What's Your Question?
10 Sites With Free Printable Stationery
There’s no limit to the ways you can use amazing stationery. Create chic party invitations, romantic letters with vintage backgrounds or powerful business letterheads designed to impress. Here are 10 sites with free printable tags so you can find everything you need.
Canon Creative Park
It makes sense that a well-known printer manufacturer like Canon would provide gorgeous stationery images for print. The surprising twist is that you don’t need to own a Canon printer to download or print these colorful and amazing stationery backgrounds.
The good: Pinterest has thousands of incredible stationery backdrops for free. The great: They cover virtually any situation imaginable, so you can personalize your correspondence like never before. The only downside is that it takes some digging to tell if specific images are copyrighted.
Free Printable Stationery
This website has over 900 different stationery designs, in addition to links to partner sites for free printable tags and invitations. To find what you’re looking for, use the search bar with terms such as “floral,” “wedding,” “kids” and so on.
A dream site for parents and kids alike, Fisher-Price offers cool coloring pages that double as stationery or gift notes. When used to give presents to loved ones, a hand-colored note is unforgettable.
Hello, Good Gravy
Hello, Good Gravy offers visitors high-quality stationery that’s intimate, artistic, warm and beautiful. Giving your thank yous and letters a touch of elegance means searching through several blog posts, but the results are worth the effort.
I Should Be Mopping the Floor
Playful and laid-back, the stationery from this blog/website is organized by theme, such as back-to-school or monogram printables. All of the gift tags, notes, wall art and letter backgrounds are free, and there are many available.
Touching and tender, the free stationery from Mint Printables is perfect for parents, kids, friends, lovers and relatives. There are only a few designs in each category, but they’re absolutely worth your time.
You have to sign up for a free account at Canva.com, but once you do you can create your own custom stationery for personal or business use. Templates let you make unique letterheads, greeting cards and other designs, and then download them for free as a PDF.
Incredible images always make stunning stationery. Pixabay’s huge library of backgrounds and textures give your letters and greeting cards amazing flair. Download the images as JPEG files and print them using any photo editor or viewer app.
Save time by checking the “free” license box prior to searching. Freepik.com has a large amount of vector files for creating personalized stationery for home or business. The catch is that you need a vector editor, such as Adobe Illustrator, CorelDraw or website geared towards vectors.
MORE FROM QUESTIONSANSWERED.NET
- Home & Garden
Writing a Business Plan
While it may be tempting to put off, creating a business plan is an essential part of starting your own business. Plans and proposals should be put in a clear format making it easy for potential investors to understand. Because every company has a different goal and product or service to offer, there are business plan templates readily available to help you get on the right track. Many of these templates can be adapted for any company. In general, a business plan writing guide will recommend that the following sections be incorporated into your plan.
The executive summary is the first section that business plans open with, but is often the last section to actually be written as it’s the most difficult to write. The executive summary is a summary of the overall plan that highlights the key points and gives the reader an idea of what lies ahead in the document. It should include areas such as the business opportunity, target market, marketing and sales strategy, competition, the summary of the financial plan, staff members and a summary of how the plan will be implemented. This section needs to be extremely clear, concise and engaging as you don’t want the reader to push your hard work aside.
The company description follows the executive summary and should cover all the details about the company itself. For example, if you are writing a business plan for an internet café, you would want to include the name of the company, where the café would be located, who the main team members involved are and why, how large the company is, who the target market for the internet cafe is, what type of business structure the café is, such as LLC, sole proprietorship, partnership, or corporation, what the internet café business mission and vision statements are, and what the business’s short-term objectives are.
Services and Products
This is the exciting part of the plan where you get to explain what new and improved services or products you are offering. On top of describing the product or service itself, include in the plan what is currently in the market in this area, what problems there are in this area and how your product is the solution. For example, in a business plan for a food truck, perhaps there are numerous other food trucks in the area, but they are all fast –food style and unhealthy so, you want to introduce fast food that serves only organic and fresh ingredients every day. This is where you can also list your price points and future products or services you anticipate.
The market analysis section will take time to write and research as a lot of effort and research need to go into it. Here is where you have the opportunity to describe what trends are showing up, what the growth rate in this sector looks like, what the current size of this industry is and who your target audience is. A cleaning business plan, for example, may include how this sector has been growing by 10% every year due to an increase in large businesses being built in the city.
Organization and Management
Marketing and sales are the part of the business plan where you explain how you will attract and retain clients. How are you reaching your target customers and what incentives do you offer that will keep them coming back? For a dry cleaner business plan, perhaps if they refer customers, they will get 10% off their next visit. In addition, you may want to explain what needs to be done in order for the business to be profitable. This is a great way of showing that you are conscious about what clear steps need to be taken to make a business successful.
Financial Projections & Appendix
The financial business plan section can be a tricky one to write as it is based on projections. Usually what is included is the short-term projection, which is a year broken down by month and should include start-up permits, equipment, and licenses that are required. This is followed by a three-year projection broken down by year and many often write a five-year projection, but this does not need to be included in the business plan.
The appendix is the last section and contains all the supporting documents and/or required material. This often includes resumes of those involved in the company, letters of reference, product pictures and credit histories. Keep in mind that your business plan is always in development and should be adjusted regularly as your business grows and changes.
MORE FROM LIFE123.COM
How To Set Up Your Own Stationery Business In Kenya
For ‘young’ people, starting your very own business and becoming self employed is the most suitable alternative to the ever growing hard to get 9 to 5 jobs. Starting a business is always the best alternative to the ever elusive jobs. A survey by the Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS) revealed that seven (7) million Kenyans are unemployed. An additional figure of over 1.4 million are actively looking for employment. With those figures, it is easy to see why more and more people are looking for alternatives. Because we know very many business ventures require huge amounts of capital to get started, this new How To series will only show you how to start and execute several small business that require capital from as little as 5,000 Kenyan Shillings. Thus giving you the keys to the kingdom of starting a profitable business with little or no capital. If you are also just looking for a side hustle to maybe supplement your 9 to 5 or full time job, this is for you. All that you need to thrive in these businesses besides capital, is good customer service of course, great managerial skills, a suitable business location, and a clear cut vision. Today’s article will show you how to set up your very own Stationery business in Kenya. While this is not exactly a 5,000 Kenyan Shillings capital business, I am sure you would agree that this is also a very viable option.
The stationery business involves the selling of everything involving writing materials (envelopes, plain sheets of paper for example), to printers as well as ink for said printers.
Stationery businesses, also sell school supplies like Math Sets, portable calculators, white boards, markers, dusters, erasers, Cardboards, rulers, lunch boxes, water bottles, among other things, to students who are in Prinary, Secondary and sometimes even tertiary institutions.
How To Start A Stationery Business In Kenya
Just how much do you need to start a Stationery business? What paperwork, and or equipment are you required to have in Kenya? If you are considering this option, here is everything you will need to kickstart your Stationery business in Kenya.
- Have A Business Plan. For every business, having an effective and concise business plan is very important.
- Figure Out Your Market. It is very important that you figure out your market. Especially before starting your Stationery business. Your potential customers will include students from primary to the tertiary levels as well as parents of kindergarten children. Schools may also patronize you and possibly purchase your stationery goods in much larger volumes.
- Figure Out How To Raise Capital. The Stationery business like any other business, requires capital investment. After completing your business plan, knowing your market and finding a location, this should be your next line of action. Although Personal funds are sometimes the primary source of funding for many new businesses, doing just that may not be enough. Taking on a financial partner is your best bet. If obtaining a business loan from financial institutions proves difficult, the next option should be getting it from friends and family. Loan arrangements in this setting are usually much more flexible as they come with much lower interest rates. All you would need to do is convince said friends and family, of the profitability of your business. Please make sure however, that you pay back the money and in good time too, so as to maintain confidence which you would need if you would require money from them in the future.
- Register The Name Of Your Stationery Business. You will need to register the name of your Stationery startup if you plan to run it as a legitimate business. The business name registration would cost you around 1,000 Kenyan Shillings.
- A Location. As with most businesses, a good location is one of the major factors that determine whether or not your Stationery business will succeed. Find a location that is both ideal and easily accessible.
- Choose The Most Suitable Business Structure For Your Stationery Business. Choosing a business structure can determine your personal liability, how much you pay in taxes, as well as your ability to raise financing. This is why it is very important that you choose the business structure that is most suitable from the get go because changing structures later on, could lead to tax consequences. Consult a business accountant and a lawyer too before deciding if your Stationery business would be a Sole Proprietorship, a Partnership, a Corporation or a Limited Liability Company (LLC).
- A Business License Or Permit. This is one of the most fundamental licences that businesses in Kenya are required to have before commencing operations, so you will definitely need one for your Stationery business. Although the cost of a business licence or permit differs from county to county, it usually sits at around 3,000 Kenyan shillings.
- Make Sure Your Stationery Business Is Insured. Although nobody likes to incur extra costs, Insurance is one essential part of starting any business.
- Secure A Fire Clearance Certificate . This is received after undergoing an inspection which you pay for. It also involves getting advice regarding the guidelines of protection against fire, and the installation of the required equipment like fire extinguishers.
- Talk To Others Who Have Done This Before You. No man is an island. Talk to entrepreneurs who have gone into or are still in the Stationery business. Examine, study and understand their various business models and strategies. You never know, you just might pick up one or two nuggets of wisdom from them.
- Employ More hands. No one is an island, you really cannot carry out all the daily activities of a Stationery business efficiently, on your own.
- Get An Employer Identification Number. If you will be looking to set up checking accounts for your business and or hire employees, you will need an Employer Identification Number. To get one, simply get in touch with Kenya Revenue Authority which is Kenya’s internal revenue service.
- Make Sure The Accounting For Your Stationery Business Is In Order. Make sure you always have a record of your expenses as well as the income your business generates. Doing this, will make sure that you have a full understanding of how your business is performing financially. It will also help you when it’s time to file your annual taxes.
- Figure Out Your Suppliers, Their Requirements And Set Up A Supply Chain. Your Stationery Store business would be nothing without suppliers and reliable ones at that. Find out the suppliers that operate in or around the area where your Stationery business is located and figure out what the terms or requirements are. This could be their minimum order amounts for example. Set up a direct relationship between your business and them.
- Make Sure Your Stationery Has An Online Presence. This includes creating a Facebook page, as well as Twitter and Instagram accounts for your business. You can also get a website created for your business as well. Be sure to hire a professional for this, so as to ensure that the website is very well done and looks presentable. The hired professional, will also make sure that your website is well maintained and updated regularly. Creating a LinkedIn profile for your business will also be a good look and will help you further network with other businesses. Just make sure that you update your LinkedIn information regularly and also check it regularly.
- Plan Out Your Marketing. Next after figuring out your target audience, should be planning out your marketing. Yes, a Stationery business just like any other business venture,definitely needs marketing too. Learn how to get the attention of your target market. Would discounts work? Or referrals or both? How about posters, sponsored adverts on social media and fliers. Find out what is most effective for you and use that or a combination of all of them.
- Figure Out Payment Arrangements That Work Best For Your Customers. You need to know the payment methods and arrangements that would work best for your customers and potential customers i.e if they would prefer to pay via M-Pesa, T-Kash, Airtel Money, via POS or in cash. Knowing this will help you offer more payment options and also be more equipped to serve them better.
And that is it! All you need to know about starting your very own Stationery business in Kenya.
Is the Stationery business, a suitable venture for you to go into? That question, is left for you to think on and answer. This writer’s goal is to open your eyes to the various entrepreneurial opportunities that abound in the country.
One important thing besides the tips provided here, is to be good at what you do. Continue to expand and grow your skills.
Also while the prospects are very promising please have a realistic approach as well. As with any business, there is a chance that you might incur losses. Especially at the beginning, so please keep your overheads low.
Was this article helpful? Are there any other How To topics you would like us to write on? Feel free to reach out to Mpesa Pay in the comment section.
The top 13 poorest countries in the world: a 2023 update, list of top 7 personal care and beauty products manufacturers in kenya, list of 5 international airports in kenya.
Comments are closed.
Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.
Academia.edu no longer supports Internet Explorer.
To browse Academia.edu and the wider internet faster and more securely, please take a few seconds to upgrade your browser .
Enter the email address you signed up with and we'll email you a reset link.
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
Business plan stationery new
The study “the contribution of non-governmental organizations in delivery of basic health services in partnership with local government” was aimed at assessing the contribution of non-governmental organizations in the delivery of basic health services in Yei River County through collaboration with the Local Government. The study was guided by the following objectives; to identify the various activities carried out by the Non-Governmental Organizations in Yei Civil Hospital and Martha Primary Health Care Centre; establish the beneficiaries‟ appreciation of the health services provided by the Non- Governmental Organizations in Yei Civil Hospital and Martha Primary Health Care; assess the challenges faced by the NGOs in the delivery of health care support in Yei River County and suggest ways for effective and efficient delivery of health services. The study revealed that that, NGOs make successful contributions to health in certain circumstances. NGOs have made significant contributions to reproductive and sexual health in many areas in the Yei River County. The research also found that effectively run NGO reproductive and child health services have decreased child and maternal mortality in Martha Primary health care and to some extent Yei Civil hospital. The importance of (NGOs) in the delivery of services have gained recognition in Yei River County in terms of filling gaps in government programmes, the research also established that the contribution of Non-governmental Organizations has also provided Yei River community with a choice of service outlets and to create an effective voice in respect of service needs and expectations. Suggested ways forwarded were making of better resources to the health facilities so that clinical staff (doctors, nurses, midwives) could improve on their full potential. Improve on the availability of equipment for health care. Need for recruitment of adequate skilled medical personnel at all categories i.e. from nursing, midwives, lab technicians and doctors. There should be provision of modern medical equipment to Yei Civil Hospital and Martha Primary health Care Centre to help in the investigation and management of health care cases.
boboya james , James Barnaba
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
- Find new research papers in:
- Health Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Science
- Academia ©2023
Nduta Kiarie: How I started the first online branded stationery business in Kenya
The School Box, an online stationery store, is making parents’ work easier by availing stationery items required by schools.
When Nduta Kiarie went looking for stationery for Matthew, her three-and-a-half-year-old son, who was joining kindergarten, she never thought it could be such a hassle. What she thought would be a task that she’d complete within minutes – get into a bookshop, purchase stationery and get out – turned out to be a headache.
On her list were 15 items that her son’s school required, and to get all of them, she had to visit four stores. But when it came time for Matthew’s older cousins to return to school, Nduta was forced to think out of the box. “For sciences, say classes like physics, you have to wear an apron, and you can’t get one from a stationery store. You have to go to our local markets to buy one. And, you won’t easily find an apron for a four or five-year-old – you’ll find one for an adult,” Nduta said.
These dynamics didn’t work for Nduta, who set about to change them. With hands-on knowledge and skills in operational management, she quit her job in 2021 and set up The School Box, an online stationery store. Thinking of how hard a feat it was getting stationery for her son and nephews, Nduta took it upon herself to ensure that other parents and children didn’t have to go through the same experience. “I saw a gap and decided to fill it. This is the first of its kind in Kenya,” shared Nduta.
The School Box, Nduta explained, has eased parents’ work. They won’t have to queue, meaning they won’t have to deal with traffic while shopping at the last minute when schools are about to open. Parents don’t have to visit multiple stores to get all the stationery items required by the school. “We are bringing (them) convenience. Go to www.theschoolbox.co.ke, and find your school, and your grade or year; it will give you your list. You (can) add or remove anything from that list, then add it to your cart. Check out, and we will deliver it to you. It’s as easy as that. As long as you have a phone or laptop, you can buy from us,” Nduta stated.
Some schools across the country provide stationery for their students, while others provide a list and leave the task to the parents and guardians. This is where The School Box comes in. The online store, which provides branded stationary to Crawford International School and private institutions, also caters to public schools.
Currently, The School Box is implementing its phase one (providing stationery – rulers, rubbers, pencils, exercise books, pens, and such – that help students cruise through their school year). The company is also working on phase two, which will entail providing textbooks.
Besides convenience, The School Box also prides itself on adding value to parents. “We work with known brands. Some teachers are specific and want Crayola crayons or Staedtler HB pencils. We bring value to parents by (giving them) exactly what the teacher wants,” Nduta stated. On top of that, the stationery is packed in a fun box which the student can reuse multiple times.
Nduta revealed that The School Box doesn’t lock its clients into contracts but works with only those who will support them.
For the parent, using The School Box is also pocket friendly. As an online store, The School Box is passing on the cost of physically visiting various shops to purchase stationery. Most stationery is not manufactured in Kenya, so The School Box has taken it upon itself to source for them internationally. “I am a parent and know what it means to buy stationery. I do not want parents to…(pay) so much when they can pay so little. We are working with pricing models to reduce the cost for the parent and give them a cost-effective solution.”
Nduta shared that her major challenge was finding the capital to launch the online store. “We started last year in September, and a lot of input has gone into it. Like any startup, capital has been a major issue. But once we start selling and onboarding more schools, and more parents start taking up the solution (we are providing), we might cruise into profitable seasons,” she stated.
To get into the business, one needs to, at least, understand the different curriculums, even though they are not tied to stationery. “Everybody needs a pencil; everybody needs an exercise book regardless of whether you’re in university, secondary or junior school.” With international schools, when students start getting into Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education and innovative subjects, they might require some stationery items that Competency-based Curriculum (CBC) students might not need.
There are at least 40 000 schools in Kenya, and Nduta foresees growing her customer base by tapping into more of these institutions. “If we can tap into at least 1 per cent of this market, we will be happy. We are here to bring convenience and ease to an already existing issue. I see us adding more schools to our panel of affiliate schools in the future. I see us branching out to Kiambu and Nairobi counties – and the rest of the counties. I see us serving schools in remote areas. The future is bright.”
You don’t have to be wealthy to hire a financial advisor
What determines your cost of electricity?
Why you need a lawyer when purchasing that piece of land
Travelling abroad? Here’s what you need to know about currency conversion
Hit enter to search or ESC to close.
Add Moolah to your Homescreen!
How To Turn Your Stationery Business Into A Success!
Just like any business, starting up a stationery shop requires lots of research beforehand. Where exactly you will set up your shop, figuring out your starting capital, right down to where you will be getting a reliable supply of stock. It may all seem daunting at first, but once you get the ball rolling your business will be transformed into a success!
So, what are some of the things to consider to ensure your business is worth your time, effort and money?
Who Are You Selling To?
One of the most important things to do is to map out who exactly you will be selling to.
Are you targeting schools and teachers? If so, your business should focus on exercise books (of all kinds and easy to customize!) mathematical sets, school attendance registers… Basically everything students require to learn and thrive!
Or are you more interested in selling corporate stationery? Then your stock should focus on files, typing paper, thermal rolls, note pads and notebooks; so that your customers feel like all their office stationery needs are met when they come to you.
We All Need Stationery…
And of course, we cannot forget those who simply love having stationery because their day-to-day need to be organized! Whether these are parents or even entrepreneurs, they are looking for items that will simplify all the tasks they need to achieve. This means if they are looking for sticky notes, pocket notebooks, permanent markers, or clothing labels then you are their one-stop shop for all their needs.
That’s Where We Come In!
Once you figure who you will be selling to and identify what items you will be stocking in your business, then it is time to bring your vision to life with the help of Kasuku Stationery! We are here to provide a wide range of quality and affordable stationery so that your business is elevated, and your customers feel satisfied with your products and service. Convinced? Talk to us today!
- Business Plan for Investors
- Bank/SBA Business Plan
- Strategic/Operational Business Plan
- L1 Visa Business Plan
- E1 Treaty Trader Visa Business Plan
- E2 Treaty Investor Visa Business Plan
- EB-1 Business Plan
- EB-2 NIW Business Plan
- EB-5 Business Plan
- Innovator Founder Visa Business Plan
- Start-Up Visa Business Plan
- Expansion Worker Visa Business Plan
- Manitoba MPNP Visa Business Plan
- Nova Scotia NSNP Visa Business Plan
- British Columbia BC PNP Visa Business Plan
- Self-Employed Visa Business Plan
- OINP Entrepreneur Stream Business Plan
- LMIA Owner Operator Business Plan
- ICT Work Permit Business Plan
- LMIA Mobility Program – C11 Entrepreneur Business Plan
- USMCA (ex-NAFTA) Business Plan
- Franchise Business Plan
- Landlord business plan
- Nonprofit Start-Up Business Plan
- USDA Business Plan
- Cannabis business plan
- Ecommerce business plan
- Online boutique business plan
- Mobile application business plan
- Daycare business plan
- Restaurant business plan
- Food delivery business plan
- Real estate business plan
- Business Continuity Plan
- Buy Side Due Diligence Services
- ICO whitepaper
- ICO consulting services
- Confidential Information Memorandum
- Private Placement Memorandum
- Feasibility study
- How it works
- Business Plan Examples
Stationery Business Plan Sample
Stationery business plan for starting your own stationery shop
Do you want to start a stationery business? Stationery business is one of those businesses which can be started very easily and with relatively lower initial investments. Stationery shops, which mainly provide products like books, magazines, newspapers, paper products, textbooks, greeting cards and lottery tickets, can be enhanced to provide services like custom printing, money transfer, photocopying, etc. guaranteeing more revenue.
In case, you don’t know how to start a stationery business , the first thing you must do is to create a detailed business plan covering all aspects of your business. To help you write an effective business plan , we are providing a sample business plan for a stationery business start up named ‘PaperSource’.
2.1 the business.
PaperSource will be a 550 sq. ft shop located on the ground floor of Mega Mall near the Lake Travis High School in Austin. The shop will offer a wide collection of course books, paper products, greeting cards and other stationery items.
The shop will be owned by ‘Joe William’ who was a school teacher but has retired now. Joe is a rich person and is to do something for promoting education in his society, generating more money and also as a good time spent.
PaperSource will be owned by Joe William, a senior teacher retired from Lake Travis High School, Ranch Road, Austin. Joe will also hire a small team for helping him in starting a stationery business .
Before you start a stationery business you must know who your primary customers will be, so that you can attract them. The main customers of our stationery shop include students, teachers, and office assistants present near our shop.
2.4 Target of the Company
Our business targets are as follows:
3.1 company owner.
PaperSource will be owned by Joe William, a senior teacher retired from Lake Travis High School, Ranch Road, Austin. Joe has been teaching for more than 35 years and has been associated with Lake Travis High School for the last 12 years.
3.2 Why the Business is being started
Joe decided to stationery business start up because, to him, it is the best way to invest his savings. In addition to generating revenue, a stationery business will constantly keep him in contact with people associated with education, like students and teachers – whom he loves to interact with. That’s why Joe decided to open a stationery shop and implement all his stationery business ideas on it.
3.3 How the Business will be started
The business will be started in a 550 sq. ft shop located on the ground floor of Mega Mall near the Lake Travis High School in Austin. After getting the business registered by the tax authorities, the company will purchase the items of stationery for business start up including academic books. The company will also provide photocopying, printing and money transfer services to the customers.
The costs for startup are as follows:
Services for customers
If you don’t know how to start your own stationery business but you want to start it, then you can take help from this sample business plan. The success of a stationery business start up greatly depends on what products and services are being provided so make sure to plan it beforehand. PaperSource will provide the following products and services to its customers:
- Stationery Items: We will provide all sorts of stationery items including but not limited to pens, highlighters, markers, permanent markers, pencils, colored pencils, ruled papers, binder books, glue, sticky tape, staplers and staples, rubber bands, paper clips, drawing pins, folder dividers, hanging files, scissors, calculator, etc.
- Textbooks, Notebooks & Paper Products: We will provide an exclusive assortment of envelopes, notebooks, notepads, papers, sheets, covers, and textbooks.
- Photocopying, Printing & Money Transfer Service: We will also provide photocopying, printing and money transfer services.
- Miscellaneous Items: The shop will also contain other miscellaneous items which aren’t part of stationery but are frequently needed such as tissue papers, bubble wrap roll, USB flash drives, micro SD cards, printer toner, lottery tickets, postage stamps etc.
Marketing Analysis of stationery business
The most important component of an effective office stationary shop business plan is its marketing plan which can only be developed after an accurate market analysis. Before creating the stationery supplier business plan , you must consider whether its market has enough capacity or not.
While developing your marketing plan for stationery business , you must also keep in mind that there are a lot of people sharing the same business and the same market so if you want to make your business a success, you will have to get a clear picture of the current market that you will be serving.
You can also use this stationery shop business plan sample for helping formulate a small stationery business plan for your shop. However, if you want to start your business at a large scale, you must seek help from marketing analysts and experts for making your stationery and office supplies business plan .
Immigration Business Plan
5.1 marketing trends.
Stationery items are the most consumed articles in the educational institutions, as well as other institutes and offices. However, according to IBISWorld, the business has encountered a decline in annual growth because of the increasing electronic communication which has greatly reduced the demand for traditional paper as well as the related products. Before you proceed with your stationery store business plan , you must consider the current statistics of the stationery industry which can found on the internet as well as in this stationery business plan template . Currently, there are around 88,000 stationery businesses operating in the United States. The industry is generating an annual revenue of £8 billion and is responsible for employing more than 1.9 million people.
5.2 Marketing Segmentation
While developing your stationery supply business plan you must keep your target customers in mind as well as all the segments your market is divided into. Like with the other components of the plan, you can have an idea about the market segmentation of customers from this stationery business plan sample but the actual segmentation will depend on the demographics of the area where you will be starting your business. Since PaperSource will be surrounded by schools and offices, our primary target market will be the students, teachers and office staff present in the area. Our target market is divided as follows:
The detailed marketing segmentation of our target audience is as follows:
5.2.1 Students & Teachers: Although in this era of technology many students as well as teachers do their work on computers and prefer to buy e-books instead of printed ones, still there is a great demand of stationery items in the market. Students and teachers still need various things like papers, files, markers, pens etc. for their daily usage, while still there are many who prefer to read books in hard form. This group is also likely to buy flash drives, SD cards, and utilize our photocopying and printing service.
5.2.2 Companies & Businesses: This customer group is composed of companies and businesses located in the area. This customer group makes purchases of the stationery items for the entire organization, however, sometimes different groups within the same organization also make individual purchases. Companies and businesses mostly have their own printers and photocopiers so they are not likely to use that service.
5.2.3 Institutions: Although in these days most of the official work is done online, still the accountants and clerks of various institutions need stationery items for many purposes.
5.3 Business Target
Our business targets are:
- To become the best stationery shop in the municipality within one year
- To achieve the net profit margin of £10k per month by the end of the first year, £15k per month by the end of the second year, and £25k per month by the end of the third year
- To add more items such as gift cards, gift boxes, school bags, key chains etc. by the end of the first year
- To balance the initial cost of the startup with the earned profits by the end of the first year
5.4 Product Pricing
Product pricing is one of the most important factors in deciding the success of a startup business so it must be planned very carefully. At our stationery shop, some objects such as course books will be sold at the same price as sold by our competitors. However, for the purpose of encouraging sales, we have priced some of the things including office supplies, stationery and other merchandise slightly cheaper as compared to our competitors.
Excellent! I would recommend this company to anyone.
Sales strategy is also another important component of your business plan for stationery since it establishes how you will attract your customers toward you.
6.1 Competitive Analysis
Your stationery business start up can never survive if you don’t have something special and different about you because this industry is one of the most competitive industries. That’s why you must possess some competitive aspects before starting your own stationery business .
As a stationery startup, we have set our prices in reasonable ranges and some products are even cheaper than their market prices. In addition to that, we will make sure to provide everything customers may need under one roof and it will also serve as our competitive advantage.
6.2 Sales Strategy
We will attract our customers towards us through various efforts, such as:
- We will introduce ourselves to the schools, offices, and residents of the town by sending them introductory letters
- We will advertise our shop through newspapers and local TV ads
- We will give 5% discount on every shopping above £200
6.3 Sales Forecast
6.4 sales monthly, 6.5 sales yearly, personnel plan.
The personnel plan describes the number and type of staff needed for your startup. It’s also very important and must be properly developed before you start stationery business . The personnel plan of PaperSource is as follows:
7.1 Company Staff
We will initially hire the following staff:
- 1 Cashier for keeping records
- 1 Worker for printing and photocopying
- 1 Cleaner for arranging and cleaning things
- 2 Assistants for handling customers
7.2 Average Salary of Employees
The final thing to do before starting your stationery business start up is to determine the pros and cons of your business regarding finances. To gain more and more profit in stationery business you must purchase high-quality things at reasonable prices. After that, you have to sell those objects while keeping your stationery business profit margin .
The stationery business comprises of small as well as large purchases and sales. Large sales such as a pack of 100 notebooks or a pack of 500 folders determine the real stationery business margin profits for you. However, you can also benefit from the small sales as they will also benefit you no matter how small they are! The detailed financial plan for our stationery business is given below. The financial plan describes all expenses required for the startup as well as how these expenses will be covered by your earned revenues.
8.1 Brake-even Analysis
8.3 projected profit and loss, 8.3.1 profit monthly, 8.3.2 profit yearly, 8.3.3 gross margin monthly, 8.3.4 gross margin yearly, 8.4 projected cash flow.
Download Stationery Business Plan Sample in PDF
Professional OGS capital writers specialized also in themes such as corner store business plan , retail business plan , toy store business plan , vape shop business plan , retail discount store business plan , small retail business plan and many other business plans.
OGSCapital’s team has assisted thousands of entrepreneurs with top-rate business plan development, consultancy and analysis. They’ve helped thousands of SME owners secure more than £1.5 billion in funding, and they can do the same for you.
E-mail is already registered on the site. Please use the Login form or enter another .
You entered an incorrect username or password
Thanks for the supporting documents which helps in writing stationery business plan. Though I don't have any resources now but I believe through this plan I will lobby to get funding. I earned bachelor degree in economics and emphasis in demography/population study. Since 2021, I can find a job to suit my area of study. I will also appreciate your fullest efforts in empowering me achieve my purpose here on Earth..
mentioned in the press:
Search the site:
OGScapital website is not supported for your current browser. Please use:
Automated page speed optimizations for fast site performance