How To Start A Readymade Garments Business In India?
Table of Contents:
1. Readymade Garment Business Plan
2. how to start a garment shop in india, 3. how to start garment business- online., 4. key takeaways, faqs on readymade garments business.
All of us indulge in shopping for clothes, right? But have you ever dreamt of selling the clothes that you buy? Then read on. Because in this article we will show you how to turn that dream into reality! Readymade apparel is a part of our daily lives. People are bound to shop for clothes for numerous occasions-it can range from an anniversary gift to a festival, even for a housewarming party. Ready made clothing are made from different types of fabrics, and are mass-produced, finished textile products. The demand is steadily increasing, and they are very simple to manufacture and market. Hence, making readymade garment business plan a lucrative one.
Readymade garments have got a huge domestic market and also accounts for approximately 45% of India’s total textile exports. The Indian apparel and textile industry was valued at 100 billion $ in 2019 and is expected to reach 220 billion $ by 2025. A readymade garments business can be a profitable one, but you must have some fresh ideas. If you look around, you will find that there are plenty of apparel stores that are not doing well; the main reason is the lack of proper planning. Starting a clothing business can seem daunting at first, but with the first customer sale or trial sample run, you will get great joy and satisfaction.
Starting a clothing line, like with all other businesses, can be a personal journey. The idea to start strikes most people when they notice a gap in the market. You will need both a creative as well as a business mindset to utilise it. Here are some simple business tips to start a garments store business in India:
1- Make A Proper Business Plan
Gain some experience in some other business, maybe a ready made dress brand before venturing out on your own. Once you work there, you will have first-hand knowledge of the challenges in the business and how to overcome them. Start with a simple plan; pick one product that you love and can easily buy or manufacture. Create a budget with different expense heads like marketing, sales, operations, purchase, etc. Also, you have to have an idea about the cash flow and the return on investment. You should visit other clothing stores doing well in your area and learn from the competition. Observe their display style and products. Also note business hours, location, and services.
2- Pick A Proper Location
A crucial part of any business is to first select the location. Find out the market potential of the area to which you would like to cater. Finalise the location after doing a proper market survey. Choose an area that is densely populated and there is a high chance of selling profitably. The proposed location should have a high foot-traffic and less competition.
Also read: Garment Manufacturers in India
3- Legal Aspect
Before starting a business , you have to take all legal permissions and licenses from the local administrative bodies. If the estimated annual turnover of your clothing store business is going to be less than Rs 20 lakhs, you should get a GST registration done . If you don’t have a GST , many reputed companies will avoid doing business with you to avoid violating tax laws.
4- Get Your Finances Ready For Investment
Starting an apparel store business is expensive. Get an idea about the amount of money that you have to invest, and the time of the return of the same. Remember that initially, you will have to spend money to make more money. If you don’t have the seed money, you can borrow the capital from your family or friends. Or getting a small business loan from a bank might be a better option. You will need funds to buy materials like fixtures and lighting, pay rent for the store, purchase merchandise, and many other expenses.
Also Read: Clothing Manufacturers in India
A good infrastructure is important because if the outer appearance of your store is visually attractive, it will draw in customers easily. Inside the store, you should keep the same sizes of clothes in the same row, to make it easier for buyers.
Make a list of people whom you need to hire an accountant , a sales-person, or a helper to help in the business. Then start hiring the right people.
7- Create Exciting Designs
One of the most important things in the clothing business is good product development. You must first sketch the design on a piece of paper. Or, you can use any specialised software like adobe. After the design is finalised, you must create a tech-pack which contains all technical specifications like measurements. This you must give to the manufacturer.
Also Read: Best Clothing Brands in India
8- Inventory Management
While purchasing goods, you have to plan properly, and should not buy a huge stock. Before purchasing stock garments or manufacturing in bulk, you must first make a trial run. Suppose you order 30 dresses in all sizes. You must first see how they are selling. There is no point ordering in bulk if the initial lot does not do well.
Also read: Jeans manufacturers in India
9- Choose Selective Items
You should first decide on your niche and stay focused on a few categories of clothes. Avoid stocking all the varieties for different age groups. For example, you can choose a particular variety as kids wear, menswear, womenswear, or bridal wear. Stock only those items which are trendy and marketable. Even if you branch out later into other products, you will be always remembered for your original product-line. Take the middle ground and don’t veer towards too expensive or cheap products. These are the best ways to attract customers.
10- Create The Right Brand
Though branding is essential for all businesses, it is absolutely critical for a clothing line. Your brand is your business’s public identity and should display the most essential attributes of your company. If it is not good, you will not get a chance to stand out among the competition.
11- Maintain Quality
You should maintain a balance between the cost of the product and the quality so as to give your customers value for money. If you are sourcing from any apparel manufacturer, you should check if the product delivered matches your specifications. Good packaging is also important for presentation.
The impact of Covid-19 has shifted many consumers to online shopping. Here we discuss how you can start an online shop for clothing.
1. How Will You Sell?
Choose an online store builder like OkShop that will let you start selling clothes with an online shop of your own . And this all is for free!
2. Social Media Marketing
Social media is a must-use marketing tool to boost your brand. You can use celebrities and popular social media influencers to endorse your brand and thereby boost sales . You can use various social media platforms like Facebook and YouTube to promote your product to friends.
3. Pick A Business Model
For your online clothing store, you can pick from the four following business models:
✓ Custom cut-and-sew: This type of business model is for those who want to launch their own clothing brand and design. Everything, from designing to manufacturing, has to be done by yourself.
✓ Print-on-demand: It is the cheapest and easiest, and is best for custom t-shirt printing.
✓ Private label: Here you buy blank or label-less apparel and then add your custom label, design, and tag. This is more cost-effective than print-on-demand, as you can get better rates while buying in bulk.
✓ Drop shipping: Here you pick clothing from wholesalers and it is cost-effective since you don’t have to buy stock upfront.
Readymade apparel is a good business opportunity if you work hard. It will provide you with a steady income every month, so it is a good option for entrepreneurs to invest. We hope that the business tips on how to start a garment shop in India we shared in the above article would help you to enter the prospective business of clothing.
Stay updated with new business ideas & business tips with OkCredit blogs in- English, Hindi, Malayalam, Marathi & more!
Download OkCredit now & get rid of your bookkeeping hassles. OkCredit is 100% Made in India.
Q. How to start a ready-made garments business in India?
Ans- These are some of the things you should keep in mind before curating a readymade garment business plan :
- Finding a Niche
- Get acknowledged with the Domain
- Finding Suppliers
- Creating your Target Market
- Finalising the Correct Location
- Getting Funds/Investment
- Registering your Business Legally
- Managing your Distribution Plan
- Inventory Management
- Hiring the Correct Staff
- Product Pricing
- Marketing Your Business
Q. How much profit does a garment shop make?
Ans- In general, the clothing market profit remains anywhere between 30% and 60%. But for international and domestic brands, the margin rate increases gradually. On some brands, the starting profit margin is easily above 50%.
Q. How do I start a readymade garment business?
Ans- Here are some of the requirements on how to start garment business in India :
- Purchasing online procurement
- Curating a Proper Infrastructure
- Selecting a Proper Location
- Maintaining Quality
- Targeting Selective Items
- Obtain Marketing Knowledge
- Check Legalities
- Gain some beforehand experience
- Begin with small scale
Q. Is clothing a good business?
Ans- A clothing store business is truly profitable in India. With profit margins ranging from 25 to 60%, it is deemed to be one of the most profitable businesses in India.
Q. How to start a Clothing Store Business in India?
Ans- Any readymade garment business plan is incomplete without a strong business plan. A clothing store business can be truly profitable, check out to start a clothing store business in India:
- Gather Money for Investment
- Finish GST Registration Process
- Choose Location Wisely
- Start with a Small Scale Business
- Do Competition Research
- Finding Proper Suppliers
- Be Original with Branding
- Filling Stocks
- Choose your Selling Items
- Hire Additional Staff
- Manage Working Hours
- Put out Attractive Offers & Discounts
- Learn Bookkeeping
Q. How do I start a garment shop?
Ans- Follow these steps to start a garment shop in India:
Step 1- Deciding your Niche
Step 2- Building business plan or budget
Step 3- Shaping Your Business
Step 4- Curating Your Business Designs
Step 5- Create your Personal Brand
Step 6- Start your Manufacturing Process
Step 7- Test Your Products in the Market
Step 8- Introduce your products to the Market
Q. How do you price clothes?
Ans- Pricing of Cloths is done with the help of the keystone markup method. In this process, you can multiply a price by 2 (sometimes up to 2.5) in order to get their pricing for the next level. If you start with the garments CP or cost price i.e. the cost price of all your manufacturing costs.
Q. Is it hard to start a clothing business?
Ans- Every business has its own pros and cons while beginning but everyone's doesn't have the risk factor in them to begin. The clothing business is profitable but the thing to note is to stick through the ups and downs of the market.
Q. What is the profit margin for clothes in retail?
Ans: It is generally within a range of 4 to 13 percent.
Q. What does the term ‘readymade garments’ mean?
Ans: It refers to those clothes which are finished and can be worn off the hook without any other work to be done. They are available in different sizes.
Get the best business ideas, small business tips & read more about technology for small businesses by Utpala Ghosh.
Cable manufacturers in india [5 best manufacturers], air compressor manufacturer in india [top 11 manufacturers], pet bottle manufacturers in india [top 7 manufacturers], paint manufacturers in india [6 best manufacturers], silk saree manufacturers in india [best manufacturers], you might be interested in, foreign direct investment(fdi) 101: a complete guide, series funding [types, how it works and more], sustainable architecture ideas that can improve our lives.
- Cart 0 View Cart
- Inquiry Basket 0
- Track your Order
- Case Studies
- Submit Manuscript
- Project Consultancy, Reports & Profiles
- Feasibility Reports List
- Project Identification
- Market Research Report
- Directory & Databases
- Middle East
- Rest of the World
- Best Industry
- Best Business Ideas
- Startup Business Ideas
- Startup Consulting Services
- Useful Readings
- Pdf and Docs
- Business Listings
- Add Your Company
- Readymade Garments, Clothing Business Ideas & Opportunities
Niir Project Consultancy Services (NPCS) through its network of project consultants in a wide range of business and technological disciplines is engaged in providing services to its clients by way of preparation of project reports. We provide the pre-investment information and business plans required for promoters, business leaders, young entrepreneurs, women entrepreneurs, investors, NRI (Non Resident India), startups, professionals looking to start their own venture. The comprehensive project profile reports cover all the aspects of business, from analyzing the market, confirming availability of various necessities such as plant & machinery, raw materials to forecasting the financial requirements. the scope of the report includes assessing market potential, negotiating with collaborators, investment decision making, corporate diversification planning etc. in a very planned manner by formulating detailed manufacturing techniques and forecasting financial aspects by estimating the cost of raw material, formulating the cash flow statement, projecting the balance sheet, break-even point, rate of return (ROR), etc. the DPR is formulated by highly accomplished and experienced consultants and the market research and analysis are supported by a panel of experts and digitized data bank.
Ready-made garments are mass-produced finished textile products of the clothing industry. They are made from many different fabrics and yarns. Their characteristics depend on the fibers used in their manufacture.
The garments are very simple to manufacture and easily marketable both in urban and rural areas. The demand of readymade garments is increasing day by day due to urbanization of the cities.
Readymade garments are a part of our daily life. Clothes are an epitome of a culture. People in different parts of the world have their own styles of dressing which symbolize their culture and status. The Readymade garments industry is increasing day by day due to changes of fashion in day to day life. The textile industry including readymade garments occupies a unique position in the Indian economy. Its predominant presence in the Indian economy is manifested in terms of its significant contribution to the industrial production, employment generation and foreign exchange earnings.
The readymade garment industry in India owes its existence to the emergence of a highly profitable market for exports. Ready-made garments account for approximately 45% of India's total textile exports. It has immense potential for employment generation particularly in the rural and remote areas of the country on account of its close linkage with agriculture. They represent value added and less import sub sector. In the recent years, however, the domestic demand has also been growing rapidly. Thus, due to demand it is a good project for entrepreneurs to invest.
Few Indian Major Players are as under
• Achiever Apparels Pvt. Ltd.
• Arvind Clothing Ltd.
• Arvind Goodhill Suit Mfg. Pvt. Ltd.
• Biba Apparels Pvt. Ltd.
• Centex International Pvt. Ltd.
• Gini & Jony Ltd.
India’s textiles sector is one of the oldest industries in Indian economy dating back several centuries. Even today, textiles sector is one of the largest contributors to India’s exports with approximately 15 per cent of total exports. The textiles industry is also labour intensive and is one of the largest employers.
India is the sixth largest supplier of readymade garments in the world with a 3.7 per cent share in global exports.
The textile industry employs about 51 million people directly and 68 million people indirectly. India's overall textile exports during FY 2015-16 stood at US$ 40 billion.
The Indian textiles industry, currently estimated at around US$ 120 billion, is expected to reach US$ 230 billion by 2020. The Indian Textile Industry contributes approximately 4 per cent to India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP), and 14 per cent to overall Index of Industrial Production (IIP).
The size of India’s textile market in 2014 was USD99.0 billion which is expected to touch USD226 billion market by 2023 at a CAGR of 8.7 per cent between 2009-23E.
Indian Garment Industry, Garment Industry in India, Garment Industry, Projects on Readymade Garments, Textile Industry, Textiles and Garments, Textile Industry in India, Readymade Garments Industry, How to Start Garment Business With Low Investment, Most Profitable Apparel Business Ideas, Plan for Starting Up Readymade Garment Business, How to Start Clothing Business, How to Start Garment Business, How to Start Small Business , Garment Business, Readymade Garments Business Plan in India, Garment Business Opportunities, Small Textile Business Ideas, Small Business Ideas in Garment Industry, Profitable Small Business Opportunities in Clothing Industry, Start Readymade Garments Business, Garment Manufacturing Business, Readymade Garments Manufacturing, Commercial Readymade Garments Manufacturing Business, Project Report on Readymade Garments Manufacturing, Project Profile on Readymade Garments, Process of Garment Manufacturing, Garment Manufacturing Business Plan, How Can I Start Readymade Garments Business in India?, How do I Start Garments Business in India?, Starting Clothing Business, How to Start Clothing Line, How to Start Successful Garment Manufacturing Business, Clothing Business Ideas & Opportunities, Starting Your Own Successful Clothing Line, Business Plan for Garment Manufacturing, Steps to Success for Clothing Industry, Production Planning for Garment Manufacturing, Production Planning in Clothing Industry, Textile & Garment Manufacturing, Manufacturing Process for Clothing Industry, How to Start Clothing and Apparel Business, Planning for Textile and Clothing Business, Starting & Operating Textile and Clothing Manufacturing Business, Business Plan for Opening Textile Manufacturing, Clothing Manufacturing Plant, Jeans Manufacturing Business Plan, Jeans Manufacturing Unit, I am Planning To Start Manufacturing Unit of Jeans?, Jeans Pant Manufacturing Unit, Process of Making Jeans, Jeans Manufacturing Industry, Guide to Start Jeans Manufacturing Business, Readymade Apparels Denim Manufacturing Unit, Denim Garments Making, How to Start Jeans Factory, Start Jeans Manufacturing Business, Readymade Garment Manufacturing Plant, Starting Garment Manufacturing Business, Garment Manufacturing Plant, Garment Manufacturing Unit, Textile and Apparel, Guideline for Garments Manufacturing Process, How to Start Garments Manufacturing in India, Set Up Small Scale Garment Manufacturing Unit, I Would Like to Start Garment Manufacturing Unit?, Apparel Production Unit, Business Opportunity in Garment Manufacturing, Apparel Manufacturing, Apparel Manufacturing Process, Apparel Production, Production of Clothes, Apparel Production Process, Readymade Garment Manufacturing Project Ideas, Projects on Small Scale Industries, Small Scale Industries Projects Ideas, Apparel Production Based Small Scale Industries Projects, Project Profile on Small Scale Industries, How to Start Garments Manufacturing Industry in India, Readymade Garment Manufacturing Projects, New Project Profile on Apparel Production Industries, Project Report on Garments Manufacturing Industry, Detailed Project Report on Garments Manufacturing, Project Report on Readymade Garment Manufacturing, Pre-Investment Feasibility Study on Readymade Garment Manufacturing, Techno-Economic Feasibility Study on Garments Manufacturing, Feasibility Report on Garments Manufacturing, Free Project Profile on Readymade Garment Manufacturing, Project Profile on Garments Manufacturing, Download Free Project Profile on Apparel Production, Industrial Project Report, Project Consultant, Project Consultancy, NPCS, Niir, Process Technology Books, Business Consultancy, Business Consultant, Project Identification and Selection, Preparation of Project Profiles, Startup, Business Guidance, Business Guidance to Clients, Startup Project for Apparel Production, Startup Project, Startup Ideas, Project for Startups, Startup Project Plan, Business Start-Up, Business Plan for Startup Business, Great Opportunity for Startup, Small Start-Up Business Project, Project Report for Bank Loan, Project Report for Bank Finance, Project Report Format for Bank Loan in Excel, Excel Format of Project Report and CMA Data, Project Report Bank Loan Excel, Detailed Project Plan Report
- One Lac / Lakh / Lakhs is equivalent to one hundred thousand (100,000)
- One Crore is equivalent to ten million (10,000,000)
- T.C.I is Total Capital Investment
- We can modify the project capacity and project cost as per your requirement.
- We can also prepare project report on any subject as per your requirement.
- Caution: The project's cost, capacity and return are subject to change without any notice. Future projects may have different values of project cost, capacity or return.
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4
NIIR PROJECT CONSULTANCY SERVICES (NPCS) is a reliable name in the industrial world for offering integrated technical consultancy services. NPCS is manned by engineers, planners, specialists, financial experts, economic analysts and design specialists with extensive experience in the related industries.
Our various services are: Detailed Project Report, Business Plan for Manufacturing Plant, Start-up Ideas, Business Ideas for Entrepreneurs, Start up Business Opportunities, entrepreneurship projects, Successful Business Plan, Industry Trends, Market Research, Manufacturing Process, Machinery, Raw Materials, project report, Cost and Revenue, Pre-feasibility study for Profitable Manufacturing Business, Project Identification, Project Feasibility and Market Study, Identification of Profitable Industrial Project Opportunities, Business Opportunities, Investment Opportunities for Most Profitable Business in India, Manufacturing Business Ideas, Preparation of Project Profile, Pre-Investment and Pre-Feasibility Study, Market Research Study, Preparation of Techno-Economic Feasibility Report, Identification and Section of Plant, Process, Equipment, General Guidance, Startup Help, Technical and Commercial Counseling for setting up new industrial project and Most Profitable Small Scale Business.
NPCS also publishes varies process technology, technical, reference, self employment and startup books, directory, business and industry database, bankable detailed project report, market research report on various industries, small scale industry and profit making business. Besides being used by manufacturers, industrialists and entrepreneurs, our publications are also used by professionals including project engineers, information services bureau, consultants and project consultancy firms as one of the input in their research.
Our Detailed Project report aims at providing all the critical data required by any entrepreneur vying to venture into Project. While expanding a current business or while venturing into new business, entrepreneurs are often faced with the dilemma of zeroing in on a suitable product/line.
And before diversifying/venturing into any product, wish to study the following aspects of the identified product:
• Good Present/Future Demand • Export-Import Market Potential • Raw Material & Manpower Availability • Project Costs and Payback Period
We at NPCS, through our reliable expertise in the project consultancy and market research field, Provides exhaustive information about the project, which satisfies all the above mentioned requirements and has high growth potential in the markets. And through our report we aim to help you make sound and informed business decision.
The report contains all the data which will help an entrepreneur find answers to questions like:
• Why I should invest in this project? • What will drive the growth of the product? • What are the costs involved? • What will be the market potential?
The report first focuses on enhancing the basic knowledge of the entrepreneur about the main product, by elucidating details like product definition, its uses and applications, industry segmentation as well as an overall overview of the industry sector in India. The report then helps an entrepreneur identify the target customer group of its product. It further helps in making sound investment decision by listing and then elaborating on factors that will contribute to the growth of product consumption in India and also talks about the foreign trade of the product along with the list of top importing and top exporting countries. Report includes graphical representation and forecasts of key data discussed in the above mentioned segment. It further explicates the growth potential of the product.
The report includes other market data like key players in the Industry segment along with their contact information and recent developments. It includes crucial information like raw material requirements, list of machinery and manufacturing process for the plant. Core project financials like plant capacity, costs involved in setting up of project, working capital requirements, projected revenue and profit are further listed in the report.
Reasons for buying the report:
• This report helps you to identify a profitable project for investing or diversifying into by throwing light to crucial areas like industry size, demand of the product and reasons for investing in the product .
• This report provides vital information on the product like its definition, characteristics and segmentation .
• This report helps you market and place the product correctly by identifying the target customer group of the product.
• This report helps you understand the viability of the project by disclosing details like raw materials required, manufacturing process, project costs and snapshot of other project financials .
• The report provides forecasts of key parameters which helps to anticipate the industry performance and make sound business decision.
• Our research reports broadly cover Indian markets, present analysis, outlook and forecast.
• The market forecasts are developed on the basis of secondary research and are cross-validated through interactions with the industry players.
• We use reliable sources of information and databases. And information from such sources is processed by us and included in the report .
Our Market Survey cum Detailed Techno Economic Feasibility Report Contains following information:
· Project Introduction
· Project Objective and Strategy
· Concise History of the Product
· BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) Provision & Specification
· Uses & Applications
Ø Market Study and Assessment
· Current Indian Market Scenario
· Present Market Demand and Supply
· Estimated Future Market Demand and Forecast
· Statistics of Import & Export
· Names & Addresses of Existing Units (Present Players)
· Market Opportunity
Ø Raw Material
· List of Raw Materials
· Properties of Raw Materials
· Prescribed Quality of Raw Materials
· List of Suppliers and Manufacturers
Ø Personnel (Manpower) Requirements
· Requirement of Staff & Labor (Skilled and Unskilled) Managerial, Technical, Office Staff and Marketing Personnel
Ø Plant and Machinery
· List of Plant & Machinery
· Miscellaneous Items
· Appliances & Equipments
· Laboratory Equipments & Accessories
· Electric Load & Water
· Maintenance Cost
· Sources of Plant & Machinery (Suppliers and Manufacturers)
Ø Manufacturing Process and Formulations
· Detailed Process of Manufacture with Formulation
· Packaging Required
· Process Flow Sheet Diagram
Ø Infrastructure and Utilities
· Project Location
· Requirement of Land Area
· Rates of the Land
· Built Up Area
· Construction Schedule
· Plant Layout and Requirement of Utilities
Project at a Glance
Along with financial details as under:
Products & Services
- Laboratory Trial Based Products
- Entrepreneur India Magazine
- Career Option
- My Account Home
- My Shopping Cart
Accepted Payment Methods
- Street View
© 2015-21. All rights reserved
- Business loans
- Working Capital Loan
How to Start a Readymade Garment Business in India
- Readymade Garment Business in India
The garment business is one of the most flourishing businesses in the world. Clothes are not just a necessity anymore. They are a status symbol. People want to wear clothes that showcase their personality. The textiles and apparel industry contributes 5% to India’s GDP. In a developing country like India, the potential of a readymade garment business is limitless. If you are looking for ideas on ‘how to start a garment business’, you have come to the right place. Here is a complete guide on how to start a readymade clothes business.
Readymade Garments Business Plan
A business plan contains your vision, objectives, and the ways to achieve these goals. It is a blueprint of the business that considers marketing, operations, and finances. This document will also help you get a loan from the bank and get investors on board. Before you start working on your business plan, you need to research a lot. First, ask yourself the following questions:
- What sort of garments would be the most feasible and profitable?
- How much capital can you invest in the business?
- How much capital can you raise from the bank or other sources?
- If you don’t have collateral, how do you get a business loan without collateral?
- How will you market your products?
- When do you expect to start generating profits?
The questions mentioned above are just some examples to get you started. The basic idea is that you need a clear plan on what you intend to do and how you should go about it.
Tips for a Garments Business
- Do your research – Before you start any business, you need to do the groundwork. You should talk to the popular garment manufacturers as well as retailers when starting. Figuring out what the local market likes, what does not sell, what is in demand but is not available, etc., is crucial. You can also check if there are products that began trending recently and have a great future in the market. The early-movers advantage can help you generate profits quickly.
- Custom manufacturing: You will have to create designs, a brand, and manufacture new products. Everything has to be done from scratch. This way of manufacturing has risks, but the rewards are high.
- On-Demand: In this type of manufacturing, you can take orders from businesses, franchises, etc., and the buyer will tell you how much and what to make. This one carries significantly less risk. However, it is tough to get orders when you are starting.
- Outsource Manufacturing: In this type of manufacturing, you can outsource all the work to other manufacturers, slap on your brand label, and sell it on the market.
If you want to go the retail way, there are two ways to do it. You can take a franchise or sell clothes of various brands by purchasing them from wholesalers.
- Get the requisite capital –
The first and foremost thing you need when starting a business is capital. So figure out how much you would need to start your garment business. Next, know how much you can invest in the industry. Do not go all out and invest all your money in the business. Try to get small business loans from banks or NBFCs such as flex loans by presenting your business plan. Banks would need collateral to finance your venture. There are great NBFCs such as FlexiLoans that offer collateral-free business loans . Moreover, you can get an online business loan from the comfort of your home. The interest rate for business loans in India is relatively moderate as the Government wants to incentivize businesses. Lastly, Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) can get MSME business loans at cheap rates.
- Start Small
You do not need to go all guns blazing. At the outset, you can research the local market and find out the most popular items. If you are opening a franchise, you can keep a limited stock of the popular items. Once you establish your business, you can then gradually expand your business. The same goes for a manufacturing enterprise. Start small to go big. Apply for business loans online to start your business.
- Pick a good location for a readymade garments shop
If you are opening a readymade garments shop, location is everything. Customers will not go out of their way to come to your shop unless you already have a strong presence in the market. The best thing is to start a shop in a popular location where there are other garments shops. Customers love choices, and they shop in areas where they have lots of shops to choose from. One more aspect of this is to rent or lease a shop that is not disputed. You do not want to get entangled in legal disputes when starting.
- Invest in infrastructure
The facade and interior of your shop can make a big difference. The facade should be such that people would want to go in after seeing it. Not only that, the interior of a garments shop is of the essence. The lighting and the mirrors in the shop should be placed in ways that show people’s flattering side. They would then associate the feeling of looking good with your shop and visit again.
- Fulfil legal obligations
At the outset, you will need to fulfil any legal obligations such as getting a GST number, rent/lease agreement for the shop, getting the requisite permissions from the municipal corporation, etc. Ensure that you do not skip these formalities, as this can result in hefty fines or even shop closure.
- Focus on marketing
There’s no point in establishing a great store and excellent products if people do not know about them. When you are starting, you need to invest in social media marketing as well as offline marketing. Moreover, have incentives for customers such as Buy One Get One or Flat 50% Off, etc. Run paid promotions on social media. You can even target people based on their age, location, shopping preferences, etc. Social media marketing can get you the highest return on investment as you can market to your target audience directly. If you want to start your brand, you should have a website as well. Build your website well, and you can generate sales from all over India. People look for fresh designs as they are bored of generic designs from known brands. After establishing your presence, you can also build an app and sell your creations. These days, you do not need to shell out big bucks to have a good app. In the internet age, all you need is good products, fresh designs, and a great online presence to generate substantial revenue.
- Create innovative designs
There are hundreds of thousands of garment manufacturing businesses in India. You need to provide quality and fresh designs to stand out, especially if you intend to attract the youth. To do that, you will need to hire someone who can create good designs on Photoshop or other platforms. You can also go old school by hiring local artisans and get designs from them. Today, old-school designs are making a comeback as people want to embrace traditional clothing.
How to Start a Garment Shop in India – Readymade Garments Franchise in India
There are low-cost clothing franchises in India, such as FabIndia, Raymond, Kaira, etc. With high-cost franchises, there are many requirements such as the minimum number of staff, outlets in posh areas, capital requirements, etc. You can go for low-cost options if you have limited capital. Apply for a business loan if you want to extend your capital.
Garment Business in India – Profit
Garment business profits will be generated gradually. Now that we understand how to start your garment business, we can discuss profits. When you start a business, it will take you considerable time to start generating profits. The readymade garment business is the same. You need to be patient. Do good work and establish your presence in the market, and you will start generating handsome profits gradually.
The readymade garment business is a promising venture to pursue in India. You can generate substantial profits by researching well and working smartly. Focus on key aspects such as getting the requisite capital, choosing the right business idea, establishing your business with stellar marketing, etc. To get capital, you can approach banks or NBFCs for MSME loans for new businesses. The readymade garments business is just like any other business at its core. You have to be patient and follow the tips shared in this article to succeed. There’s a high chance that you will start earning well from your garment business. What are you waiting for? Get started on your dream venture right away.
How to Start a Franchise Business in India?
Steps To Improve Cash Flow Management for Small Business
- How to Write a Cancelled Cheque?
Staying Current with Company Law: The Latest Updates from MCA Department
Seamless GSTR 4 Filing: Step-by-Step Online Filing Made Easy
PM Kisan – Registration, Beneficiary Status & Latest Updates
Mastering GSTR 3B Filing: A Simple Online Procedure Guide
- Business Loan
- Instant Business Loan
- Business loan Interest Rate
- Business Loan EMI Calculator
- Business Loan Eligibility Criteria
- GST Calculator
Business Loan Type
- Small Business Loan
- Business Loan for Women
- Loan against POS
- Line of Credit
- Vendor Financing
- GST Business Loan
- Wholesale Business Loan
- Short Term Business Loan
- Self Employed Business loan
- Unsecured Business Loan
- Collateral Free Business Loan
- Corporate Loans
- Instant Loan on Aadhar Card
Business Loan by Industry
- e-Commerce Business Loan
- Retail Business Loan
- Sole Proprietor Business loan
- Mudra Loan Interest Rate
- Myntra Seller Business Loan
- Amazon Seller Business Loan
- Flipkart Seller Business Loan
- Paytm Seller Business Loan
- Business Loan for Traders
- Business Loan for Shopkeepers
- Import Finance Business Loan
- Service Sector Business Loan
- Finance for Automobile Business
- Beauty and Personal Care Business Loan
- Footwear Business-Loan
- Fashion Industry Business Loan
- Loan for Accessories Business
Business Loan by City
- Business Loan in Bihar
- Business Loan in Mumbai
- Business Loan in Kolkata
- Business loan in Delhi NCR
- Business Loan in Pune
- Business Loan in Hyderabad
- Business Loan in Chennai
- Business Loan in Bangalore
- Business Loan in Ahmedabad
- Business Loan in Coimbatore
- Business Loan in Jaipur
- Business Loan in Surat
- Best Business Ideas in Tamil Nadu
- Business Ideas to Start in Gujarat
- Business Ideas in Jaipur
- Top Business Ideas in Bangalore
- Business Ideas in Pune
- Business Ideas In Bihar
- Small Business Ideas in Punjab
- Business Ideas in Goa
- Business Ideas in Kolkata
- Small Business Ideas for Rural Areas in India
- Wholesale Business Ideas To Start In India
- 10 Part-Time Business Ideas
- 31 Small Business Ideas with Low Investment and High Profit
- Business Ideas for Women
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Goods and Services Tax in India
- Difference Between Flat Interest rate vs. Reducing Interest rate
- Importance of Working Capital Management
- How to Start a Pharmacy Business in India?
- MSME Registration Process
- Business License in India
- How to Check Your Small Business Loan Status
- MSME Registration Benefits in India
- A List Of Businesses That Come Under MSME
- PMEGP Scheme List
- How to Change Name and Address on PAN Card
- Udyam Aadhar Registration Online
- Schemes and FAQs Related to Jan Samarth Portal
- Documents Required For Pan Card
- GST Late Fee Interest Calculator
- Poultry Farm Business Plan
- Garment Manufacturing
How To Start A Garment Manufacturing? Ultimate Guide:
Hey folks! It is most common when you plan to start a stitching business that these kinds of queries come to your mind like, how to start a garments business, readymade garments business, garments manufacturing business and garments business online.
When people start any business they work consistently with their budget and capability, the truth is there are some ways to start out the clothes business ultimately it depends upon the financial ground, product knowledge, and experience you’ll have. The clothing product can be selected like, clothing men, stylish clothes for men, women’s clothing and kids garments, shirts, T-Shirt Jeans, etc. Further, If you have any expertise regarding any stitchable product so that can be considered for setting up the garments company .
I have already clearly specified the way of getting the business in one of my articles , where you’ll get the direction that how business orders come.
I have already briefed different kinds of uniform business startups you may find in this blog . <<< Checkout
The garments factory sounds like a vast manufacturing setup wherein clothing items are produced in mass quantities with a perfect operating system that shows a clear picture of a professional organization.
Usually, for high-volume production, you will have to use advanced machines and equipment. All its systems shall be set up in a great place. As well as completing the target, the quality will be monitored because it becomes part of the product identity, and accordingly, it gets recognization in the markets.
Garments Business Requirements :
You will also need a considerable number of workers to operate its entire system; therefore it has been advised to follow the business plan , through which you will get guidance for starting up a clothing factory.
It has been often seen that garment factories mostly produce a large scale of undergarments , denim jeans , trousers , t-shirts , and police and military uniforms .
If you have planned to start production of police or military uniform , then you have to pay more attention to every pattern to complete the task because, in comparison to ordinary clothes, it takes much time to make it.
5U,’4 Police and Military Uniform
How to Start a Garments Business and Starting a Garment Manufacturing Business in a Right Direction
Usually, most of the stitching industry has material cutting, stitching, and finishing departments. It has been observed that large-scale garments manufacturing companies used a perfect production system that included advanced machines and equipment, also taking care of the product’s quality as well as maintaining timely delivery, this is why their employees also perform job responsibilities professionally.
All these things are limited to small-scale manufacturing companies, but it does not mean that all those mid-level organizations do not pay attention to the quality and the order delivery, the difference is that they do not have a production system like a mass production company.
That is why those small entrepreneurs also need to pay more attention to production results, but some of them remain behind to fulfill their commitments.
Regular Tailoring Dress and Manufacturing Requirements: <<<<Read here
Casual Garments Type and Manufacturing Requirements : <<<<Read here
Essential Machines for Every Garments Production <<<<Read here
How to Select the Machine Model <<<< Read here
Whole Garment Making Machine Fully Automatic <<< Read more
“Most of the following machines and equipment can be utilized commonly for all kinds of uniforms and many different types of garments in case of starting production on a large scale”
Police & Military Uniforms Production System
Material cutting section:.
Machine & Equipment Description:
- Pattern Designing Software / CAD (Computer-Aided Design) system
- Automatic Fabric Inspection Machine. (Advanced)
- Fully Automatic Fabric Spreading Machine. (Advanced)
- Fabric Cutting Table. (Advanced)
- Computerized Automatic Fabric Cutting Machine. (Advanced)
- Fusing Machine. (Advanced)
- Fabric Inspection Machine. (Advanced)
- Band Knife Cutting Machine. (Advanced)
Stitching Machine Section :
Machine & Equipment Description:
- Single-Needle Lockstitch Machine. Flatbed (Advanced)
- Multi-Needle Embroidery Machine (For Logo). (Advanced)
- Double-Needle Welt Pocket Attach Machine. (With Zipper Folder) (Advanced)
- Three-Needle Chain Stitch Feed of the Arm Machine with Puller. (Advanced)
- Double-Needle Lockstitch Split Bar Machine. (Advanced)
- Double-Needle Lockstitch Fixed Bar Machine. (Advanced)
- Single-Needle Bar-tack Machine. (Advanced)
- Snap Button Attach Machine. (Advanced)
- Double-Needle Five Threads Overlock Machine. (Advanced)
- Single-Needle Automatic Button Feeder and Attach Machine. (Advanced)
- Single-Needle Lockstitch Buttonholing Machine with Indexer. (Advanced)
- Single-Needle Eyelet Button Holing Machine. (Advanced)
- Double-Needle Bottom Cover-stitch Machine for Belt Loop Making. (Advanced)
- Double-Needle Automatic Belt Loop Attaching Machine. (Advanced)
- Blind Stitch Machine. (Advanced)
- Single Needle Lockstitch Machine with Edge Trimmer. (Advanced)
- Button Wrapping Machine. (Advanced)
- Collar Trimming is Turning and Blocking Machine. (Advanced)
Finishing Machine Section:
Machine & Equipment Description:
- Centralized Steam Boiler. (Advanced)
- Steam Iron. (Advanced)
- Vacuum Table with and without the buck. (Advanced)
- Thread Cleaning Machine. (Advanced)
- Needle Detector Machine. (Advanced)
- Stain Remover. (Advanced)
- Collar & Cuff Press. (Advanced)
Note : The cutting and some of the finishing equipment can be used commonly for all kinds of garment-making purposes, as mentioned in my previous article. how to start a garments business, readymade garments business, garments manufacturing business and garments business online. You may also require all the equipment and techniques to start these businesses.
Thanks for sharing important ideas that how can we begin the clothing manufacturing business. This blog is quite useful in terms of the clothing business. I read this blog considerately and I will share this blog with others who want to start an apparel business.
Thanks James Brian
Comments are closed.
- How to Choose the Best Clothing Suppliers – Beginner’s Guide
- Fashion Truck Boutique Business Ideas | A Business Guide
- Kidswear Business Ideas -The Ultimate Guide
- Is Industrial Specialties a Good Career Path? A 2023 Answer
- Is Basic Industries a Good Career Path? USA 2023 You Must Know
Academia.edu no longer supports Internet Explorer.
To browse Academia.edu and the wider internet faster and more securely, please take a few seconds to upgrade your browser .
Enter the email address you signed up with and we'll email you a reset link.
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
A Business Plan – Readymade garment shop
by SAMADHAN LUCKNOW
Free Related PDFs
1991, Archives of Microbiology
Desulfomonile tiedjei (strain DCB-1) was previously shown to conserve energy for growth from reductive dechlorination of 3-chlorobenzoate coupled to formate oxidation. We tested the hypothesis that a chemiosmotic mechanism couples reductive dechlorination and ATP synthesis in D. tiedjei. Dechlorination resulted in an increase in the ATP pool of cells. Uncouplers and ionophores decreased both the dechlorination rate and the ATP pool. However, at low concentrations the inhibitors had relatively greater effects on the ATP pool, and in some cases, even appeared to stimulate dechlorination. Those agents could not completely inhibit ATP synthesis while allowing dechlorination activity. The proton-driven ATPase inhibitor, N,N′-dicyclohexylcarbodiimide (DCCD), had similar effects. An imposed pH gradient also resulted in an increase in the ATP pool of cells, and this increase was partially inhibited by DCCD. Addition of 3-chlorobenzoate to cell suspensions caused proton translocation by the cells. Proton translocation was stimulated by the permeant thiocyanate anion and inhibited by uncouplers. A maximum H+/3-chlorobenzoate ratio of greater than two was observed. These findings suggest that dechlorination supports formation of a proton-motive force which in turn supports ATP synthesis via a proton-driven ATPase.
Matthew M Chew
2009, Asian Social Science
Journal ijmr.net.in(UGC Approved)
The Indian women apparel market has undergone a transformational phase over the past few years-growing number of working women, changing fashion trends, rising level of information and media exposure, and entry of large number of foreign brands have given the industry a new phase lift. As a result, major player in the apparel market have now started to diversify themselves into women wear in order to capitalise the highly lucrative women apparel market. The market, in the past five years, posted a growth rate of good 14%. This growth is considerably very high compared to the world market share. This study aims to identify the major factors which will influence the women purchase decision making towards the women garments. This will help to understand the women purchase behaviour so that marketers can plan accordingly to promote their product at the right place at the right time.
Dr. Abdus Sattar Abbasi
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
- Find new research papers in:
- Health Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Science
- Academia ©2023
- How to Guides
- _for Industrial Engineers
- _for Quality Controllers
- _for Merchandisers
- _Industrial Engineering
- _Production Planning
- _Quality Control
- _Free Downloads
10 Small Business Ideas in Garment Industry in 2023
Small-scale business ideas in the garment and textile industry
1. small-scale garment factory set-up.
- You need sewing machines, fabric cutting machines, ironing, and garment finishing equipment. Prepare a list of machines required and contact machinery suppliers for the price quote and purchase of machines.
- You need to set up the infrastructure for the factory, lighting, water, material handling equipment, furnishers, etc.
- You need space for factory set-up. While planning for space requirements, consider production processes, shop floor, office areas, sample showroom, pantry, warehouse, etc.
- You need to hire skilled manpower and need service providers
- Need to source raw material, including fabrics, trims and accessories.
- Prepare a business strategy and develop a customer base.
- Prepare the investment requirement and how would you arrange the fund for the business setup and factory running cost. For the fund, you can take a business loan from a bank.
2. Sub-contracting business in garment stitching
3. garment wholesale business, 4. open a clothing store.
- Kids and Mom clothing products – All products range kids normally need and some regular products of the season-wise you need to change product sourcing.
- Ladies' products – Kurtis, Leggings, tops, dresses, gowns, and more.
- Youths product range– T-shirt, casual shirts and jeans, shorts
- Innerwear products – Sells all innerwear products of women and kids, including night suits
- Family shop – You can keep all product ranges of a family clothing requirement.
- Knitwear products – stores only sell knitwear products including innerwear and winter wear clothes.
- Sarees – This is another product range where you can sell saree and include bridal collections, lehengas, and ladies' suits.
- You can take a franchise of apparel brands. Where brands will supply you with their products, you need to sell and get the commission.
5. Export surplus garments store
6. start a printing and embroidery unit, 7. set up a garment washing plant, 8. starting a garment buying and sourcing agency, 9. starting a consultancy service, 10. custom t-shirt printing business, 11. e-commerce business.
- Give a name to your business. Company name and brand name can be the same or a different
- Register your business. Registration can be as a proprietorship firm, partnership firm, a company, Private limited company. What kind of registration you need to do depends on some factors. Take guidance from a CA for the correct one.
- Open a current bank account, under your registered company name
- Apply for PAN card
- GST registration
- Tax registration
- If it is a factory in the commercial area, you may take the license for setting up the business. Also, you need various certificates from local authorities.
- For the business promotion and online address, register a domain. Get one website for your company.
Books to refer:
Post a comment, advertisement, contact form.
How To Start Readymade Garments Business?
- March 31, 2022
- No Comments
What is the Readymade Garments Business?
Step 1 choose a manufacturing process, step 2 select a trusted and quality supplier, step 3 determine the garment type, step 4 source materials and trims, step 5 create a production plan for garments business, step 6 set up your garments business, step 7 market your garments business, readymade garments business plan, types of readymade garments business, what are the benefits of readymade garments business, what are the risks of readymade garments business, top ecommerce marketplaces to sell readymade garments.
There are many people from the clothing industry who want to know about “How To Start Readymade Garments Business”. This business is profitable on both the channels whether it is operated by manufacturer or retailer.
The readymade garments business sector is one of the most significant and quickest developing businesses on the planet. The estimation of the worldwide market for readymade garments is assessed to be in excess of $1 trillion.
The readymade garments industry is a very big and ever growing industry. It is a labour-intensive industry and employs a large number of people. The industry has a wide network of suppliers and traders.
This is a great option if you want to start a business but you don’t have the time or resources to produce your own clothes.
The readymade garments business is one of the most successful industries in the world. It is a billion-dollar industry and employs millions of people around the globe. The readymade garments business is also one of the most competitive industries with new brands and designers constantly emerging.
Despite the competition, the readymade garments business continues to grow at an impressive rate. This is due to the increasing demand for stylish and affordable clothing.
The readymade garments business is expected to continue to grow in the coming years, as more people aspire to have a stylish wardrobe.
The Readymade Garments business is a great way to get started in the fashion industry. It can be a great way to make your own clothing and sell it online or in physical stores.
There are many different ways to start this business, so there is no wrong way to do it. You just need some patience, creativity, knowledge, and skills to expand your garment business .
One way is to create and sell your own line of clothing. Another way is to work with a designer or manufacturer to create unique and stylish garments.
Whatever path you want to approach for this business, you need to make sure that you have a clear readymade garments business plan and take the time to research the niche market before starting your business.
The advantage of a readymade garments business is that you can start it with a relatively small amount of money. You don’t need to invest in expensive machines or equipment and you can get started with a small amount of stock.
You also don’t need a lot of space to operate your garments business, which is great if you want to operate this business from home also.
You can buy wholesale clothing from suppliers and then sell it to your customers at a markup price. You’ll need to have an understanding of fashion trends and what’s popular with your target market.
There are many benefits to starting a Readymade Garments business in India. First, the garments can be made to order, which means you can keep more of the profits. Second, there is little need for expensive machinery or supplies, so starting a Readymade Garments business can be cost-effective. Finally, customers can be confident that their garments are of high quality and will last long.
The first step in the manufacturing process is to create the fabric. The fabric is created by weaving or knitting the threads together. Once the fabric is created, it is cut into the desired shape and then sewn together.
The next step is to add the finishing touches, such as buttons, zippers, or appliques. The last step is to inspect the garment to make sure it meets the quality standards.
There are a few different manufacturin g processes that can be used to start a Readymade Garments business. One option is to start by sewing garments by hand. This can be a fun and rewarding process but it may be difficult to scale up due to the time and labour involved.
Another option is to use a sewing machine, but this may require more upfront investment in equipment and training. Finally, there is also the option of using an online platform or app to create and sell garments.
This approach can be less expensive than starting from scratch but it may require more marketing knowledge and effort to maintain customer engagement.
It is important to choose the right process for your business based on its unique features and capabilities.
When starting a Readymade Garments business, it is important to find a trusted and quality supplier. There are many online resources that can help you find a reputable supplier.
You can also speak with other entrepreneurs in your industry to get referrals. Once you have identified a supplier, it is important to evaluate their quality and workmanship.
Make sure that the materials they provide meet your standards and are of high quality. Finally, be sure to contractually specify all of the details related to the production process such as delivery times and pricing.
Read Article How to start a business in India?
The first step in starting a Readymade Garments business is to determine the type of garment you would like to create. There are many types of garments that can be made from scratch such as dresses, skirts, blouses, and tops.
You can also create more specialized garments such as maternity clothes or pet clothes. Once you have determined the type of garment you would like to make, the next step is to decide how much time and money you are willing to invest in this venture.
If you’re in the garment business then sourcing materials and trims is a crucial part of your business.
You need to make sure you’re getting the best quality materials and trims for your garments so that they last long and look good. You also need to be able to source materials and trims at a good price so that you can stay competitive.
There are a few things you need to keep in mind when sourcing materials and trims. These include quality, price, and availability of different materials.
When starting a Readymade Garments business, it is important to source materials and trim carefully. Not all fabrics and trims are appropriate for a Readymade Garments business so it is important to research which materials and trims are best suited for your specific venture.
There are many online resources that can help you find the right materials and trim for your business.
In order to set up a readymade garments business, you will need to have a strong business plan. You will need to research the local and national market along with your competition, and target audience.
You will also need to have a strong understanding of the Garments manufacturing process. Once you have all of this information then you will be ready to start your business.
Creating a production plan is essential for any business looking to start a Readymade Garments business. Without a plan, it will be difficult to know how much material to order, when to order it, and where to get the necessary supplies.
Additionally, a production plan will help you track your progress and make adjustments as needed.
There are a few things you’ll need to set up your business before you can start selling your Readymade Garments. First, you’ll need a business licence from your local government.
You’ll also need to create a business plan and register with the state department of commerce. Finally, you’ll need to find customers and market your products.
There are a few things you’ll need to do in order to market your readymade garments business. You’ll need to create a logo, develop a marketing plan, and find customers.
Creating a logo is the first step in marketing your business. A good logo will help you identify your business and make it more memorable. You’ll also want to develop a marketing plan in order to target your market and create awareness for your business.
You’ll need to find customers who are interested in what you have to offer. Once you’ve developed a strategy and targeted your market, the next step is to sell your garment products .
Marketing your Readymade Garments Business is all about creating a brand that people can trust. It’s so important to be consistent in your messaging and to make sure that your branding is on point.
You need to make sure that your ecommerce Readymade Garments store is optimised for search engines and that your social media platforms are active and engaging. You also need to make sure that you’re using productive marketing strategies to reach your local target customers.
Starting a Readymade Garments business can be a daunting task, but with the proper planning and execution, it can be an exciting and rewarding experience.
A business plan is essential for any small business, and for a Readymade Garments business in particular. It will help you map out your goals, assess your strengths and weaknesses, and create a strategy for success.
There are many resources available to help you create a successful plan, including online tools and books. Start by assessing your current situation and what you hope to achieve with this new venture.
Then develop specific objectives and strategies to achieve them. Finally, make sure you have the funding necessary to get started in readymade garments business.
Once you have completed your readymade garments business plan, put it into action by setting realistic goals and working diligently to achieve them. If you follow these steps, you are sure to enjoy a successful Readymade Garments business.
- Clothing store
- Online store
- Custom made clothing
- Wholesale garments
- Retail garments
- You can get started with little investment
- You have the potential to make a lot of money
- You can reach a global market
- You can set your own hours
- You can work from home
- Low quality products
- Late delivery
- Difficult to find reliable suppliers
- Issues with copyright and trademark
- Lack of control over the manufacturing process
There are many ecommerce marketplaces that allow you to sell your handmade garments. Some popular options include Paytm, Flipkart, Ajio, Etsy, Amazon FBA, and eBay. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages so it’s important to choose the right ecommerce marketplace for your business.
1. Etsy Ecommerce Marketplace For Readymade Garments Sellers
It is a great option if you have a large following of buyers who are interested in your style of garments. It’s also great for small businesses because it has a wide selection of vendors and allows you to set your own prices. Etsy can be more difficult to manage than other marketplaces because you need to create an account, create listings, and track sales.
2. Amazon FBA Ecommerce Marketplace For Readymade Garments Sellers
It is perfect for businesses with a limited budget or who want to outsource some of their manufacturing. It’s a great option for businesses with high demand because it allows you to sell products through Amazon’s massive online marketplace. Amazon FBA is more difficult to set up than Etsy and requires more time and effort to maintain your inventory.
3. EBay Ecommerce Marketplace For Readymade Garments Sellers
It is a great option if you have a limited budget or no desire to outsource any of your manufacturing. It’s also great for businesses with high demand because it has a large selection of buyers and sellers. EBay can be more difficult to set up than other marketplaces and requires more time and effort to maintain your inventory.
4. Flipkart Ecommerce Marketplace For Readymade Garments Sellers
You can sell readymade garments on Flipkart by creating a flipkart seller account and listing your products in the inventory.
To create a flipkart seller account, you will need to provide your personal details, business details, and bank account details. Once your account is created then you can start listing your readymade garment products.
You will also need to provide a good product description, product images, Bullet points, and product price. You can also offer discounts on your garments products to attract flipkart buyers.
5. Paytm Ecommerce Marketplace For Readymade Garments Sellers
You can sell Readymade Garments on paytm e-commerce marketplace. You can list your garment products on the seller central website and promote your products to their huge customer base.
Paytm is a great platform for selling garment products and you can reach a wide audience with your garment products.
You can start a readymade garments business on your own ecommerce store or list the products on ecommerce marketplaces.
Follow the necessary steps of business registration. List your products on websites like Amazon and Flipkart.
Look for the best production location and then set up your business for bulk manufacturing garments products.
You can start promotion and advertising campaigns on ecommerce marketplace to increase your garment business.
You need to have a gst number and iec number in order to start readymade garments export business in india.
There are ecommerce websites like Amazon, Flipkart, Paytm, Ajio. on which you can sell your garment products to a larger audience.
You can refer to the hindi guide for garment business in hindi.
You can start a small manufacturing plant in order to start readymade garments business in India with minimum investment.
Leave a Comment Cancel Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
- Amazon Account Suspended
- Amazon Seller Registration
- Amazon Branded content
- C-407, Sangath 2, Near Motera Stadium, Sabarmati, Ahmedabad 380005
- [email protected]
© 2021 Mohit Ecommerce. All Rights Reserved
- Terms & Conditions
Garment Manufacturing Business Plan [Sample Template]
By: Author Tony Martins Ajaero
Home » Business Plans » Fashion & Style
Are you about starting a ready-made garment factory? If YES, here is a complete sample ready-made garment business plan template & feasibility report you can use for FREE .
Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting a ready-made garment company. We also took it further by analyzing and drafting a sample ready-made garment marketing plan template backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for ready-made garment factories. So let’s proceed to the business planning section .
One very good business that is evergreen and remains profitable is the ready – made garment business. Ready-made garments are mass – produced finished textile products of the clothing industry. Ready-made garments are not custom tailored according to measurements, but rather generalized according to anthropometric studies. They are made from many different fabrics and yarns.
Players in the clothes manufacturing industry and related businesses thrive on creativity, branding (media hype) and good marketing. They ensure that they work with the comprehensive data/measurement of a specific region they intend marketing their garments.
No doubt, starting a ready-made garment factory business is capital intensive and you are going to be confronted with competition from all across the globe hence the need to carry out thorough market survey and feasibility studies before venturing into the business.
As a matter of fact, a good number of American investors who have stakes in the industry prefer to situate their production factory in Bangladesh or Thailand. This is due to the fact that they can easily access cheap raw materials and labor plus favorable government policies.
If you are interested in starting a ready-made garment factory, here is a sample ready-made garment factory business plan template that can help you to successfully write yours with little or no difficulty.
A Sample Ready-Made Garment Manufacturing Business Plan Template
1. industry overview.
Players in the Global Ready-Made Garment manufacturing industry produce men, women and children’s apparel. The industry includes manufacturers that purchase fabrics and those that manufacture the fabrics themselves and have fixed operational facilities.
If you observe trends in the Global Ready-Made Garment Manufacturing industry, you will agree that the industry has greatly benefited from an increasing number of consumers choosing to purchase more garments at lesser prices. In few of that, the revenue in this industry is expected rise going forward.
Rising disposable income levels across both developed and emerging economies are expected to be the main driving force behind the industry’s renewed growth. Continually improving global economic conditions are anticipated to benefit the industry over the five years to 2022.
Rising per capita disposable income, coupled with the steady upward trend in the global population, will give way to rising demand for ready-made garment.
The Global Ready-Made Garment Manufacturing industry is indeed a major sector of the economy of the world and the industry generates over $696 billion annually from more than 284,571 ready-made garment manufacturing companies scattered all around the world.
The industry is responsible for the employment of over 11.6 million people. Experts project the ready – made garment manufacturing industry to grow at a 4.5 percent annual rate. Please note that there is no single company that can boast of having a lion share of the available market in this industry.
Research shows that the hurdles to enter into the Global Ready-Made Garment Manufacturing industry are lower in countries like China, Bangladesh and Vietnam.
Governments and companies in these countries actively seek foreign investment to develop the industry and exploit the comparative advantage they have over more developed nations. Industry operators in these countries also have greater access to less costly labor.
On the other hand, it can be costly to acquire capital equipment and machinery to manufacture apparel on a large scale. Companies from developed countries looking to manufacture have to compete with low – cost countries and large multinational companies that have the capability to set up manufacturing operations overseas.
Over and above, the Global Ready-Made Garment Manufacturing industry is a profitable industry and it is open for any aspiring entrepreneur to come in and establish his or her business; you don’t necessarily need to situate your factory in the united states of America if the indices do not favor you. You can take your factory to Bangladesh or elsewhere in Asia or even Africa and South America.
2. Executive Summary
Harrison Cage™ Apparels, Inc. is an international ready-made garment manufacturing company with its administrative and marketing offices located in Austin – Texas and production factory located in Bangladesh. We have been able to secure a large warehouse in a strategic area in Bangladesh that will be converted to our factory. We were able to out rightly buy over the facility with the help of our bank.
Harrison Cage™ Apparels, Inc. will be involved in the mass – production of ready – made garments like Outer clothing (work wear and uniform, leisure wear, sportswear, suits, pants, dresses, ladies’ suits, blouse, blazers, jackets, cardigans, pullovers, coats, sports jackets, skirts, shirts (short- or long-sleeved), ties, jeans, shorts, T-shirts, polo shirts, sports shirts, tracksuits, bathing shorts, bathing suits, bikinis etc.) and Underclothing/Underwear – lingerie (e.g. underpants, undershirts, briefs, socks, stockings, and pantyhose).
Our business goal is to become one of the leading ready-made garment manufacturing companies in the United States and we will make sure that every apparel that leaves our factory can favorably compete with the best brands in the industry.
Our workers are going to be selected from a pool of talented clothes designers, and garment factory workers in and around Austin – Texas, Bangladesh and also from any part of the world as the business grows.
We will make sure that we take all the members of our workforce through the required trainings that will position them to meet the expectation of the company and to compete with leading ready-made garment manufacturing companies in the United States.
We have put plans in place to build a state of the art factory in Bangladesh, which is why we have entered into agreement with some manufacturers of sewing machines to produce customized sewing machines for us that will give us the quality of garments that we want to be known for. Our factory will be well equipped and we will ensure that we follow the trend in the industry.
Harrison Cage™ Apparels, Inc. will manufacture high quality garments for both the high – end customers and also for low income earners; we want to become one of the people’s choice where ever our clothes are put up for sale. Apart from mass production of ready-made garments, we will also be engaged in the customized production of clothes for customers based on their demands.
We are quite aware that there are some clients such as sporting clubs, political parties, schools, churches and organizations that would need quality customized T – shirts for specific purposes and we are well prepared to deliver as requested.
Harrison Cage™ Apparels, Inc. is owned by Harrison Cage and his immediate family members. He is an American fashion enthusiast with over one and half decades worth of experience in the fashion industry. He will occupy the position of the chief executive officer (CEO)/President of the organization.
Harrison Cage has a Degree in Fashion Designing from New York School of Fashion and also an MBA from Harvard Business School. He is a well – respected figure in the fashion industry. Prior to starting Harrison Cage™ Apparels, he was the creative director of one of the world’s leading fashion labels that is based in Paris – France.
3. Our Products and Services
Harrison Cage™ Apparels, Inc. is established with the aim of producing high quality and highly fashionable ready – made garments for men, women, young adults and children. We know that quality is a key factor that will help us sell our brand which is why we have put in place a competent quality assurance team that will ensure that all our clothes meet and even surpass our customers’ expectations.
We will work hard to ensure that Harrison Cage™ Apparels, Inc. is not just accepted nationally in the United States of America, but also in other parts of the world. Here are the products we will be manufacturing;
- Coats and winter clothes
- Suits for men and women
- Leisure clothes
- Children’s and baby clothes
- Work and ethnic clothes
4. Our Mission and Vision Statement
- Our vision is to establish a ready-made garment manufacturing company whose products will not only be sold in the United States of America, but all across the globe.
- Our mission is to build a ready-made garment manufacturing company that will design and mass – produce high quality ready-made garments for male, female, young adults and children; a ready – made garment factory that will grow to command a good percentage of the available market share in the globe.
Our Business Structure
Harrison Cage™ Apparels intends competing favorably with leading ready-made garment manufacturing companies both in the United States and on a global stage.
We are aware of the importance of building a solid business structure that can support the picture of the kind of world class business we want to own. This is why we are committed to only hiring the best hands within our area of operations.
At Harrison Cage™ Apparels, Inc., we will ensure that we hire people that are qualified, hardworking, customer centric and are ready to work to help us build a prosperous business that will benefit all our stakeholders (the owners, workforce, and customers).
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our senior management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of five years or more as agreed by the board of trustees of the company. In view of the above, we have decided to hire qualified and competent hands to occupy the following positions;
Chief Executive Officer (Owner), General Manager, Human Resources and Admin Manager, Sales and Marketing Executive, Accountant, Fashion Designers (With Bias in corporate and casual clothes), Quality Control Officer, Tailors, and Factory Workers.
5. Job Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer – CEO:
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions.
- Creates, communicates, and implements the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Accountable for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Reports to the board
- Develops strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.
- Accomplishes subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Coordinates efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with corporate staff.
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Responsible for supervising all the employees
- Ensures that the organization operates within stipulated budget.
Human Resources and Admin Manager
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Regularly hold meetings with key stakeholders to review the effectiveness of HR Policies, Procedures and Processes
- Maintains office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products.
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Responsible for arranging travel, meetings and appointments
- Oversees the smooth running of the daily office activities.
Sales and Marketing Manager
- Manages external research and coordinates all the internal sources of information to retain the organizations’ best customers and attract new ones
- Models demographic information and analyzes the volumes of transactional data generated by customer purchases
- Identifies, prioritizes, and reaches out to new partners, and business opportunities et al
- Identifies development opportunities; follows up on development leads and contacts; participates in the structuring and financing of projects; assures the completion of development projects.
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
- Develops, executes and evaluates new plans for expanding sales
- Documents all customer contact and information
- Helps to increase sales and growth for the company
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managements with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports; analyzes financial feasibility for the most complex proposed projects.
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensures compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for the organization
- Serves as internal auditor for the organization
- Responsible for designing clothes to meet the latest trend
- Stays abreast of the dynamics in the fashion industry with key interest in corporate and casual clothes
- Researches and advice the organization on style, size, anthropometric studies and other trendy fashion statements.
Quality Control Officer
- Ensures that all the corporate and casual ready – made garments in our production line meets the required quality before they are released in the market
- Makes certain that production and manufacturing lines perform efficiently, coordinate employee efforts, and facilitate communication between management and production departments.
- Devises ways of improving the manufacturing process to ensure higher-quality and durable garments
- Ensures that manufacturing production lines run smoothly and generate a consistently suitable output for their employers
- Ensures that the organization work in line with international best practices
- Handles any other responsibility as assigned by the general manager
Tailors (Industrial Sewing Machine Operators)
- Responsible for sewing corporate and casual clothes as instructed by the supervisor / fashion designer
- Handles any other duty as assigned by the general manager
- Responsible for ironing and packaging apparels
- Responsible for movement of equipment and raw materials as required
- Cleans both the interior and exterior of the factory, machines and other equipment
- Handle any other duty as assigned by the general/floor manager.
6. SWOT Analysis
Harrison Cage™ Apparels, Inc. plans to build a world class ready – made garments factory that will manufacture a wide range of garments for men, women, young adult and children. We will be based in Austin Texas with our factory located in Bangladesh, but we will not restrict the sale of our clothes to the U.S market alone, we will sell our ready – made garments in other parts of the world.
In other to achieve this in a highly competitive industry like this, we must ensure that we look through our strengths, weaknesses, the opportunities available in the industry and the threats that we will are likely going to face.
Because of the nature of the business we are involved in and the brand we want to build, we hired the services of an HR and Business consultant with bias in fashion and retailing to help us conduct a thorough SWOT analysis and to help us create a Business model that will help us achieve our business goals and objectives.
Here is the summary of the SWOT analysis that was conducted for Harrison Cage™ Apparels, Inc.;
Our strength lies in the high quality of our finished garments, the power of our team and our state of the art and well – equipped factory.
We have a team of highly trained tailors and support staff members that can produce top notch ready – made garments. We are well positioned in the heart of Austin – Texas and we know we will attract loads of clients from the first day we push our ready – made garments into the market.
A major weakness that may count against us is the fact that we are a new garments manufacturing company and we don’t have the financial capacity to compete with multi – billion dollar garment manufacturing companies when it comes to manufacturing at rock bottom prices.
So also, we may not have enough cash reserve to promote our ready – made garments manufacturing company the way we would want to, especially when it comes to signing first – class celebrities to model for us.
One thing is certain, whether good or bad, people will always look for clothes to wear and they usually go for casual clothes because it is cheap. So, the opportunity for ready – made garment manufacturers to sell their apparels is massive and we hope to leverage on these opportunities to sell our ready – made apparels.
Just like any other business, one of the major threats that we are likely going to face is economic downturn. It is a fact that economic downturn affects purchasing power. Another threat that may likely confront us is the arrival of a new ready – made garments manufacturing company in same location where our target market exists who may want to adopt same business model like us.
7. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
In recent time, the clothing industry relies more on mass market sales for them to make the kind of income that will sustain the business. The mass market takes care of a wide range of customers that cuts across both the rich and the poor.
Most of the new clothing lines that are trying to catch up with the market ensures that they produce ready-to-wear clothes using trends set by leading fashion labels.
What they do is that they try to see the direction of the trend as established by renowned fashion brands before producing their own versions of the original look by making use of cheaper fabrics and simpler production processes which can easily be done by machines.
They can comfortably sell such product at a cheaper price to the masses who can’t afford to buy the original which is often way too expensive.
Clothes manufacturers now leverage on the runway – fashion expo to promote and attract market for their products. Any fashion designer who is recognized in Paris, Milan, New York City, or London can comfortably become a global recognized fashion label.
Small startup garment manufacturing companies leverage on small markets such as companies, churches, schools, organized groups and sport fans to sell their clothes. These group of people can order large quantities of customized clothes for special purposes.
For example, a political party may enter into a business deal with a ready – made garments manufacturing company to help them mass – produce shirts to be used by their supporters during political rallies and campaigns.
8. Our Target Market
When it comes to selling ready – made garments, there is indeed a wide range of available customers. In essence, our target market can’t be restricted to just a group of people, but all those who reside in the locations where we intend retailing our ready – made apparels.
Despite the fact that Harrison Cage™ Apparels, Inc. will start operation from a single factory in Bangladesh, we have a holistic view of the kind of business we want to build; we want to grow to the level where we will build factories in Thailand and China.
Our clothes is going to be designed to penetrate not just the United States market, but also the world’s clothing industry.
We want people from all walks of life across the globe to someday put on our garments; we want to see our clothes being worn in Paris, in London, in Tokyo, in Lagos, in Madrid, in Johannesburg, in Bueno Aries, in Sao Paulo, in Port Elizabeth, in Dubai and all over the world. We are in business to retail our ready – made garments to the following groups of people;
- Businesses and Corporate Organizations
- Every adult that resides within the locations where our clothes will be retailed
Our Competitive Advantage
A close study of the global ready – made garment manufacturing industry reveals that the market has become much more intensely competitive over the last decade. As a matter of fact, you have to be highly creative, customer centric and proactive if you must survive in this industry.
We are aware of the competition and we are prepared to compete favorably with other garment manufacturing companies both in the United States of America and other part of the world.
Another competitive advantage for Harrison Cage™ Apparels, Inc. is the quality and robust wealth of experience of its management team. Our management team comprises of professionals who have worked with some of the leading international brands in the ready – made garments industry.
Our latest machines and equipment also count towards our advantage especially when it comes to competing with other clothes manufacturing companies within the same category that we operate. The quality of every apparel that comes out of our production line must be certified OK before they are released to the market.
Lastly, our employees will be well taken care of, and their welfare package will be among the best within our category in the industry, meaning that they will be more than willing to build the business with us and help deliver our set goals and achieve all our aims and objectives.
We will also give good working conditions and commissions to freelance sales agents that we will recruit from time to time.
9. SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Sources of Income
Harrison Cage™ Apparels, Inc. is in business to retail a wide range of ready – made garments in the United States and other countries of the world. We are in the industry to maximize profits and we are going to go all the way out to ensure that we achieve or business goals and objectives. Our source of income will be the manufacturing and retailing of a wide range of;
- Outer clothing (work wear and uniform, leisure wear, sportswear, suits, pants, dresses, ladies’ suits, blouse, blazers, jackets, cardigans, pullovers, coats, sports jackets, skirts, shirts (short- or long-sleeved), ties, jeans, shorts, T-shirts, polo shirts, sports shirts, tracksuits, bathing shorts, bathing suits, bikinis etc.)
- Underclothing/Underwear – lingerie (e.g. underpants, undershirts, briefs, socks, stockings, and pantyhose).
10. Sales Forecast
One thing is certain when it comes to the ready – made garments manufacturing business, if you manufacture a wide range of garments, you will always attract customers cum sales and that will sure translate to increase in revenue for the business.
We are well positioned to take on the available market in and around Austin – Texas and we are quite optimistic that we will meet our set target of generating enough income from the first six month of operations. Below is the sales projection for Harrison Cage™ Apparels, Inc., it is based on the location of our business and other factors as it relates to garments manufacturing company startups in the United States;
- First Fiscal Year: $550,000
- Second Fiscal Year: $950,000
- Third Fiscal Year: $1.5 Million
N.B : This projection was done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any major economic meltdown and there won’t be any major competitor producing same designs as we do within same location where our market exists. Please note that the above projection might be lower and at the same time it might be higher.
- Marketing Strategy and Sales Strategy
Before choosing a location for Harrison Cage™ Apparels, Inc., we conducted a thorough market survey and feasibility studies in order for us to be able to penetrate the available and become the preferred garment choice. We have detailed information and data that we were able to utilize to structure our business to attract the number of customers we want to attract per time.
We hired experts who have good understanding of the ready – made garments manufacturing industry to help us develop marketing strategies that will help us achieve our business goal of winning a larger percentage of the available market in the United States of America and the world.
In summary, Harrison Cage™ Apparels, Inc. will adopt the following sales and marketing approach to win customers over;
- Introduce our clothing label by sending introductory letters to schools, corporate organizations, political parties, groups, and other establishments.
- Attend fashion expos in the U.S and in other parts of the world
- Organize our own fashion show in order for us to display our designs
- Advertise our clothing label in newspapers, TV and radio stations
- Canvass celebrities to wear and help us promote our clothing label
- List our business on yellow pages ads
- Leverage on the internet to promote our business
- Engage in direct marketing
- Leverage on word of mouth marketing (referrals)
11. Publicity and Advertising Strategy
Beyond every reasonable doubt, the media plays a very big role when it comes to helping a clothing labels gain international significance.
The social media also plays an important role in modern day fashion advertisement; it gives clothing labels the ability to reach out to a wide range of customers all over the world within a short period of time and of course at a very cheaper price when compared to other advertising platforms.
Any player in the global garment manufacturing industry that wants to take on the market must be deliberate when it comes to building brand awareness and credibility. Most often than not, big clothing labels ensure that they create great hype whenever they are about to release any design from their stable.
Social media such as blogs, podcasts, photo and video sharing sites are some of the tools fashion designers leverage on to promote their labels.
Some of the preferred social media platforms that are used in the fashion industry are Instagram, Tumblr, WordPress, Facebook, twitter, YouTube and other sharing sites. Here are the platforms we intend leveraging on to promote and advertise Harrison Cage™ Apparels, Inc.;
- Place adverts on both print (newspapers and fashion magazines) and electronic (radio and TV) media platforms
- Sponsor relevant community programs like school fashion shows et al
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like Instagram, Tumblr, WordPress, Facebook, twitter, YouTube and other sharing sites to promote our brand
- Attend local and intentional fashion expos
- Organize our own fashion show
- Promote our clothing label on our own official websites and online fashion community
- Build relationship with celebrities especially in the entertainment industry
12. Our Pricing Strategy
The prices for all our corporate and casual ready – made apparels will be affordable and at the same time competitive with what is obtainable in the global ready – made garments manufacturing industry.
- Payment Options
The payment policy adopted by Harrison Cage™ Apparels, Inc. is all inclusive because we are quite aware that different customers prefer different payment options as it suits them but at the same time, we will ensure that we abide by the financial rules and regulation of the United States of America.
Here are the payment options that Harrison Cage™ Apparels, Inc. will make available to her clients;
- Payment via bank transfer
- Payment via credit cards/Point of Sale Machines (POS Machines)
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via check
- Payment via mobile money transfer
- Payment via bank draft
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will enable our clients make payment for ready – made garments purchased without any stress on their part. Our bank account numbers will be made available on our website and promotional materials to clients who may want to deposit cash or make online transfers.
13. Startup Expenditure (Budget)
In setting up any business, the amount or cost will depend on the approach and scale you want to undertake. If you intend to go big by renting a place, then you would need a good amount of capital as you would need to ensure that your employees are well taken care of, and that your facility is conducive enough for workers to be productive.
The machines and equipment that will be used are nearly the same cost everywhere, and any difference in prices would be minimal and can be overlooked. As for the detailed cost analysis for starting a cloth manufacturing business; it might differ in other countries due to the value of their money.
These are the key areas where we will spend our startup capital;
- The total fee for registering the business in the United States of America – $750.
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits as well as the accounting services (software, P.O.S machines and other software) – $3,300.
- Marketing promotion expenses for the grand opening of Harrison Cage™ Apparels, Inc. in the amount of $3,500 and as well as flyer printing (2,000 flyers at $0.04 per copy) for the total amount of $3,580.
- The total cost for hiring business consultant – $2,500.
- The total cost for the purchase of insurance (general liability, workers’ compensation and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – $2,400.
- The cost for payment of lease for manufacturing factory for 24 months – $350,000
- Factory remodeling (construction of racks and shelves) – $20,000
- The amount required for the purchase of industrial sewing machines and clothes making tools – $200,000
- Other start-up expenses including stationery ( $500 ) and phone and utility deposits ( $2,500 ).
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $250,000
- The cost for start-up inventory – $100,000
- The cost for store equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signage) – $13,750
- The cost of purchase and installation of CCTVs – $5,000
- The cost for the purchase of furniture and gadgets (Computers, Printers, Telephone, TVs, Sound System, tables and chairs et al) – $4,000.
- The cost of launching a website – $600
- The cost for our opening party – $5,000
- Miscellaneous – $5,000
We would need an estimate of $2.5 million to successfully set up our ready-made garment manufacturing factory.
Generating Startup Capital for Harrison Cage™ Apparels, Inc.
Harrison Cage™ Apparels, Inc. is a family business that is solely owned and financed by Harrison Cage and his immediate family members. They do not intend to welcome any external business partners which is why he has decided to restrict the sourcing of the startup capital to 3 major sources.
- Generate part of the start – up capital from personal savings
- Source for soft loans from family members and friends
- Apply for loan from my Bank
N.B: We have been able to generate about $500,000 ( Personal savings $400,000 and soft loan from family members $100,000 ) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $2 million from our bank. All the papers and documents have been signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited with the amount.
14. Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
One of our major goals of starting Harrison Cage™ Apparels, Inc. is to build a business that will survive off its own cash flow without injecting finance from external sources once the business is officially running.
We know that one of the ways of gaining approval and winning customers over is to retail our ready – made garments a little bit cheaper than what is obtainable in the market and we are well prepared to survive on lower profit margin for a while.
Harrison Cage™ Apparels, Inc. will make sure that the right foundation, structures and processes are put in place to ensure that our staff welfare are well taken of. Our company’s corporate culture is designed to drive our business to greater heights and training and retraining of our workforce is at the top burner.
We know that if that is put in place, we will be able to successfully hire and retain the best hands we can get in the industry; they will be more committed to help us build the business of our dreams.
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Registration: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts: Completed
- Securing Point of Sales (POS) Machines: Completed
- Opening Mobile Money Accounts: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Leasing of facility and remodeling the factory and office: In Progress
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating capital from family members: Completed
- Applications for Loan from the bank: In Progress
- Writing of Business Plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents and other relevant Legal Documents: In Progress
- Design of The Company’s Logo: Completed
- Graphic Designs and Printing of Packaging Marketing / Promotional Materials: In Progress
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Purchase of industrial sewing machines and sewing equipment / tools: In Progress
- Purchase of the needed furniture, racks, shelves, computers, electronic appliances, office appliances and CCTV: In progress
- Creating Official Website for the Company: In Progress
- Creating Awareness for the business both online and around the community: In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement (License): Secured
- Opening party/launching party planning: In Progress
- Compilation of our list of ready – made garments that we will be producing: Completed
- Establishing business relationship with vendors – suppliers of textile (fabrics), sewing accessories and related merchandize, clothes wholesalers and other stake holders: In Progress
- Clothing Line Business Plan [Sample Template]
- Tshirt Design and Sales Business Plan [Sample Template]
- Jewelry Making Business Plan [Sample Template]
- Clothing Store / Boutique Business Plan [Sample Template]
- Bridal Shop Business Plan [Sample Template]
- Baby Clothing Store Business Plan [Sample Template]
- Fashion Designer Business Plan [Sample Template]