can readily help you deal with yours.
A Sample Car Wash Business Plan Template
1. industry overview.
In the united states of America and even all over the world, the car wash industry is regarded as one of the industries that accommodate more of unskilled workers than skilled workers. Simply put, some of the basic services offered by car wash companies revolve around cleaning, washing, and waxing services for automobiles (cars, trucks, vans, and trailers et al).
In the car wash industry, you will also find customized services such as full- and self-service car wash services, as well as truck and bus washes and vehicle detailing services. The industry is open to both small entrepreneurs ( neighborhood car wash ) and big time investors ( Mr. Clean Car Wash owned by Procter & Gamble )
In the United States, the car wash industry is indeed a big industry, so much so that the annual revenue from the industry is in excess of 6 Billion US Dollars annually.
There are about 15,000 registered car wash companies scattered all over the United States of America and the industry is still in the position to accommodate more car wash businesses. The car wash industry is project to grow to about 7.7 Billion US Dollars in annual revenue by the year 2018.
The market for car wash is driven by the purchase of cars and the increase in consumers’ spending – in essence, as the general economy of a country grows, more people will buy cars and more people will patronize the services of car wash on a regular basis especially if their driving habits encourages them to do so.
The trend in the car wash industry is that most car wash companies in the bid to survive the recent global economic meltdown, have included additional services to their core service offerings. Some car wash companies include washing of rugs, selling of car accessories, running a bar, barbing saloon and even restaurant within the same premises if they have enough space.
It is much easier for car wash companies to increase their revenues by diversifying as against increasing the scope of their market. Over and above, car wash businesses all over the world are still enjoying good patronage particularly if they are well positioned and if they know how to reach out to their target market (business, government and household et al).
2. Executive Summary
Spotless Car wash Company is car wash Company that will be located in the heart of Las Vegas less than 20 minute drive from McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas, and few minute drive from Mandalay Bay Event Center. We are strategically positioned in the world’s headquarter for casinos and games; a commercial center and we are set to services the whole of the community as well as visitors and travelers
Spotless Car wash Company will be providing our esteemed customers with three basic services and they are exterior car washing, interior cleaning, and waxing services. Although our intention of starting a car wash business is to offer only the above stated services, but we will not close our doors to diversification (additional services), as long as it does not affect our core services.
In the bid to maximize our position as the number one car wash company in Las Vegas, we will offer our esteem customers the opportunity to buy quality car care products in our reception area.
Our car wash company is located in a full-service car wash facility which has the following features: a seventy foot fully automatic tunnel; 3 high pressure wand self-service bays; and 5 vacuum stations complete with fragrance and carpet shampoo dispensing machines.
Our customers will have the options of choosing from our different packages – we have the plans to serve both big customers and small customers as well which is why we designed various packages. Will offer car wash services that ranges from $7.00 to $15.00 per wash.
At Spotless Car wash Company we are passionate in the pursuit of excellence and financial success with uncompromising services and integrity which is why we have decided to start our own carwash business; we are in the industry to make a positive mark.
We are quite optimistic that our values and quality of service offering will help us drive our car wash business to enviable heights and also help us attract the numbers of clients that will make the business highly profitable. We are a company that will be dedicated to establishing and maintaining the best car wash business in the Las Vegas.
We are quite aware that in order to become the number one choice in our city, we must continue to deliver quality services and that is exactly what we will do. We are open to the use of latest technology in the industry. No doubt our excellent customer service and the range of services we offer will position us to always welcome repeated customers.
Spotless Car wash Company is owned by Roy McQueen and Family. Roy McQueen is a notable figure in the automobile industry in Las Vegas. Aside from this new car wash business (Spotless Car wash Company), the family owns an automobile dealership business and also auto repair workshop all in Las Vegas.
3. Our Products and Services
Spotless Car wash Company is a complete car wash company that offers a wide range of services that revolves around car wash and other complementary services. We intend giving our customers every reason to always come back, which is why we have customized our services.
Our customers will definitely maximize their time when they visit our car wash. These are the services and amenities that will be made available to our guests;
- Exterior car washing
- Interior cleaning
- Waxing services
- Vehicle detailing
- Sale of automobile accessories
- Self – Service
- Home service
- Washing of rugs
- Snooker board
- Cigar Lounge
- Barbing saloon
4. Our Mission and Vision Statement
- Our Vision is to become the number carwash company in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Our mission is to develop a highly successful, profitable all round car wash business which provides quality services in our community and to become a standard for an ideal carwash business.
Our Business Structure
Car wash business generally is seen to be a small scale business venture, but that does not stop Spotless Carwash Company to put standard structures in place that will help us achieve all our business goals and objectives.
As a matter of fact, we have set out to build a car wash business that will be a standard for the car wash industry. We want to build a business of dedicated workforce who will go all the war to ensure that our customers are satisfied and they get value for their money.
In order to achieve this, we aware that it takes a business with the right employees and structure to achieve all what we have set to achieve, which is why will be putting structures and processes in place that will help us deliver excellent services and run the business on autopilot. The success of our car wash business will be anchored on the team not on any individual.
With the wide range of our service offerings, we are only expected to employ more than it is required to run a conventional car wash business. Definitely, we will have various employees to man the various services of Spotless Car wash Company. Spotless Car wash Company will employ professionals and skilled people to occupy the following position;
- Manager (Owner)
- Accountant / Cashier
- Marketing Officer
- Car Washer men / women (5)
- Bar Manager
5. Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Creates, communicates, and implements the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for recruitment
- Responsible for payment of salaries
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Responsible for managing the daily activities in the hotel
- Ensures that the facility is in tip top shape and conducive enough to welcome customers
- Interfaces with vendors
- Prepares budget and reports for the organization
- Responsible for Training and Development in the organization
- Handles procurement
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out staff induction for new team members
Marketing Officer (2)
- Develops, executes and evaluates new plans for expanding increase sales
- Documents all customer contact and information.
- Represents the company in strategic meetings
- Helps increase sales and growth for the company
- Manages the company’s CRM system
- Identifies, prioritizes, and reaches out to new partners, and business opportunities et al
- Interacts with customers, takes orders for drinks, food and snacks.
- Plans and presents bar menu.
- Checks identification of the guest to make sure they meet age requirements for purchase of alcohol and tobacco products.
- Mixes ingredients to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Mixes drinks, cocktails and other bar beverages as ordered and in compliance with hotel standard drink recipes.
- Prepares alcohol or non-alcohol beverages.
- Services Wine and Beer to guests.
- Arranges bottles and glasses to make attractive displays .
- Assesses customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Makes lists of supplies in conjunction with the management
- Prepares inventory or purchase requisitions as needed to replenish supplies.
- Ensures that the assigned bar area is fully equipped with tools and products needed for Mixing beverages and serving guests.
Accountant / Cashier:
- Collects payment for drinks served and balance all receipts.
- Prepares financial report at the end of every working week
- Handles all financial transaction on behalf of the company
- Interfaces with our bankers
- Responsible for payment of tax, levies and utility bills
- Handles any other duty as assigned by the manager
- Manages the barbing saloon
Car Washer men / women / Cleaners (6):
- Washes and thoroughly clean cars (exterior car washing, interior cleaning, and waxing services), trucks and bikes et al
- Handles and moves objects, such as glasses, dish and bottles, using hands and arms.
- Cleans up after customers and clean work area.
- Clears ashtrays as and when required.
- Washes glassware and utensils after each use.
- Maintains a clean working area by sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of glass doors and windows, etc. if required.
- Ensures that toiletries and supplies don’t run out of stock
- Handles any other duty as assigned by the restaurant manager
6. SWOT Analysis
Car wash business is one of the businesses that can easily generate sales with little stress, as long as they are well positioned. We are building a standard car wash business with variety of services which is why we have decided to subject our business idea (company) to SWOT Analysis.
Ordinarily we can successfully run a normal car wash business without the stress of going through the required protocol of setting up a new business including writing a detailed business plan, but because of the nature of carwash business we want to establish, we don’t have any option other than to follow due process.
We hired the services of Mr. Coleman Carrington, an HR and Business consultant to help us conduct SWOT analysis for our company and he did a pretty job for us. Here is a of the result we got from the SWOT analysis that was conducted on behalf of Spotless Car wash Company Las Vegas, Nevada;
Spotless Car wash is centrally located in a densely populated area in Las Vegas; our location is in fact one of our major strength.
We are also a car wash company that offers variety of services. For instance, if a client visits our cash wash to wash his car, he has the options of barbing his hair within our facility, he also has the option of patronizing our bar and our mini mart where he can buy car accessories et al.
Spotless Car wash is a new business which is owned by an individual (family), and we may not have the financial muscle to sustain the kind of publicity we want to give our business.
We are centrally located in one of the busiest area in Las Vegas and we are open to all the available opportunities that the city has to offer. Our business concept also positioned us to be a one stop shop in the car wash industry.
The truth is that there are no car wash facilities within the area where our car wash is going to be located; the closest car wash facility to our proposed location is about 6 miles away. In a nutshell, we do not have any direct competition within our target market area.
Some of the threats that are likely going to confront Spotless Car wash Company is unfavorable government policies , seasonal fluctuations, demographic / social factors, downturn in the economy which is likely going to affect consumers spending and of course emergence of new competitors within the same location where our car wash is located.
7. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
The car wash market is a market that is solely dependent on loads of factors; at least for people to patronize car wash, they must first of all own a car. From the recent statistics or car purchase in our target market, it is obvious that there is steady increase which indeed is a positive for the carwash market.
Car wash business responds to the increase in household spending and also increase in the volume of cars in a particular area or city.
The trend of the market can be predicted without stress. Another obvious trend in the car wash industry is that most car wash companies in the bid to survive the recent global economic meltdown included additional services to their core service offerings.
Some car wash companies includes washing of rugs, selling of car accessories, running a bar, barbing saloon and even restaurant within the same premises if they have enough space. It is much easier for car wash companies to increase their revenues by diversifying as against increasing the scope of their market.
8. Our Target Market
Before choosing a location for our carwash business , we conducted our feasibility studies and market survey and we were able to identify those who will benefit greatly from our service offerings. Basically those who will benefit from our service offering are car owners and they cut across various different sectors of the economy.
Our target customers can be classified into three major groups (household, business owner / corporate clients and government). We are set to market our services in our neighborhood, talk to haulage companies, car dealership shops, taxi and car rental companies’ et al. These are the category of people that we intend marketing our hotel to;
- Corporate Executives
- Business People
- Car Dealership Shops
- Taxi and car rental company
- Transport Companies
- Haulage Companies
Our Competitive Advantage
Car wash business is an easy to set up business that does not require formal training to achieve; anybody can set a car wash business if they have the required startup capital.
It means that the possibility of car wash businesses springing up in the location where our car wash company is located in high. We aware of this which is why we decided to come up with a business concept that will position us to become the leader in Las Vegas.
Our competitive edge is that we are a standard car wash business that has loads of complimentary business offerings that can easily assist us in attracting car owners (customers) within the radius of our car wash business. We can confidently say that the location of our carwash will definitely count as a positive for us amongst any competitor that might start a car wash business in same location where ours is located.
For the time being, Spotless Car wash Company has no real competitors that can match and compete with the quality of services we offer and our business offerings et al. Our customer service will be customized to meet the needs of all our customers.
9. SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Sources of Income
Spotless Car wash Company will generate income from the following service offerings;
10. Sales Forecast
It is important to state that our sales forecast is based on the data gathered during our feasibility studies and also some of the assumptions readily available on the field. We expect to wash 70,000 cars in the full-service operation and 30,000 cars in the self-service operation during our first year of operation.
We will definitely attract clients that will patronize our bar, cigar lounge, mini mart, was their rugs et al meaning that we will generate additional income from these sources. Below is the sales projection for Spotless Carwash, it is based on the location of our car wash and the services and products that we will be offering;
- First Year-: $75,000
- Second Year-: $105,000
- Third Year-: $160,000
N.B: This projection is done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any carwash company offering same additional services within 4.5 miles radius from our carwash.
- Marketing Strategy and Sales Strategy
The marketing strategy for Spotless Car wash Company is going to be driven basically by excellent customers service and quality service delivery. This is why we invested time to create our killer car wash marketing plan. We will ensure that we build a loyal customer base.
We want to drive sales via the output of our jobs and via referral from our satisfied customers. We are quite aware of how satisfied customers drive business growth especially businesses like car wash et al.
We are a carwash business that is strategically located and we are going to maximize the opportunities that are available, which is why we spend more to locate the business in a location that will be visible and accessible to car owners in our area of business.
We will adopt the following means to attract the kind of people that we want in our hotel per – time. Our unique selling proposition is that we have various complementary service offerings such as barbing saloon, bar, cigar lounge and sale of car accessories which will endear our customers to us.
In view of that, we are going to adopt the following strategies to ensure that we do not only attract customers but generate repeated sales and loyalty from them. Part of the marketing and sales strategies that we will adopt is;
- Open our car wash business with a party.
- Advertise our carwash business on national dailies, local TV stations and local radio station
- Promote our business online via our official website and all available social media platforms
- Continuously Improve the performance of our brands
- Hire the services of experts to make our brands the first choice for car owners in Las Vegas
- Deliver consistent customer experiences to all our guest; making our first impression count positively
- Make use of attractive hand bills to create awareness and also to give direction to our bar
- Adopt direct mailing coupon marketing approach
- Position our signage / flexi banners at strategic places
- Create a loyalty plan that will enable us reward our regular customers
- Engage on roadshows within our neighborhood to create awareness for our carwash business.
11. Publicity and Advertising Strategy
Spotless Car wash Company is set to create a standard for car wash business in Las Vegas and through the United States which is why we will go all the way to adopt best practices to promote our business. Good enough there is not hard and fast rule on how to advertise or promote a car wash business. .
The challenge is that most car wash companies do not have the required money to pump into publicity and advertising. The cash they have will be reserved to take care of overhead and operational cost .
We will ensure that we leverage on all conventional and non – conventional publicity and advertising technique to promote our car was business. Here are the platforms we intend leveraging on to promote and advertise Sean and Sharon Hotel, Las Vegas;
- Encourage our loyal customers to help us use Word of Mouth mode of advertisement (referrals)
- Advertise our car wash business in automobile magazines, local newspaper, local TV stations and local radio station
- Promote our business online via our official website
- List our business on local directories (yellow pages)
- Sponsor relevant community programs
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Facebook , twitter, et al to promote our brand
- Install our BillBoards on strategic locations
- Direct coupon mailing approach
- Engage in roadshow from time to time
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas
12. Our Pricing Strategy
Our pricing system is going to be based on what is obtainable in the industry, we don’t intend to charge more (except for premium and customized services) and we don’t intend to charge less than our competitors are offering in Las Vegas.
Be that as it may, we have put plans in place to offer discount services once in a while and also to reward our loyal customers especially when they refer clients to us. The prices of our products will be same as what is obtainable in the open market. On the average, our car wash services will cost between $7.00 per wash to $12.00 per wash.
- Payment Options
Our payment policy is all inclusive because we are quite aware that different people prefer different payment options as it suits them. Here are the payment options that will be available in every of our pub;
- Payment by cash
- Payment via Point of Sale (POS) Machine
- Payment via online bank transfer (online payment portal)
- Payment via Mobile money
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will help us achieve our payment plans without any difficulty.
13. Startup Expenditure (Budget)
This is the key areas where we will spend our start – up capital on;
- The Total Fee for Registering the Business in Las Vegas, Nevada: $750.
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits: $1,500.
- Marketing promotion expenses (2,000 flyers at $0.04 per copy) for the total amount of $3,580 .
- Cost for hiring Consultant – $2,000.
- Insurance (general liability, workers’ compensation and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – $30,800 .
- Cost of accounting software, CRM software and Payroll Software – $3,000
- Cost for leasing facility for the car wash: $70,000.
- Cost for facility remodeling – $50,000.
- Other start-up expenses including stationery – $1000)
- Phone and utility deposits ( $3,500 ).
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $40,000
- The cost for Start-up inventory – $15,000
- Storage hardware (bins, utensil rack, shelves, glasses case) – $2,720
- The cost for counter area equipment (counter top, sink, ice machine, etc.) – $7,500
- Cost for serving area equipment ( glasses, flatware) – $5,000
- Cost for store equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signage) – $13,750
- Office equipment (vacuum cleaner et al)- $3,600
- The cost for the purchase of furniture and gadgets (Computers, Printers, Telephone, TVs, Sound System, snooker board, clippers, tables and chairs et al): $4,000.
- The cost of Launching a Website: $600
- The cost for our grand opening party: $1,500
- Miscellaneous: $2,000
We would need an estimate of $1.2 million to successfully launch our all-round car wash business in Las Vegas Nevada. Please note that the startup cost is higher than the average startup cost for a carwash business simply because we intend starting a small bar, barbing saloon and mini mart.
Generating Funding / Startup Capital for Our Car Wash
Spotless Car wash Company is a family business and it will be financed by the owner who is also the car wash manager. These are the areas where we intend sourcing for fund for Spotless Carwash Company;
- Generate part of the start – up capital from personal savings and sale of his stocks
- Generate part of the start – up capital from family members and friends ( soft loans)
- Generate a larger chunk of the startup capital from the bank.
14. Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
Part of the plans we have in place to sustain Spotless Car wash Company is to ensure that we continue to deliver quality services, improvise on how to do things faster and cheaper. We are not going to relent in providing conducive environment for our workers and also the required trainings that will help them deliver excellent services at all times.
From our findings, another factor that kills new businesses is financial leakages. In order to plug financial leakages, the management of Spotless Car wash Company adopts the use of payment machine and accounting software to run the business.
We are quite aware that our customers are a key component to the growth and survival of our business, hence we are going to continuously engage them to give us ideas on how to serve them better. We will not waste time in diversifying our services; expand our product and service offerings once the need arises.
Check List / Milestone
- Business Name Availability Check:>Completed
- Business Registration: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts: Completed
- Securing Point of Sales (POS) Machines: Completed
- Opening Mobile Money Accounts: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Acquiring facility and remodeling the facility: In Progress
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating capital from family members: Completed
- Applications for Loan from the bank: In Progress
- writing of business plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents and other relevant Legal Documents: In Progress
- Design of The Company’s Logo: Completed
- Graphic Designs and Printing of Packaging Marketing / Promotional Materials: In Progress
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Purchase of the Needed car wash equipment , electronic appliances, office appliances and bar accessories: In progress
- Creating Official Website for the Company: Completed
- Creating Awareness for the business both online and in the neighborhood: In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement (License): Secured
- Opening party / launching party planning: In Progress
- Establishing business relationship with vendors – suppliers of all our needed car wash accessories, drinks, and tobacco et al: In Progress
- Recent Posts
- 15 Best Practices for Developing a Community Homeless Shelter - November 1, 2023
- 10 Best Food and Meals for Homeless Shelter - November 1, 2023
- 7 Best Bunk Beds for Homeless Shelter - November 1, 2023