- Class 12 Commerce
- Class 12 Commerce Projects
- Class 12 Economics Projects
Class 12 Economics Project
Class 12 economics project plays an essential role in students’ life. However, a few students would be nervous about how and what to prepare for the project. This uncertainty of how to complete the project leads to the imitation of projects from peers.
It is a general issue where students weigh a project as a burden and do not pay attention to how to prepare it. If you are encountering a similar obstacle, the best thing to begin with is to analyse a sample project. Here, we have given three sample economics projects for Class 12, which can be downloaded as PDFs.
These sample projects will certainly assist all those students who really want to have a summary of what an economics project looks like. They will completely answer all your questions about the different things we should contemplate while preparing an economics project. The whole project is of 20 marks. To be well aware of the entire economics syllabus for Class 12, click here .
Economics Project for Class 12 Download Free PDFs:
Economics project guidelines.
While selecting your concept of the project, a few basic factors are to be kept in mind:
- Be well aware of your topic.
- Your project must be different by at least 40% . Cut short the long story.
- Do not exaggerate. It is important to include everything associated with your topic. A topic on demand might lead you to behavioural economics; however, that is not important. Focus on the specific features and do not make it too long.
- Take guidelines from your professor.
Here are some of the best economics project ideas for Class 12 students:
- Imperfect competition and Market failure
- Non-performing asset and Central Bank’s procedures to recover it
- Theories of the long-run supply curve (Not recommended if you are not thoroughly versed in basics of macroeconomics)
- RBI’s policies to curb inflation and appreciate currency value
- Central Bank’s functions with special reference to RBI
- Causes and potential solutions for adverse balance of payments
- The shift of India’s growth parameters from agricultural to manufacturing and service sectors over a period of 50 years
- Derivation of the demand curve from Hicksian and Slutsky income and substitution effects
- Theories of utility (Ordinal and Cardinal approach)
- Banking sector reforms
- The growth of India’s automobile sector in the last 20 years with special reference to FDI
- Import substitution vs Export promotion
- Tax reforms and basic principles of taxation/double taxation on savings
- Impact of macroeconomic variables on values of currencies
- Opportunity cost
- Price determination
- Production: Returns to a factor
- Demand and its determinants
- Monopolistic competition
Explore more about projects for Class 12. Stay tuned for questions papers, sample papers, syllabus, and relevant notifications on our website.
Leave a Comment Cancel reply
Your Mobile number and Email id will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Request OTP on Voice Call
Post My Comment
Thank You Byju’s
Good initiative for quality materials
Thanks to the initiative for quality materials
Thank u🙏 this is great 👍
- Share Share
Register with BYJU'S & Download Free PDFs
Register with byju's & watch live videos.
- School & Boards College Admission Govt Jobs Alert & Prep Exams Current Affairs General Knowledge Careers Videos Education News Quiz & Mock Tests Ebooks Results हिन्दी Jagran TV Jagran Play View All Categories
- SRM University
- CFA Institute
- Current Affairs
- Career Counselling
- Web Stories
CBSE Class 12 Economics Project Work: Academic Session 2021-22
Check details of project work in CBSE Class 12 Economics for CBSE Academic Session 2021-22.
Check details of project work in CBSE Class 12 Economics for CBSE Academic Session 2021-22. It contains guidelines, marks distribution, topics & other details of CBSE Class 12 Economics Project work.
Also Check: CBSE Syllabus 2021-22 for Class 12: All Subjects
CBSE Class 12 Economics Project Work: 2021-22
Project Work in CBSE Class 12 Economics (Class XII): Detailed Guidelines
The objectives of the project work are to enable learners to:
⇒ probe deeper into theoretical concepts learnt in class XII
⇒ analyse and evaluate real world economic scenarios using theoretical constructs and arguments
⇒ demonstrate the learning of economic theory
⇒ follow up aspects of economics in which learners have interest
⇒ develop the communication skills to argue logically
The expectations of the project work are that:
⇒ learners will complete only ONE project in each academic session
⇒ project should be of 3,500-4,000 words (excluding diagrams & graphs), preferably hand-written
⇒ it will be an independent, self-directed piece of study
Role of the teacher:
The teacher plays a critical role in developing the thinking skills of the learners. A teacher should:
⇒ help each learner select the topic based on recently published extracts from the news media, government policies, RBI bulletin, NITI Aayog reports, IMF/World Bank reports etc., after detailed discussions and deliberations of the topic
⇒ play the role of a facilitator and supervisor to monitor the project work of the learner through periodic discussions
⇒ guide the research work in terms of sources for the relevant data
⇒ eucate learner about plagiarism and the importance of quoting the source of the information to ensure authenticity of research work
⇒ prepare the learner for the presentation of the project work
⇒ arrange a presentation of the project file
Scope of the project:
Learners may work upon the following lines as a suggested flow chart:
Choose a title/topic
Collection of the research material/data
Organization of material/data
Analysing the material/data for conclusion
Draw the relevant conclusion
Presentation of the Project Work
⇒ Introduction of topic/title
⇒ Identifying the causes, consequences and/or remedies
⇒ Various stakeholders and effect on each of them
⇒ Advantages and disadvantages of situations or issues identified
⇒ Short-term and long-term implications of economic strategies suggested in the course of research
⇒ Validity, reliability, appropriateness and relevance of data used for research work and for presentation in the project file
⇒ Presentation and writing that is succinct and coherent in project file
⇒ Citation of the materials referred to, in the file in footnotes, resources section, bibliography etc.
Mode of presentation/submission of the Project:
At the end of the stipulated term, each learner will present the research work in the Project File to the External and Internal examiner. The questions should be asked from the Research Work/ Project File of the learner. The Internal Examiner should ensure that the study submitted by the learner is his/her own original work. In case of any doubt, authenticity should be checked and verified.
Marking Scheme :
Marks are suggested to be given as –
Suggestive List of CBSE Class 12 Economics Projects:
- CBSE Syllabus
- Education News
- CBSE Class 12 Syllabus
- CBSE Class 12
- CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2023-24 PDF
- Term 2—CBSE Board: What Are CBSE Subject Codes For Class 12th Along With Subject Names?
- NCERT Rationalised Content for Class 9: Check Deleted Chapters & Topics , Download Revised Books
- SSC MTS Tier 1 Exam Analysis 2023
- Aditya L1 Solar Mission
- Bihar Teacher Answer Key 2023
- SSC MTS Tier 1 Result 2023
- Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2023
Latest Education News
- शिक्षक दिवस कविताएँ, श्लोक और दोहे 4 hrs ago
- You have eagle eyes if you can spot the hidden snake in the tree in 9 seconds! 4 hrs ago
- SSC MTS Result 2023 OUT: Direct Link To Download Merit List PDF, Check Cutoff 5 hrs ago
- This Optical Illusion Will Test Your Eyesight: Can You Spot the Golf Ball Among the Easter Eggs? 5 hrs ago
- ssc.nic.in MTS Result 2023 Released: एसएससी एमटीएस टियर 1 रिजल्ट हुआ घोषित, इस ऑफिशियल लिंक से चेक करें मेरिट लिस्ट 6 hrs ago
- SSC MTS Result 2023 Out: इंतजार खत्म! एसएससी एमटीएस का रिजल्ट ssc.nic.in पर जारी, 3015 उम्मीदवार हुए शॉर्टलिस्ट 6 hrs ago
- SSC MTS Admit Card 2023 Out: All Region Tier 1 Hall Ticket Download Link 6 hrs ago
- SSC MTS Result 2023 Released: 3015 Candidates Shortlisted, Download PDF Cutoff Marks Here 6 hrs ago
- CTET Answer Key 2023 Link: Download Paper 1 and 2 Sheet PDF at ctet.nic.in 6 hrs ago
- SSC Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2023 Notification for 7547 Vacancies, Application Form at ssc.nic.in 6 hrs ago
- Puzzle IQ Test: Can You Spot Who is Pretending To Be Sick in 11 Seconds? 6 hrs ago
- UGC NET December 2023 Registration To Begin Soon at ugcnet.nta.nic.in: Download NTA NET Application Form, Apply Online 6 hrs ago
- Optical Illusion for IQ Test: Only 1% can spot the Cat hidden among Pigeons in picture within 7 secs! 6 hrs ago
- SSC MTS Question Paper 2023: GA, GK, GS, Current Affairs, English Memory Based Questions With Answers 7 hrs ago
- BPSC Teacher Document Verification 2023 Dates Out: Check Secondary And Senior Secondary Vacancy DV Schedule on bpsc.bih.nic.in 3 hrs ago
- SSC MTS Exam Analysis 2023: Paper Review, Difficulty Level, Questions Asked 32 mins ago
- BPSC Teacher Question Paper 2023: Bihar TGT PGT PRT SET A B C D E F G H Papers PDF 28 mins ago
- One Nation, One Election: Key Points for Students 1 hour ago
- SSC MTS English Questions Asked: Most Expected Questions with Answers 2 hrs ago
- Top 10 Weekly Current Affairs in Hindi: 27 अगस्त से 02 सितंबर 2023- एशिया कप 2023 9 hrs ago
- NIOS Board 10th Result 2023 - Declared Jun 26, 2023
- NIOS Board 12th Result 2023 - Declared Jun 26, 2023
- Click here to Check JKBOSE 10th Result 2023 - Declared Jun 19, 2023
- Manipur Board HSLC Result 2023 - Declared Jun 15, 2023
For more results, click here
20,000+ students realised their study abroad dream with us. Take the first step today
Here’s your new year gift, one app for all your, study abroad needs, start your journey, track your progress, grow with the community and so much more.
An OTP has been sent to your registered mobile no. Please verify
Thanks for your comment !
Our team will review it before it's shown to our readers.
- Education /
Economics Project for Class 12
- Updated on
- Jun 20, 2023
Economics is a branch of Social Sciences that has a great influence on society. One of the fast-changing fields, Economics demands a deeper study of current economic trends that influence the financial stability of a country. In senior secondary education, basic concepts are covered and an overview of advanced concepts gives you a fine grounding in the subject and prepares you for higher education in the field. Project work comprises an important part of the class 12 Economics syllabus. Besides studying the theoretical aspect of the subject, it is imperative to understand the practical aspect of it by studying case studies and examining current economic trends in various countries. If you are looking for an idea for an Economics project for class 12 , read on to know all about it.
This Blog Includes:
Best topics for economics project for class 12, more topics for economics project for cbse 2020-21, banking sector reforms, tax reforms, digital india movement, import substitution vs export promotion, impact of macroeconomic variables on values of currencies, price determination, opportunity cost, demand and its determinants, production – returns to a factor, sample economics project for class 12.
The core objective of the project work is to equip you with the skills to observe and understand economics. At the senior secondary stage, you will understand the abstract ideas, exercise the power of critical thinking and develop a perception that is unique to you. At this stage, you will be exposed to the rigour of the subject in a systematic way. The economics project for class 12th is aimed at helping you probe deeper into the application part of the subject. Besides this, it is to lay emphasis on the role of Economics in nation-building and tackling the issues faced in the field.
Economics is a vast subject and needs an in-depth study of each concept. One of the most dynamic subjects, Economics Studies GDP, Taxation, Import and Export, Budget, etc. When it comes to making an Economics project for class 12th, there are a number of options but choosing a topic can be an exhausting task. Take a look at the table below to know the best topics for Economics Project for Class 12 CBSE 2020-21:
- Digital India Movement in India
- Monopolistic Competition
- Supply and its Determinants
- Demonetization in India
- Price Discrimination
- Budget Deficit
- Cost Function and Cost Curve
- Credit Creation
- Balance of Payment
- Production Possibility Curve
- The Central Bank and its Functions
Before you check more Economics project topics for class 12, find out the difference between Macro and Micro Economics !
Along with the aforementioned ones, here are some more topics for Economics Project for Class 12:
- Principles of Management
- Foreign Exchange Market
- Exchange Rate System
- Development of the Indian Economy
- Money Multiplier
- Government Budgets and its Components
- Basic Principles of
- Evolution of the Barter System
- Cashless Economy
Description of Economics Project for Class 12
We have explained some of the above-mentioned topics in detail here:
Under the banking sector reforms, you need to talk in detail about the reforms that the banking sector underwent and the impact of it on the economy as a whole. Starting with how the economic policy of liberalisation changed the financial scenario of India, you need to bring in a detailed study of every reform and the thinking behind these reforms. Also, before getting into the reforms, a brief overview of what triggered these reforms should be given. The key points that you can talk about are the following:
- Reduction of Statutory Liquidity Rate (SLR)and Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR)
- Deregulation of interest rates
- Allowing foreign banks to open branches in India with regard to the liberalisation policy
- How the reforms changed the position of RBI from being a regulator to a facilitator
In a project on Tax reforms, you need to talk about three important things. Firstly, what are tax reforms? Secondly, why there was a need for tax reforms in India. Thirdly, what were these reforms that were brought in fourthly, what was the impact of these reforms on the economy and if this impact was what the government was planning to achieve through the reforms. The key topics of the project are the following:
- India’s fiscal policy
- Types of taxes (Indirect and direct taxes)
- Change in tax rates
- Simplification of the fiscal system
- Tax evasion
Under the topic digital India movement you need to chart the whole teleology of the digital India Movement. Basically, you need to give an overview of how this movement started, yeh thought process behind it, the impact of this movement and also what is your take on this entire movement. Some key topics that you can include are the following:
- Awareness of the Digital India project
- Adoption of the digital India policy by people coming from rural areas
- Effectiveness of digitalisation
- Digital India and foreign trade
- The overall impact of the Digital India Movement
Important substitution and export promotion are the two key trade policy reforms and both of them are quite different from one another. So, in the project, you need to discuss the trade policy reforms in detail, then go on to talk about what is import substitution and export promotion and how both of them are different from one another. To conclude you need to bring it all together and throw light on what did the government hope to achieve by bringing in these two policies. So key topics that you can include in the project are the following:
- Phases of Export Promotion
- Export promotion council of India
- Objectives behind the export promotion
- Export promotion policies
- History of import substitution
- Objectives behind import substitution
- Measures for important substitution
For this project, you need to talk in detail about how different economic variables impact the values of currencies or the exchange rate. Some key economic variables that you need to discuss in relation to the value of currency are as follows:
- Inflation rate
- Balance of payment
- Import and export value
- Monetary policy
In this project, you need to discuss how the prices are determined in different forms of the market. It will involve a detailed understanding of different forms of market, their structures, graphs and other data related to price determination. The key topics that you can include in the project are the following:
- Types of market
- Perfect competition and price determination
- Monopoly market and price determination
- Monopolist market and price determination
- Oligopoly and price determination
A project on opportunity cost must cover the following topics.
- What is the opportunity cost
- Opportunity cost graph
- Examples of opportunity cost
- How to calculate opportunity cost
- Applications of opportunity cost (Determining factor prices, Determining economic rent, Consumption pattern decisions, Determining factor prices, Product plan decisions, Decisions about national priorities)
- Types of opportunity cost (Explicit cost, implicit cost and marginal opportunity cost?
A project on demand and its determinants must cover the following keys topics:
- What is demand
- Demand curve and schedule
- Law of demand
- Exceptions of the law of demand
- An Introduction to Determinants of Demand
- Different determinants of demand ( price of the product, income of the consumer, taste and preference of the consumer, price of related goods, etc.) and how they impact the demand of a commodity.
Returns to factor is an important law of production, making it one of the important components of economic study. A project on returns to factor must cover the following topics:
- What are the factors of production
- Variable factors
- Fixed factors
- Diminishing returns to scale
- Total/Average/Marginal productivity
The project must cover all the topics related to the monopoly market. In short, a protection on monopoly market must cover all the below-mentioned topics:
- What is a monopoly market and its features
- Reasons for an emergency of monopoly
- Types of monopoly
- Can a monopoly market be harmful to the economy
- Market structures related to a monopoly market
To help you create a high-score economics project, here is a useful sample you can refer to for Economics Project for Class 12:
Ans. Apart from the Economics project class 12 topics mentioned above, here are some additional topics that can help you with the making of an excellent project: The contemporary employment situation in India Aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic Micro and small-scale business Food supply channel in India Disinvestment Policy Health expenditure (You can pick a district or a small state for this analysis) Good and Service tax Inclusive growth strategy Human development index
Ans. Different schools and examination boards follow separate guidelines for Economics project class 12. The best option is to take advice from your teachers on the same. Make sure your project is 100% authentic. To get some additional points, try to target an ongoing Economic issue.
Ans. To make a class 12 project, you need to follow the guidelines issued by the official board of examination. Get your project topic approved by your teacher before you start working on it. And try to keep the project original, avoid copying other people’s ideas!
Class 12 Economics – CBSE Course Structures
Structure and syllabus of class 12 macroeconomics.
Economics is a fascinating subject that has bright career prospects. With two Nobel Laureates in Economics Amartya Sen and Abhijeet Banerjee belonging to India, the subject has seen many takers. The economics project for class 12th will give you a practical understanding of the subject and prepare you for higher education in the field. While you prepare for your 12th-class exams, you can plan your future education with Leverage Edu . Our experts will prepare a career map for your educational plans and help you get admission to your desired university.
Team Leverage Edu
8 Universities with higher ROI than IITs and IIMs
Grab this one-time opportunity to download this ebook
How would you describe this article ?
Please rate this article
We would like to hear more.
Connect With Us
20,000+ students realised their study abroad dream with us. take the first step today..
Resend OTP in
Need help with?
UK, Canada, US & More
IELTS, GRE, GMAT & More
Scholarship, Loans & Forex
Which English test are you planning to take?
Which academic test are you planning to take.
Not Sure yet
When are you planning to take the exam?
Already booked my exam slot
Within 2 Months
Want to learn about the test
Which Degree do you wish to pursue?
When do you want to start studying abroad.