- Number charts
- Skip Counting
- Place Value
- Number Lines
- Word Problems
- Comparing Numbers
- Ordering Numbers
- Odd and Even
- Prime and Composite
- Roman Numerals
- Ordinal Numbers
- In and Out Boxes
- Number System Conversions
- More Number Sense Worksheets
- Size Comparison
- Measuring Length
- Metric Unit Conversion
- Customary Unit Conversion
- More Measurement Worksheets
- Writing Checks
- Profit and Loss
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest
- Tally Marks
- Mean, Median, Mode, Range
- Mean Absolute Deviation
- Stem-and-leaf Plot
- Box-and-whisker Plot
- Permutation and Combination
- Venn Diagram
- More Statistics Worksheets
- Shapes - 2D
- Shapes - 3D
- Lines, Rays and Line Segments
- Points, Lines and Planes
- Ordered Pairs
- Midpoint Formula
- Distance Formula
- Parallel, Perpendicular and Intersecting Lines
- Scale Factor
- Surface Area
- Pythagorean Theorem
- More Geometry Worksheets
- Converting between Fractions and Decimals
- Significant Figures
- Convert between Fractions, Decimals, and Percents
- Direct and Inverse Variation
- Order of Operations
- Squaring Numbers
- Square Roots
- Scientific Notations
- Speed, Distance, and Time
- Absolute Value
- More Pre-Algebra Worksheets
- Translating Algebraic Phrases
- Evaluating Algebraic Expressions
- Simplifying Algebraic Expressions
- Algebraic Identities
- Quadratic Equations
- Systems of Equations
- Sequence and Series
- Complex Numbers
- More Algebra Worksheets
- Math Workbooks
- English Language Arts
- Summer Review Packets
- Social Studies
- Holidays and Events
- Worksheets >
- Statistics >
Navigate through this assortment of printable probability worksheets that includes exercises on basic probability based on more likely, less likely, equally likely, certain and impossible events, pdf worksheets based on identifying suitable events, simple spinner problems, for students in grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6. With the required introduction, the beginners get to further their knowledge with skills like probability on single coin, two coins, days in a week, months in a year, fair die, pair of dice, deck of cards, numbers and more. Mutually exclusive and inclusive events, probability on odds and other challenging probability worksheets are useful for grade 7, grade 8, and high school. Grab some of these probability worksheets for free!
Probability on Coins
Simple probability worksheets based on tossing single coin or two coins. Identify the proper sample space before finding probability.
Probability in a single coin toss
Probability in pair of coin - 1
Probability in pair of coin - 2
Probability on Days and Months
Fun filled worksheet pdfs based on days in a week and months in a year. Sample space is easy to find but care is required in identifying like events.
Days of a week
Months of a year - 1
Months of a year - 2
Probability on Fair Die
Fair die is numbered from 1 to 6. Understand the multiples, divisors and factors and apply it on these probability worksheets.
Multiples and divisors
Mutually exclusive and inclusive
Probability on Pair of Dice
Sample space is little large which contains 36 elements. Write all of them in papers before start answering on probability questions for grade 7 and grade 8.
Based on numbers
Based on sum and difference
Based on multiples and divisors
Based on factors
Probability on Numbers
Students should learn the concepts of multiples, divisors and factors before start practicing these printable worksheets.
Probability on numbers - 1
Probability on numbers - 2
Probability on numbers - 3
Probability on numbers - 4
Probability on numbers - 5
Probability on Deck of Cards
Deck of cards contain 52 cards, 26 are black, 26 are red, four different flowers, each flower contain 13 cards such as A, 1, 2, ..., 10, J, Q, K.
Deck of cards worksheet - 1
Deck of cards worksheet - 2
Deck of cards worksheet - 3
Probability on Spinners
Interactive worksheets for 4th grade and 5th grade kids to understand the probability using spinners. Colorful spinners are included for more fun.
Spinner worksheets on numbers
Spinner worksheets on colors
Probability on Odds
Probability on odds worksheets can be broadly classifieds as favorable to the events or against the events.
Odds worksheet - 1
Odds worksheet - 2
Odds worksheet - 3
Probability on Independent and Dependent
Here comes our challenging probability worksheets set for 8th grade and high school students based on dependent and independent events with various real-life applications.
Based on deck of cards
Based on marbles
Based on cards
Probability on Different Events
Basic probability worksheets for beginners in 6th grade and 7th grade to understand the different type of events such as more likely, less likely, equally likely and so on.
Balls in container
Identify suitable events
Mutually inclusive and exclusive events
» Permutation and Combination
» Venn Diagram
Become a Member
Copyright © 2024 - Math Worksheets 4 Kids
This is a members-only feature!
Statistics and Probability Worksheets
Welcome to the statistics and probability page at Math-Drills.com where there is a 100% chance of learning something! This page includes Statistics worksheets including collecting and organizing data, measures of central tendency (mean, median, mode and range) and probability.
Students spend their lives collecting, organizing, and analyzing data, so why not teach them a few skills to help them on their way. Data management is probably best done on authentic tasks that will engage students in their own learning. They can collect their own data on topics that interest them. For example, have you ever wondered if everyone shares the same taste in music as you? Perhaps a survey, a couple of graphs and a few analysis sentences will give you an idea.
Statistics has applications in many different fields of study. Budding scientists, stock market brokers, marketing geniuses, and many other pursuits will involve managing data on a daily basis. Teaching students critical thinking skills related to analyzing data they are presented will enable them to make crucial and informed decisions throughout their lives.
Probability is a topic in math that crosses over to several other skills such as decimals, percents, multiplication, division, fractions, etc. Probability worksheets will help students to practice all of these skills with a chance of success!
Most Popular Statistics and Probability Worksheets this Week
Mean, Median, Mode and Range Worksheets
Calculating the mean, median, mode and range are staples of the upper elementary math curriculum. Here you will find worksheets for practicing the calculation of mean, median, mode and range. In case you're not familiar with these concepts, here is how to calculate each one. To calculate the mean, add all of the numbers in the set together and divide that sum by the number of numbers in the set. To calculate the median, first arrange the numbers in order, then locate the middle number. In sets where there are an even number of numbers, calculate the mean of the two middle numbers. To calculate the mode, look for numbers that repeat. If there is only one of each number, the set has no mode. If there are doubles of two different numbers and there are more numbers in the set, the set has two modes. If there are triples of three different numbers and there are more numbers in the set, the set has three modes, and so on. The range is calculated by subtracting the least number from the greatest number.
Note that all of the measures of central tendency are included on each page, but you don't need to assign them all if you aren't working on them all. If you're only working on mean, only assign students to calculate the mean.
In order to determine the median, it is necessary to have your numbers sorted. It is also helpful in determining the mode and range. To expedite the process, these first worksheets include the lists of numbers already sorted.
- Calculating Mean, Median, Mode and Range from Sorted Lists Sets of 5 Numbers from 1 to 10 Sets of 5 Numbers from 10 to 99 Sets of 5 Numbers from 100 to 999 Sets of 10 Numbers from 1 to 10 Sets of 10 Numbers from 10 to 99 Sets of 10 Numbers from 100 to 999 Sets of 20 Numbers from 10 to 99 Sets of 15 Numbers from 100 to 999
Normally, data does not come in a sorted list, so these worksheets are a little more realistic. To find some of the statistics, it will be easier for students to put the numbers in order first.
- Calculating Mean, Median, Mode and Range from Unsorted Lists Sets of 5 Numbers from 1 to 10 Sets of 5 Numbers from 10 to 99 Sets of 5 Numbers from 100 to 999 Sets of 10 Numbers from 1 to 10 Sets of 10 Numbers from 10 to 99 Sets of 10 Numbers from 100 to 999 Sets of 20 Numbers from 10 to 99 Sets of 15 Numbers from 100 to 999
Collecting and Organizing Data
Teaching students how to collect and organize data enables them to develop skills that will enable them to study topics in statistics with more confidence and deeper understanding.
- Constructing Line Plots from Small Data Sets Construct Line Plots with Smaller Numbers and Lines with Ticks Provided (Small Data Set) Construct Line Plots with Smaller Numbers and Lines Only Provided (Small Data Set) Construct Line Plots with Smaller Numbers (Small Data Set) Construct Line Plots with Larger Numbers and Lines with Ticks Provided (Small Data Set) Construct Line Plots with Larger Numbers and Lines Only Provided (Small Data Set) Construct Line Plots with Larger Numbers (Small Data Set)
- Constructing Line Plots from Larger Data Sets Construct Line Plots with Smaller Numbers and Lines with Ticks Provided Construct Line Plots with Smaller Numbers and Lines Only Provided Construct Line Plots with Smaller Numbers Construct Line Plots with Larger Numbers and Lines with Ticks Provided Construct Line Plots with Larger Numbers and Lines Only Provided Construct Line Plots with Larger Numbers
Interpreting and Analyzing Data
Answering questions about graphs and other data helps students build critical thinking skills. Standard questions include determining the minimum, maximum, range, count, median, mode, and mean.
- Answering Questions About Stem-and-Leaf Plots Stem-and-Leaf Plots with about 25 data points Stem-and-Leaf Plots with about 50 data points Stem-and-Leaf Plots with about 100 data points
- Answering Questions About Line Plots Line Plots with Smaller Data Sets and Smaller Numbers Line Plots with Smaller Data Sets and Larger Numbers Line Plots with Larger Data Sets and Smaller Numbers Line Plots with Larger Data Sets and Larger Numbers
- Answering Questions About Broken-Line Graphs Answer Questions About Broken-Line Graphs
- Answering Questions About Circle Graphs Circle Graph Questions (Color Version) Circle Graph Questions (Black and White Version) Circle Graphs No Questions (Color Version) Circle Graphs No Questions (Black and White Version)
- Answering Questions About Pictographs Answer Questions About Pictographs
- Calculating Probabilities with Dice Sum of Two Dice Probabilities Sum of Two Dice Probabilities (with table)
Spinners can be used for probability experiments or for theoretical probability. Students should intuitively know that a number that is more common on a spinner will come up more often. Spinning 100 or more times and tallying the results should get them close to the theoretical probability. The more sections there are, the more spins will be needed.
- Calculating Probabilities with Number Spinners Number Spinner Probability (4 Sections) Number Spinner Probability (5 Sections) Number Spinner Probability (6 Sections) Number Spinner Probability (7 Sections) Number Spinner Probability (8 Sections) Number Spinner Probability (9 Sections) Number Spinner Probability (10 Sections) Number Spinner Probability (11 Sections) Number Spinner Probability (12 Sections)
Non-numerical spinners can be used for experimental or theoretical probability. There are basic questions on every version with a couple extra questions on the A and B versions. Teachers and students can make up other questions to ask and conduct experiments or calculate the theoretical probability. Print copies for everyone or display on an interactive white board.
- Probability with Single-Event Spinners Animal Spinner Probability ( 4 Sections) Animal Spinner Probability ( 5 Sections) Animal Spinner Probability ( 10 Sections) Letter Spinner Probability ( 4 Sections) Letter Spinner Probability ( 5 Sections) Letter Spinner Probability ( 10 Sections) Color Spinner Probability ( 4 Sections) Color Spinner Probability ( 5 Sections) Color Spinner Probability ( 10 Sections)
- Probability with Multi-Event Spinners Animal/Letter Combined Spinner Probability ( 4 Sections) Animal/Letter Combined Spinner Probability ( 5 Sections) Animal/Letter Combined Spinner Probability ( 10 Sections) Animal/Letter/Color Combined Spinner Probability ( 4 Sections) Animal/Letter/Color Combined Spinner Probability ( 5 Sections) Animal/Letter/Color Combined Spinner Probability ( 10 Sections)
Probability Worksheets Grade 8
Probability is a branch of mathematics that involves the study of how likely an event is to occur. Probability worksheets garde 8 help in building a strong foundation in understanding the concept of probability as it is not only used in math but also in real life.
Benefits of 8th Grade Probability Worksheets
The benefit of probability worksheets grade 8 is that students learn how to gauge the probability by tossing a coin, determining the probability from word problems into numbers - odd, even, factors, etc, and the probability of finding a card from a deck of cards. These grade 8 math worksheets provide visual simulations that make it simple and easy for the students to understand the topic better. Since it is a complex topic, the 8th grade probability worksheets provide an answer key with step-by-step solutions in a detailed manner for the students to learn the topic thoroughly and help in improving life and logic skills.
Printable PDFs for Grade 8 Probability Worksheets
The probability worksheets for grade 8 are free to download, easy to use, and are also available in PDF format.
- Math 8th Grade Probability Worksheet
- 8th Grade Probability Math Worksheet
- Eighth Grade Probability Worksheet
- Grade 8 Math Probability Worksheet
Explore more topics at Cuemath's Math Worksheets .