Upmetrics AI Assistant: Simplifying Business Planning through AI-Powered Insights. Learn How
Financial forecasting, ai assistance, see how upmetrics works →, strategic planning, entrepreneurs & small business, accelerators & incubators, business consultants & advisors, educators & business schools, students & scholars.
- Sample Plans
Business Plan Course
Strategic canvas templates, e-books, guides & more.
- WHY UPMETRICS?
Customers Success Stories
- Sample Business Plans
- Construction, Architecture & Engineering
Construction Company Business Plan
If you have the right knowledge and skills for getting into construction, you might have thought of starting your own construction business at least once.
After all, having your business can give you authority and the freedom to work with your dream clients and it is a lucrative business for sure.
But at the same time starting and running a construction company is no mean feat and takes a lot of work and accountability.
So, to help you through your daily business activities and long-term business goals you’ll need a construction company business plan . A business plan makes your life easier and lets you focus on what really matters in your business.
The US construction industry stood at a market value of 1.36 trillion dollars in 2020 and was expected to decline in 2021. But instead, it experienced a wave of recovery and continues to grow even now.
The major reason for the growth of the construction sector is the resumption of construction projects, be they residential or commercial. Also, new projects keep coming up due to the rapid urbanization and increasing need for space all around the country.
However, before you dive right into it, you should plan it, down to the last detail. A business plan would help you in avoiding roadblocks and failures. It would act as a guide that would help your company rise as high as the skyscrapers you build.
If the above idea sounds interesting, read on to find out how a business plan can help you and how to write a construction company business plan.
Things to Consider Before Writing a Construction Company Business Plan
Get the necessary licenses and permits.
A construction business requires several permits depending upon the state you are working in and a few documents that are common all over the country. The main reason behind this is the nature of the work that requires proper attention to safety requirements.
Figure out the safety requirements
Get the right workforce and equipment, know your target audience, how can a construction business plan help you.
Though you might believe that having the right knowledge of equipment and personnel is the only thing important for running a construction business, good business practices and a proper business plan are equally important.
A business plan can help you in planning your finances, organizing your business structure, having a hassle-free operational strategy, and knowing your customers better. All in all, it can make your life less chaotic and run your business smoother and easier.
So if you want to conduct your business smoothly, read on to find out how to write a business plan.
Write Your Business Plan
A good construction business plan consists of several different aspects that are common to all business plans and several that are specific to a construction business.
And though writing a business plan might seem like a time-consuming process initially, it can save you a lot of time and trouble later on. To write a well-rounded business plan you can either use a premade template or an online business plan software, that would help you write a flexible and dynamic plan.
Before you start writing your business plan for your new construction company, spend as much time as you can reading through some samples of real estate business plan templates .
Our sample construction company business plan can help you with writing a well-rounded business plan for your business. It can act as a guide and prevent you from getting stuck in a certain section for too long.
Construction business plan outline
This is the standard construction company business plan outline which will cover all important sections that you should include in your business plan.
- Mission Statement
- Management and Personnel
- Business Overview
- Industry Analysis
- Market Trends
- Business Fit in the Industry
- Management and Organizational
- Hiring Plan
- Risk Management
- Accounts Payable
- Description of Product and Services
- Life Cycles/Seasonality
- Price/Quality Relationship
- Promotional Strategies
- Projected Profit and Loss
- Projected Cash Flow
- Projected Balance Sheet
What to Include in a Construction Business Plan?
A good construction business plan consists of several sections, the major ones are as follows:
1. Executive Summary
The executive summary section forms the first page of your business plan and is the most important one to get you funded.
It consists of an overview of all the major sections of your business plan and a good executive summary would help you win an investor’s confidence and get your business funded.
It summarises the following sections:
2. Mission Statement
A clear and concise mission statement helps your clients resonate with your company and business idea. It gives out a clear message of what values you stand for as a company. Hence, writing a good mission statement is important for the success of your business.
It would consist of the following sub-segments:
- Goals and objectives
3. Market Analysis
Analyzing the market comes in handy while making several business decisions as it helps you in knowing the market and the industry better. It helps you in understanding the pitfalls of your business, its strengths as well as what your competitors are doing.
It would consist of the following subsections:
- Market Segmentation
4. Management and Organizational Structure
This section would include details about your company’s organizational structure as well as the levels of management of your firm. You must also include your firm’s work as well as the roles and responsibilities of your team members in this segment.
For example, you should include which person is responsible for onboarding clients, who are responsible for dealing with architects and hiring construction workers, who are responsible for overlooking the construction process, etc.
- Organizational Management
- Record keeping
- Risk management
- Hiring plan
5. Marketing Plan
A good marketing strategy makes you memorable for your clients. It helps you reach out to your target audience , creates a brand image, and makes you stand out from your competitors.
A well-rounded marketing plan consists of the following sub-segments:
- Description of services
- Marketing strategy
- Advertising strategy
- Sales strategy
6. Financial Plan
A good financial plan is key to running a successful and profitable business. One cannot emphasize enough on planning your finances in the initial stages of your business, it helps you immensely as your business experiences growth or setbacks.
A financial plan decides the measure of your business’s success, and a good one consists of the following aspects:
- Projected profit and loss
- Projected balance sheet
- Projected cash flow
Construction Business Plan Summary
In conclusion, a good business plan can help your construction company prosper. It can help you deal with all the hiccups your business goes through and set out a clear road map for your business journey. So, if you want to start a construction company go ahead and start planning.
After getting started with Upmetrics , you can copy this construction business plan example into your business plan and modify the required information and download your construction company business plan pdf or doc file. It’s the fastest and easiest way to start writing your business plan.
Business Planning Guide & Resources
We have plenty of free business planning resources available to help you with your planning. You can download our resources to learn all about business planning.
Plan your business in the shortest time possible
No Risk – Cancel at Any Time – 15 Day Money Back Guarantee
Ready to kickstart your business planning.
– Don’t Miss It
Please fill out the form below and we'll contact you shortly.
Download Your Template Now
Construction Business Plan Template
Construction business plan.
You’ve come to the right place to create your construction business plan.
We have helped over 100,000 entrepreneurs and business owners create business plans and many have used them to start or grow their construction companies.
Sample Construction Business Plan Outline
Below is a construction business plan example to help you create each section of your own construction business plan:
VB Residential Construction Company is a startup construction company located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The company is founded by two cousins, Victor Martinez and Ben Schmidt. Together they have over 20 years of experience in constructing homes from design concept, remodeling and renovating homes. They are highly skilled in all aspects of construction and have garnered a positive reputation in the local construction community for their ethical practices and competitive skill set. Now that Victor and Ben have an extensive network of clients and contacts, they have decided to begin their own residential construction company.
The following are the services that VB Residential Construction Company will provide:
- Custom home building/design build
- Home remodeling and renovation
- Project Management
- Kitchen and bath construction
VB Residential Construction Company will target those individuals and industry professionals requiring home construction services in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Those individuals are landowners looking to develop homes on their lots, architects who have clients needing homes built, developers who have the vision but need a company to make it a reality, and households needing home remodeling services.
VB Residential Construction Company will be led by Victor Martinez and Ben Schmidt. Together they have over twenty years of construction experience, primarily in residential builds, remodeling, and renovation. They both started at a young age working and learning from their fathers. When they graduated from high school, their fathers got them jobs at the construction company they were employed at. The four family members worked together for ten years at the construction company. The fathers recently decided they were going to retire from the industry which prompted Victor and Ben to branch out on their own and start their own residential construction company.
VB Residential Construction Company will be able to achieve success by offering the following competitive advantages:
- Friendly and knowledgeable contractors who are able to take any project from concept to reality.
- Unbeatable pricing – Clients will receive the best pricing in town for services on any project while maintaining the best quality and customer satisfaction.
VB Residential Construction Company is seeking $200,000 in debt financing to launch its construction business. The funding will be dedicated towards securing a small office space, purchasing two trucks, and purchasing all the construction equipment and supplies. Funding will also be dedicated towards the advertising agency and three months of overhead costs to include payroll of the staff, rent, working capital, and monthly fees to the accounting and human resources firm. The breakout of the funding is below:
- Trucks: $40,000
- Construction equipment, supplies, and materials: $100,000
- Advertising agency in charge of promotions: $10,000
- Three months of overhead expenses (rent, payroll, HR and accounting firms): $40,000
- Working capital: $10,000
Who is vb residential construction company.
VB Residential Construction Company is a newly established contracting company located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Founded by cousins, Victor Martinez and Ben Schmidt, they have over 20 years experience in the construction industry. VB specializes in residential remodeling, kitchen and bath construction, as well as custom home building. VB Residential Construction Company also offers residential design, construction, and project management services. VB prides itself in delivering a level of expert craftsmanship to fulfill the vision for the client while exceeding expectations at exceptional value.
VB comes from the initials of the owners, Victor Martinez and Ben Schmidt, two cousins who have been working in the construction industry most of their lives. Both of their fathers spent decades as contractors and raised their sons working and learning the construction trade. The four have been working for another residential contractor in Milwaukee and have built and remodeled numerous homes for multiple builders and clients. Now that both of their fathers are retiring from the construction industry, Victor and Ben have decided to start their own residential construction company and use their years of experience, expertise, and contacts to be an independent residential contractor.
Since incorporation, VB Residential Construction Company has achieved the following milestones:
- Registered VB Residential Construction Company, LLC to transact business in the state of Wisconsin.
- Located a small office space to have a physical address for the company as well as a receptionist.
- Reached out to their numerous contacts to include real estate agents, developers, architects, and landowners to advise them on their upcoming construction company in order to start getting construction contracts.
- Began pricing out costs for trucks and necessary construction equipment.
- Began recruiting a team of contractors that cover different areas of construction to include mechanical, plumbing, electricians, and roofing.
The following will be the services VB Residential Construction Company will provide:
Revenue for the Construction industry is expected to continue growing over the five years as demand for new housing expands. Revenues are expected to reach $107 billion.
Relatively low interest rates, coupled with rising per capita disposable income, is expected to support individual investment in new homes, providing an opportunity for industry revenue growth over the next five years.
Per capita disposable income is expected to rise steadily over the next five years, while concurrently, unemployment will drop, proving favorable conditions for industry growth.
Housing starts are expected to rise an annualized 2.9% and this growth is projected to stem partly from forward-looking consumers that choose to purchase homes while interest rates are low. Relatively low housing stock and relatively low interest rates are expected to lead demand for industry services to increase over the next five years.
Demographic profile of target market.
The precise demographics for Milwaukee, Wisconsin are:
VB Residential Construction Company will primarily target the following customer profiles:
- Households in search of home remodeling services
- Landowners who would like to build homes on their lots
- Architects who have clients that need home building or remodeling services
- Developers who have already partnered with landowners and/or architects and are in search of a residential contractor
Direct and indirect competitors.
VB Residential Construction Company will face competition from other companies with similar business profiles. A description of each competitor company is below.
JM Remodeling has been in business in Milwaukee, Wisconsin since 1990. They are a full-service design and build company. JM Remodeling specializes in residential and commercial restoration and renovation including custom carpentry, kitchens, bathrooms, roofing, siding, dormers, additions, home gyms, home offices, porches and decks, and mechanical services. JM Remodeling carries a staff of plumbers, electricians, journeymen carpenters, restoration specialists, roofers, siders, sheet metal workers, and expert estimators. JM Remodeling also has an apprenticeship program to train employees within the company. They are licensed, bonded and insured and also part of the National Association of Remodeling Industry (NARI). JM Remodeling also provides warranties on all their services. The work is guaranteed by labor warranties, factory warranties, and extended warranties.
Cream City Construction
Cream City Construction has more than 50 years experience in home design, remodeling and renovation in the Greater Milwaukee area and Southeastern Wisconsin. The home remodeling services they provide are additions, whole house remodeling, kitchens, bathrooms, lower levels, master suites and historic renovations. Cream City Construction is a design build company that works with the client to create the design plans, generate project costs, and build the project.
Cream City Construction is owned and managed by Todd Badovski and Jim Grote. Together they have decades of experience and have spent years refining the skills required to run a high end, quality driven remodeling company. The majority of their projects come from repeat business or referrals from clients delighted with their previous service. Cream City Construction is also a member of the National Association of Remodeling Industry (NARI) as well as the Historic Milwaukee Incorporated.
Sazama Design Build Remodel, LLC
Former restaurant owner Don Sazama established Sazama Design Build Remodel, LLC in 1987 after becoming a Master Carpenter. He wanted to merge his passions of business and design and expand his skills in carpentry and architecture. Don’s firm has completed over 700 homes and won 11 awards from the Milwaukee Home and Living magazine. Sazama Design Build Remodel builds homes that are modern and luxurious and have completed many large remodels of bathroom and kitchen renovations. Sazama likes to collaborate with firms such as Ivy Interiors and an award-winning landscape designer, Gingko Leaf Studio. Sazama Design Build Remodel can build and design all aspects of a home – from a home office, outdoor entertaining area, serene spas, and inviting kitchens. The team at Sazama is able to do a historic renovation, build or renovate into something modern and posh, or keep it traditional.
VB Residential Construction Company will be able to offer the following advantages over their competition:
Brand & value proposition.
VB Residential Construction Company will offer the unique value proposition to its clientele:
- Highly trusted and professional contractors with over 20 years of experience remodeling, renovating, and building homes.
- Unbeatable pricing to its clients – VB Residential Construction Company does not mark up its services at a large percentage. They will offer the lowest prices in town.
The promotions strategy for VB Residential Construction Company is as follows:
Word of Mouth/Referrals
Victor and Ben have built up an extensive list of contacts over the years providing home construction services for numerous highly satisfied clients. Most of the clients are repeat customers and have also referred them to other associates for home projects. These referrals and repeat customers are very likely to use VB Residential Construction Company instead of the previous construction company Victor and Ben were employed at.
Professional Associations and Networking
VB Residential Construction Company will become a member of construction and professional associations such as the National Association of Remodeling Industry (NARI) and the Milwaukee Chamber of Commerce. VB will also become a member in associations where other builders, developers, and architects are a part of. They will focus their networking efforts on expanding their client network.
VB Residential Construction Company will invest in professionally designed print ads to display in programs or flyers at industry networking events. They will also invest in two billboards to display in highly trafficked areas of town.
VB Residential Construction Company will utilize the same advertising company that designed their print ads and billboards to also design their website. The website will be well organized, informative, and list all their services that VB is able to provide. The website will also list their contact information and a gallery of pictures that show their previous projects. The advertising company will also manage VB’s website presence with SEO marketing tactics so that anytime someone types in the Google or Bing search engine “Milwaukee residential contractor”, “contractor near me”, or “residential contractor near me”, VB Residential Construction Company will be listed at the top of the search results.
The pricing of VB Residential Construction Company will be moderate and on par with competitors so customers feel they receive value when purchasing their services.
The following will be the operations plan for VB Residential Construction Company.
- Victor Martinez and Ben Schmidt will be the owners and managers of the company. They will oversee all staff, contractors, and subcontractors. They will also act as project managers for every job they receive and handle all pricing and bids to the client.
- Victor and Ben will employ a team of contractors under them that will have an array of skill sets. The contractors will be trained and experienced either in plumbing, mechanical, electrical, roofing, or siding. Not all contractors need to be certified in all trades, but they need to be certified in at least one of the trades.
- Office manager/assistant to be located at the small office. This person will handle all incoming calls, assist with visiting clients, bookkeeping and maintain files.
- Victor and Ben will utilize a third-party human resources company to handle all hiring, onboarding, payroll, and benefits for the staff. The HR company will also handle all employee issues.
- Victor and Ben will also pay a third-party accounting firm to manage all the high level accounting and tax payments.
VB Residential Construction Company will have the following milestones complete in the next six months.
3/1/202X – Finalize contract to lease small office space
3/15/202X – Execute advertising agency contract 4/1/202X – Begin networking and placing bids for construction jobs
5/1/202X – Begin recruiting and hiring team of contractors
5/15/202X – Purchase all necessary construction equipment, supplies, and trucks
6/1/202X – Start on first official job as VB Residential Construction Company
Victor and Ben are highly skilled at project management and residential construction. They are also both certified in plumbing, electrical, and mechanical. In the next few years, they will be certified as Master Carpenters.
Key revenue & costs.
The revenue drivers for VB Residential Construction Company are the upcharge they will charge to the clients for their services. VB will purchase or subcontract a service at cost and will charge a 15% markup in order to obtain the markup fee. 15% is below the normal 25%-30% that other competing residential contractors charge.
The cost drivers will be the overhead costs required in order to maintain a construction company. The expenses will be the costs to purchase and maintain construction equipment and trucks, payroll and overhead costs for the staff, and rent and utilities. Other expenses will be the cost for the advertising agency, accounting firm, human resources firm, and membership association fees.
Funding Requirements and Use of Funds
VB Residential Construction Company is seeking $200,000 in debt financing to launch its construction business. The funding will be dedicated towards securing a small office space, purchasing two trucks, and purchasing all the construction equipment and supplies. Funding will also be dedicated towards the advertising agency and three months of overhead costs to include payroll of the staff, rent, and monthly fees to the accounting and human resources firm. The breakout of the funding is below:
The following outlines the key assumptions required in order to achieve the revenue and cost numbers in the financials and in order to pay off the startup business loan.
- Initial Monthly Average Contract Amount: $20,000
- Growth in Average Monthly Contracts: 10%
Income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement, construction business plan faqs, what is a construction business plan.
A construction business plan is a plan to start and/or grow your construction business. Among other things, it outlines your business concept, identifies your target customers, presents your marketing plan and details your financial projections.
You can easily complete your construction business plan using our Construction Business Plan Template here .
What Are the Main Types of Construction Companies?
Construction companies can be classified according to the type of constructions that they perform. Some are small renovation contractors, others are new home builders and others are commercial construction companies.
What Are the Main Sources of Revenues and Expenses for a Construction Company?
Construction companies get their primary source of revenue from individual contracts for new homes, remodeling projects or commercial projects.
The key expenses for construction companies are office space rent, salaries and wages, and equipment costs.
How Do You Get Funding for Your Construction Business Plan?
There are many options for financing a construction company like SBA loans, commercial loans, personal loans, or line of credit. There are also equipment funding opportunities that cover expenses associated with necessary tools, machinery and other equipment. Personal savings, credit card financing and angel investors are also popular forms of funding.
What are the Steps To Start a Construction Business?
Starting a construction business can be an exciting endeavor. Having a clear roadmap of the steps to start a business will help you stay focused on your goals and get started faster.
1. Develop A Construction Business Plan - The first step in starting a business is to create a detailed construction business plan that outlines all aspects of the venture. This should include potential market size and target customers, the services or products you will offer, pricing strategies and a detailed financial forecast.
2. Choose Your Legal Structure - It's important to select an appropriate legal entity for your construction business. This could be a limited liability company (LLC), corporation, partnership, or sole proprietorship. Each type has its own benefits and drawbacks so it’s important to do research and choose wisely so that your construction business is in compliance with local laws.
3. Register Your Construction Business - Once you have chosen a legal structure, the next step is to register your construction business with the government or state where you’re operating from. This includes obtaining licenses and permits as required by federal, state, and local laws.
4. Identify Financing Options - It’s likely that you’ll need some capital to start your construction business, so take some time to identify what financing options are available such as bank loans, investor funding, grants, or crowdfunding platforms.
5. Choose a Location - Whether you plan on operating out of a physical location or not, you should always have an idea of where you’ll be based should it become necessary in the future as well as what kind of space would be suitable for your operations.
6. Hire Employees - There are several ways to find qualified employees including job boards like LinkedIn or Indeed as well as hiring agencies if needed – depending on what type of employees you need it might also be more effective to reach out directly through networking events.
7. Acquire Necessary Construction Equipment & Supplies - In order to start your construction business, you'll need to purchase all of the necessary equipment and supplies to run a successful operation.
8. Market & Promote Your Business - Once you have all the necessary pieces in place, it’s time to start promoting and marketing your construction business. This includes creating a website, utilizing social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter, and having an effective Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy. You should also consider traditional marketing techniques such as radio or print advertising.
Learn more about how to start a successful construction business:
- How to Start a Construction Business
Other Business Plan Templates
Food Truck Business Plan Template
Event Venue Business Plan Template
Construction Business Plan Template
Construction company business plan template.
If you want to start a construction business or expand your current one, you need a business plan.
Over the past 20+ years, we have helped over 10,000 entrepreneurs and business owners create business plans to start and grow all types of construction businesses, including commercial construction, building construction and residential construction.
Construction Business Plan Outline: How To Write a Construction Business Plan
Below are links to each section of a construction business plan:
- Executive Summary – The executive summary is the most important part of your business plan. It’s where you explain what your business is and why it will be successful.
- Company Overview – This section of your construction business plan should include a brief business description, your vision and mission statement, and the company’s core values.
- Industry Analysis – This section of your plan will provide an overview of the construction industry, including market size, growth outlook, major players, and competitive landscape.
- Customer Analysis – In this section of your plan, you will identify and describe your target market(s).
- Competitive Analysis – In this section, you will analyze your competitors and explain how you plan to differentiate your company from them.
- Marketing Plan – Your marketing plan should include an overview of your marketing goals, strategies, and tactics.
- Operations Plan – Your operations plan should describe how you will produce your product or service, as well as the people and resources needed to do so.
- Management Team – In this section, you will introduce the members of your management team and their experience and qualifications.
- Financial Plan – Your financial plan should include your financial statements such as the income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement.
- Appendix – The appendix of your plan should include any additional supporting materials, such as market research reports, resumes, licenses and permits.
Next Section: Executive Summary >
Construction Business Plan FAQs
What is the easiest way to complete my construction business plan.
Growthink's Ultimate Construction Business Plan Template allows you to quickly and easily complete your Construction Business Plan.
Where Can I Find a Free Construction Business Plan PDF Download?
You can download our construction business plan PDF template here . This is a business plan template you can use in PDF format.
What Is a Construction Business Plan?
A construction business plan provides a snapshot of your construction business as it stands today, and lays out your growth plan for the next five years. It explains your business goals and your strategy for reaching them. It also includes market research to support your plans.
Why Do You Need a Construction Business Plan?
The construction industry is tough. If you’re a contractor looking to start a small construction business or construction services company, you need a business plan. A business plan will help you raise funding, if needed, and plan out the growth of your construction business in order to improve your chances of success. Your business plan is a living document that should be updated annually as your company grows and changes. As always, we are here to help you write a business plan and guide you through the steps of taking your business idea from dream to reality.
What Are the Sources of Funding for Construction Businesses?
The main sources of funding for a small construction business are bank loans and angel investors. With regards to bank loans, banks will want to review your business plan and gain confidence that you will be able to repay your loan and interest. To acquire this confidence, the loan officer will not only want to confirm that your financials are reasonable. But they will want to see a professional plan. Such a plan will give them the confidence that you can successfully and professionally operate a business.
The second most common form of funding for a construction business is angel investors. Angel investors are wealthy individuals who will write you a check. They will either take equity in return for their funding, or, like a bank, they will give you a loan. Venture capitalists will generally not fund a construction business.
How Do You Start a Construction Business?
Please see this article on our website: How to Start a Construction Business
What Are the Keys to Success for a Construction Business?
Below are some of the keys to success in the construction business:
- Vision & Focus: determine the type of construction business you want to operate and stick to that vision.
- Create your business plan: Your plan will help you set goals and outline how to achieve them.
- Get licensed, bonded, and insured: before you can bid on your first job, you need to investigate and meet the requirements for local and state licenses and do what you need to do to secure them, get your worker’s compensation and liability insurance, and find out how much you need to be bonded for.
- Build a winning team: Hire and train a team of employees with the right skills. Remember that since construction is seasonal and cyclical, you must also be willing to downsize if/when the workload decreases.
- Purchase wisely: be careful not to overspend on salaries and equipment. Consider renting equipment when possible.
- Properly price jobs: Keep factors such as overhead and actual production costs (materials, labor, inspections, etc.) in mind when pricing jobs to ensure a healthy profit on all projects.
CONSTRUCTION BUSINESS PLAN OUTLINE
- Construction Business Plan Home
- 1. Executive Summary
- 2. Company Overview
- 3. Industry Analysis
- 4. Customer Analysis
- 5. Competitive Analysis
- 6. Marketing Plan
- 7. Operations Plan
- 8. Management Team
- 9. Financial Plan
- 10. Appendix
- Construction Business Plan Summary
Other Helpful Business Plan Articles & Templates
Academia.edu no longer supports Internet Explorer.
To browse Academia.edu and the wider internet faster and more securely, please take a few seconds to upgrade your browser .
Enter the email address you signed up with and we'll email you a reset link.
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
BUSINESS PLAN FOR THE SMALL CONSTRUCTION FIRM Management and Planning Series TABLE OF CONTENTS INTRODUCTION A Note on Using This Publication 1 What's in This for You? 1 Why Are You in Business? 1 What Business Are You In? 1
Whether you are just thinking about starting your own firm or have already started it, the business plan can be a great benefit. As your management skills increase so will the number of jobs you can effectively control. The careful completion of this plan may point out problems and limitations of your operation. This is important. To be a successful contractor you must not only know your business thoroughly, but also know your limits and seek professional advice in these areas.
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
- Find new research papers in:
- Health Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Science
- Academia ©2023
Construction Business Plan Template [Updated 2023]
Construction Business Plan Template
If you want to start a Construction business or expand your current Construction business, you need a business plan.
The following Construction business plan template gives you the key elements to include in a winning Construction business plan. It can be used to create a commercial construction business plan, a general contractor business plan or business plans for residential construction, building construction or industrial construction.
You can download the Construction business plan template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
Below are links to each of the key sections of a Construction Company business plan example:
I. Executive Summary II. Company Overview III. Industry Analysis IV. Customer Analysis V. Competitive Analysis VI. Marketing Plan VII. Operations Plan VIII. Management Team IX. Financial Plan
Comments are closed.
Business Plan Template Construction
FREE 32+ Construction Business Plan Templates
In all the stages involved in getting to choose out mutual partners to accomplish your real estate small business plan , or getting to hire out contractors, a construction business plan might be the savior. It helps you in making the essential steps in mapping out a strategic achievement of construction goals. This is accomplished by incorporating project management plan tools available for users’ disposal.
Table of Content
Construction business plan template bundle, construction business continuity plan bundle, construction marketing business plan template bundle, construction business development plan template bundle, 32+ construction business plan templates, construction business plan template, free sample construction business plan template, general construction business plan template, sample residential construction business plan template, free simple construction business plan template, small construction business plan template, commercial construction business plan template, building construction business plan template, 5 year construction business plan template, construction and engineering business plan template, construction company business plan template, construction management business plan template, construction start-up business plan template, construction contractor business plan template, construction carpenter business plan template, construction marketing plan template, general contractor business plan with cover page, construction business plan template download, simple real estate business plan template, printable business plan outline template, printable business plan template, sample business plan in word, construction financial business plan template, construction small business plan template, operational construction business plan template, construction startup company business plan, construction management business plan, residential housing business plan template, how to create a construction business strategy plan, construction business plan with executive summary, building project construction business plan, construction business plan final proposal in pdf, create a construction business plan in 6 steps:, step 1: business description, step 2: goals and objectives, step 3: resources needed, step 4: strategies, step 5: financial statements, step 6: review and edit, final thoughts, general faqs, 1. what is a construction business plan, 2. what is the purpose of having a business plan, 3. who needs a construction business plan, 4. what must be included in a business plan, 5. mention the advantages of business plans.
- Google Docs
- Apple Pages
- A brief history of your construction company
- The customers, suppliers, and needs you have
- A sheet summary of the growth of the company, including financial details
- A brief of your long-term and short-term goals
- Steps on how you will make profits.
- Planning leads to practical and faster achievements in any company
- It foresees the future
- It acts as an added strength to a business action plan for steady growth and prosperity
- It helps one be ready to face any unexpected situation that might crop up.
More in Plan Templates
15+ Construction Marketing Business Plan Template Bundle
20 Construction Business Continuity Plan Bundle
10+ Construction Company Profile Template Bundle
20 Construction Business Development Plan Template Bundle
20+ Construction Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) Template Bundle
60+ Construction Business Plan Template Bundle
Construction Lockout/Tagout Plan Template
Roofing Construction Marketing Business Plan Template
Construction Website Content Plan Template
Contractor Business Plan Template for Construction Projects
The ONLY complete template kit for construction businesses - created by construction experts
Every document you need to start, run, and grow a thriving construction business
Save time, save money, and grow your business faster with our beautiful, professionally written templates, created by construction business experts - you just fill in the blanks, and go!
Our comprehensive bundle of 1000+ templates includes:
- ✦︎ Business plan
- ✦︎ Legal documents & agreements
- ✦︎ Project management tools
- ✦︎ Sales, marketing, and advertising kit
- ✦︎ Finance, accounting spreadsheets and investment proposals
- ✦︎ Policies, procedures and operations
- ✦︎ Design Templates, Signage, HR documents and Plus much more
- ✦︎ HR documents
- ✦︎ Plus much more...
Simplify your construction Business with every document template you’ll ever need
Available in all popular file formats.
- Food & Beverages
- Marketing Examples
15+ Construction Business Plan Examples [ Maintenance, Development, Residential ]
Construction business plan, 15+ construction business plan examples, 1. construction management business plan, 2. construction repair business plan, 3. construction manufacturer business plan, 4. construction business plan example, 5. construction start-up business plan, 6. construction carpenter business plan, 7. simple construction business plan, 8. sample construction business plan, 9. general construction business plan, 10. construction company business plan example, 11. sample construction business plan, 12. sustainable construction business plan, 13. construction program business plan, 14. business plan for construction company, 15. construction plan for a startup business, 16. construction management business plan, what is a construction business plan, how to create a construction business plan, how long does it take to write a construction business plan, how long should a construction business plan be, who is the one who creates the construction business plan.
- Google Docs
- Apple Pages
- Google Sheets
- Apple Numbers
1. Create an Introduction to your Business
2. state the truth, 3. fact check and include documentation, 4. include your strategies, more design, 16+ construction schedule examples & samples in pdf ..., 59+ business proposal examples & samples in pdf google ..., 10+ lawn care business plan template examples - pdf, doc ..., 14+ waste management plan examples - pdf examples, 11+ best cleaning service business plan examples ..., 11+ construction project budget examples and templates ..., 11+ rental property business plan examples & samples - pdf ..., 9+ apartment marketing plan examples - pdf examples, 19+ business requirements document examples - pdf examples, 18+ construction addendum examples & templates - pdf ..., 10+ documentation plan template - google docs, ms word, pages ..., 9+ restaurant project plan examples - pdf examples.
- id; ?>)" rel="noopener" role="button" tabindex aria-label="postclick">11+ Construction Project Plan Examples - PDF Examples
- id; ?>)" rel="noopener" role="button" tabindex aria-label="postclick"> 42+ Work Plan Examples & Samples in PDF Word | Google ...
Don't bother with copy and paste.
Get this complete sample business plan as a free text document.
Building Construction Business Plan
Start your own building construction business plan
Executive summary executive summary is a brief introduction to your business plan. it describes your business, the problem that it solves, your target market, and financial highlights.">.
Introduction Concrete Installation LLC plans to become the leading provider of concrete formwork services in the area. This means always having the best and most efficient facilities, processes, and people. To achieve this, Concrete Installation is investing in many ways that will pay off in competitive advantages for its customers.
The company’s overall strategy will be based on a continuing improvement process of setting objectives, measuring results, and providing feedback to facilitate further growth and progress.
Concrete Installation is an Oklahoma Limited Liability company, with principal offices located in Sulphur, Oklahoma. Concrete Installation’s management is highly experienced and qualified. Mr. Barry Newman leads the management team with over ten years of experience in the construction industry.
Products/Services Concrete Installation has developed sophisticated formwork solutions for some of the most complex construction projects being done today. The company’s standard form systems are versatile and completely adaptable to a variety of configurations such as Y-walls, shafts, and circular walls.
The Concrete Installation system can be adapted to almost any construction requirement that calls for forming. The company’s expert staff has the capability to design and manufacture any custom component or accessory item that may be required to complete the formwork package.
Owners, developers, construction managers, general contractors, and concrete subcontractors have realized substantial savings in labor and material costs by using structural contours construction methods, systems and equipment. Applications include commercial and residential structures, bridges, educational projects, recreational projects, civil projects, tunnels, utility projects, environmental projects, and virtually every other type of concrete construction.
The Market The housing industry has proceeded at a red-hot pace for several years running. An all-time record was set in 1998, when 886,000 new-site single family homes were sold. That represented a 10% gain from the robust total of 804,000 homes sold in 1997, and an 8.1% rise from the prior record of 819,000 units in 1977. Single-family housing construction accounted for $48 million of the total $125 million generated in the industry. This makes for an excellent opportunity to expand Concrete Installation operations and gain significant market share in its primary target market segment. The company also plans to focus to a lesser extent on the residential and heavy construction industry, which is also very robust at the moment.
The company plans to rapidly develop marketing alliances with industry leaders and pursue new sales of its services to residential and commercial builders. The market strategy is to capitalize on Concrete Installation’s alliances by securing city, county, and state and federal government contracts.
Concrete Installation plans to use a direct sales force, relationship selling, and subcontractors to reach its markets. These channels are most appropriate because of time to market, reduced capital requirements, and fast access to established distribution channels.
Financial Considerations We expect to be profitable during the first year of operations. Despite initial large outlays in cash to promote sales, the company’s cash account is expected to remain healthy. The company expects to earn approximately 1.5 million dollars in revenue by Year 3.
The mission of Concrete Installation is to provide quality service at competitive pricing.
Start your own business plan
Your business plan can look as polished and professional as this sample plan. It's fast and easy, with LivePlan.
The quickest way to turn a business idea into a business plan
Fill-in-the-blanks and automatic financials make it easy.
No thanks, I prefer writing 40-page documents.
Discover the world’s #1 plan building software