Vice President of Business Planning and Strategy Salary in the United States
- United States
Vice President of Business Planning and Strategy Salary
How much does a Vice President of Business Planning and Strategy make in the United States? The average Vice President of Business Planning and Strategy salary in the United States is $322,893 as of October 25, 2023, but the range typically falls between $274,063 and $376,733 . Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education , certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession. With more online, real-time compensation data than any other website, Salary.com helps you determine your exact pay target.
Vice President of Operations & Sales
California Heating - Arcata, CA
VP of Finance
Zerova Technologies USA LLC - Fremont, CA
VP of Distribution
Mad Engine Global LLC - Glendale, CA
Global Vice President of Sales - Beauty Brand
HC Group Advisors - Los Angeles, CA
Individualize employee pay based on unique job requirements and personal qualifications.
Get the latest market price for benchmark jobs and jobs in your industry.
Analyze the market and your qualifications to negotiate your salary with confidence.
Search thousands of open positions to find your next opportunity.
The Vice President of Business Planning and Strategy ensures the best use of the organization's resources for the establishment of key objectives and mission realization, considering organization's strengths, weaknesses, capacity, and products. Develops and recommends the organization's strategic and long-range goals based on analysis and studies of business conditions. Being a Vice President of Business Planning and Strategy keeps leadership abreast of changes in the industry or sector and impact of events on the business climate and incorporates relevant trend data into all plans. Monitors and evaluates results of existing plans to ensure growth and profitability and makes adjustments as necessary. In addition, Vice President of Business Planning and Strategy requires a bachelor's degree. Typically reports to top management. The Vice President of Business Planning and Strategy manages a business unit, division, or corporate function with major organizational impact. Establishes overall direction and strategic initiatives for the given major function or line of business. Has acquired the business acumen and leadership experience to become a top function or division head. (Copyright 2023 Salary.com)
Employers: Job Description Management Tool
Search Job Openings
Career path for this job, down a level:, business and strategic planning senior director.
Vice President of Business Planning and Strategy
Are you an hr manager or compensation specialist.
Salary.com's CompAnalyst platform offers:
- Detailed skills and competency reports for specific positions
- Job and employee pricing reports
- Compensation data tools, salary structures, surveys and benchmarks.
Level of education.
- Vice President of Business Planning and Strategy Salaries with a Bachelor's Degree
- Vice President of Business Planning and Strategy Salaries with a Master's Degree or MBA
- Vice President of Business Planning and Strategy Salaries with a JD, MD, PhD or Equivalent
Vice President of Business Planning and Strategy Salary by Global Country
Vice president of business planning and strategy salary by state.
- District of Columbia
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- New Hampshire
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Browse All Planning Jobs by Salary Level
Browse related industries, browse related job categories with vice president of business planning and strategy.
Take just three simple steps below to generate your own personalized salary report
Understand the total compensation opportunity for a Vice President of Business Planning and Strategy, base salary plus other pay elements
Average base salary.
Average Total Cash Compensation
Includes base and annual incentives
Discover how your pay is adjusted for skills, experience, and other factors
How much should you be paid.
For a real-time salary target, tell us more about your role in the four categories below.
Your estimated salary based on up-to-date market data and the factors you selected below
View the Cost of Living in Major Cities
Recently searched related titles: Partner, Management Consulting Firm
Salary estimation for Vice President of Business Planning and Strategy at companies like : DoBe USA Inc , Doctors Community Hospital Foundationhttps Inc , Wellstreet International Inc
VP Strategic Planning
synonyms and definition
VP Corporate Strategy, VP Strategic Development, Vice President Strategic Planning, VP of Strategic Planning, Vice President Corporate Strategy, Vice President of Strategic Planning, VP of Strategic Development, Vice President Strategic Development, Vice President of Strategic Development, VP Strategy Planning, VP Business Strategy, Vice President Strategy Planning
Project & Support
People who work in the project & Support domain are responsible for managing and supporting projects and processes. Skills and techniques used within project & Support are project management, planning, stakeholder management and administrative skills.
In a leadership position someone is responsible for a group of people, typically an organizational unit or the entire organization, depending on the size of the organization. Leaders are responsible and accountable for overseeing and guiding strategic activities, programs and managers who report to them. Just a few people in an organization are typically in a leadership role.
Best ChatGPT prompts for recruiters: 2024 edition
More advanced ChatGPT tips to help you master the skill of AI recruiting.
How to write job descriptions with ChatGPT: A step-by-step guide
Master the art of creating an enticing job description with the help of AI.
The alternatives to job boards in 2024
This is how to go beyond job boards: a guide to proactive outreach.
Vice President, Corporate Development and Strategy
If you are looking to join one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, goeasy Ltd. is the place for you! Recognized as one of the Top 30 Performing Stocks on the TSX , Canada’s Top Growing Companies , Most Admired Corporate Cultures , Top 50 Fintech’s , and one of North America’s Most Engaged Workplace s , we want the best and brightest to join our team.
We are a publicly traded company on the TSX with over 4000% shareholder return since 2001, goeasy operates two main business units. easyfinancial is our consumer lending business that offers secured and unsecured installment loans of up to $35,000 and easyhome is Canada’s largest merchandise lease-to-own company. It is our vision to provide everyday Canadians the path for a better tomorrow, today by giving them access to the credit they need and by offering them a second chance when they have been turned down by banks and traditional lenders. With a retail network of nearly 400 locations across Canada and over 1900 employees, we are able to build lasting relationships with our customers as we help them rebuild their credit and graduate towards prime rates and a brighter financial future.
The Vice President of Corporate Development and Strategy is a multi-dimensional new position, reporting to the CFO, with responsibilities spanning across business functions. The role is responsible for driving growth by creating, assessing and managing business opportunities including, but not limited to acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures and partnerships, and will have a hand in major capital projects. Additionally, they will be called upon to support in an ad hoc advisory and consulting capacity. This senior leader will be responsible for working across the Executive Team, and with other relevant functional leads, on developing and assessing the company’s key strategic priorities. They will achieve this by expertly researching key competitive themes and trends, identifying opportunities and solutions, and preparing/synthesizing recommendations to enhance the company’s strategic plan. A natural “Analyst”, the VP of Corporate Development will possess a solid understanding of capital markets, business casing and how to weave opportunities into the company’s already ambitious Business Plan.
Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Quarterback the corporate strategic planning process – providing thought leadership, quantitative and qualitative analysis, recommendations, and materials preparation with the support of the Project Delivery Office and members of Finance
- Manage the Strategic Plan throughout the year – once baked, keep a constant eye on the health of company performance to the Plan as initiatives are completed, swapped or injected
- Support key strategic priorities and projects in partnership with the CEO and CFO, and working with other functions and stakeholders as required
- Develop the Business Case methodology – establish a standardized way for leadership to test new business initiatives that are candidate projects or programs including but not limited to: scorecard/benchmarking of initiatives, assessing project prioritization, and evaluating risk assessments
- Negotiate – during prospective deals and on contracts for major projects while working closely with multiple internal cross-functional areas, as well as external business partners
- Engage cross-functionally and be an analytical resource to the rest of the business
- Engage with Investors – manage existing and prospective relationships in coordination with the CFO and CEO
- Support synthesis of materials for presentations (e.g., to the CEO, the Board, Investors, etc.)
- Work with senior leaders to establish a comprehensive strategic roadmap and implement short and long-term objectives and initiatives to drive business results, and to provide fact-based thought leadership on key strategic and financial decisions
- Along with the leadership team devise strategic initiatives to assist in the development of growth, product diversification, and business reengineering initiatives in order to accomplish business goals.
- Responsible for overseeing the finance business case process, investment analysis, analytics, scorecard/benchmarking of initiatives, cash flow modeling, and evaluating return. This analysis is used to prioritize initiatives, evaluate resource needs based upon a strategic business assessment.
- Business Development - by driving business growth through development of new partnerships, organic expansion, and by acquisition while representing the organization during any part of the proposal process
- Identify trends in the marketplace and monitor competitive landscape to determine impact to the organizations product roadmap and uncover opportunities for innovation and growth
- Prepare and manage capital budget for new products, services and enhancements
- Plan, organize, and supervise the work related to any new initiative, assess progress, analyze results obtained, and recommend adjustments as required to achieve the stated objectives of the opportunity
- 7-10 years of work experience acquired (ideally) at a top-tier consulting firm and/or in an internal strategy department for a high growth organization
- Undergraduate degree with a focus in Finance or Commerce; attainment of a MBA, CFA, CBV or CPA, or a combination of the preceding, is desirable
- A successful track record in evaluating business and/or major capital initiatives that have had a high impact on a high growth company; Financial Services experience is preferred
- Proven ability to analyze, evaluate and make recommendations on strategic questions
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Strategic – can understand ‘the big picture’ and exercise good business judgment
- Problem solver – can structure, break down, and solve complex business issues
- Analytical – can analyze and draw conclusions from large and/or complex data sources (both qualitative and quantitative data sets)
- Financial acumen – understands financial analysis/working knowledge of financial statements
- Communicator – can synthesize ideas and thinking for sharing with others
- Self-directed – can manage his/her own work in a fast-changing environment
- Collaborative – able to partner with other functions/business leaders on complex problems and business issues
- Intellectually curious – has a passion for business and enjoys solving problems
- Action-oriented – enjoys translating recommendations into actions
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
goeasy is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, goeasy is committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with all legislative requirements throughout Canada. Please let us know if you require an accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check, credit check, and validation of their work experience to qualify for hire.
We thank all interested applicants, however we will only be contacting those for interview who possess the skills and qualifications outlined above.
Why should you work for goeasy?
To learn more about our great company please click the links below:
How it works, about easyfinancial, branch locator, about easyhome, retail store locator, investor site, service rating, personal loans.
Lease to own
Mastering the Role: Becoming a Strategic Planning VP
- Published: September 30, 2023
- By: Yellowbrick
The Role of a Vice President of Strategic Planning
Responsibilities of a vice president of strategic planning, required skills and qualifications, professional development, key takeaways:.
- The role of a Vice President of Strategic Planning is crucial in developing and implementing strategic initiatives within an organization.
- Conducting thorough market research and analysis is a primary responsibility of this role, allowing for informed decision-making and driving company growth.
- Developing and implementing strategic plans, along with effective communication and leadership skills, are essential for success in this position.
- Analytical thinking and the ability to leverage data to make informed decisions are important skills for a Vice President of Strategic Planning.
- Having a bachelor’s degree in a related field, along with prior experience and professional development, can enhance your chances of landing this executive-level role.
Enter your email to learn more and get a full course catalog!
- Hidden hide names
- Hidden First Name
- Hidden Last Name
- Comments This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
More from Yellowbrick
Developing Effective Writing Habits for Journalism Students
Explore tips on building strong writing habits for journalism students – from reading widely, setting realistic goals, to embracing the editing process.
The Vital Role of Journalism in Historical Documentation
Explore the pivotal role of journalism in historical documentation, uncovering truths, shaping public memory, and inspiring future generations.
Mastering Effective Online Journalism Research: Expert Tips & Strategies
Boost your journalism skills with effective online research strategies and tools. Discover how to verify sources, use data, and leverage social media for accurate reporting.
- Work at Yellowbrick
- Student Login
- Beauty Business Essentials
- Beauty Industry Essentials
- Ecommerce Essentials
- Fashion Business Essentials
- Fashion Industry Essentials
- Footwear Business Essentials
- Gaming & Esports Industry Essentials
- Global Sports Management
- Hospitality Industry Essentials
- Music Industry Essentials
- Performing Arts Industry Essentials
- Product Design Essentials
- Sneaker Essentials
- Streetwear Essentials
- TV/Film Industry Essentials
- UX Design Essentials
- Email This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Parsons faculty, together with design experts from leading organizations, help you build knowledge and skills, explore key trends shaping the future of product design, and gain an understanding of how design, manufacturing, and marketing components work together within the product creation process.
Enter your email to get a free sneak peek, course catalog, and career guide.
Brittany Markle Choreographer/Mentor/Dancer I think my most rewarding experiences have included the success of former students. I take pride in making sure they have the necessary tools to move forward with a career in the entertainment industry and I hope to help them bridge that gap from amateur to professional.
Briah Fowler Marketing and Sales Specialist, New York Giants What's success if you can't share your winnings? As a marketing specialist for the New York Giants, I learned the key to success is giving back. If you can utilize your skill set and talent to help give back to your community, it's one of the most rewarding accomplishments.
Bill Carroll Production Director, Centennial Broadcasting I'm most proud of taking the courage to start a music foundation and help musicians with any kind of disability and who are on the spectrum. It's something close to me and very important to nourish.
Bethany caldwell custom stylist & merchandiser - sales, threadwell clothiers, under armour inc. i am a custom clothier who helps people create custom clothing to look & feel their best -- i like to create quality clothes with meaning -- and i pride myself in making the "experience" part of the process..
Becca Brown NFTs & Collectibles Project Manager, Warner Bros Discovery I'm honored to work with an innovative team where I'm involved in bringing world-renowned brands like DC and Harry Potter to life through cutting-edge collectibles. Seeing our fans engage with our products is incredibly fulfilling and fuels my excitement to continue driving innovation and growth in the licensing space.
B. Danielle Watkins Chief Programmer, iElevate Media Group Writing is my passion, creating is my heart, and telling stories gives me an escape I've never found anywhere else, so to be doing that for the masses is what success looks like for me.
Anissa Lee Product Marketing Manager, Google I’m most proud of launching the 10th annual Google Economic Impact Report and leading its entire end-to-end production... The most meaningful part of this experience was getting the chance to highlight the stories of these incredible and diverse businesses, the majority of which were veteran, female, and BIPOC-run.
Adrian Cantu CEO, CANTUSTUDIO Every day a new proposition arises, as a friend, as a designer, as a co-worker, and as a leader. I like to interpret any challenge as an opportunity that demands better exploration. I personally think you shouldn't live life by treating discouragements and setbacks as a negative force in your way. I think a positive and disciplined mentality helps you find interesting aspects of a "stuck-up" and tackle them as a new adventure.
Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) faculty, alongside experts from Beauty Inc and leading entrepreneurs and beauty companies, help you learn industry practices on how to successfully take a beauty product to market. Lessons include understanding the beauty business landscape, developing a beauty product, formulation, packaging, and branding principles.
- Phone This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Explore all areas of the hospitality and tourism industry with this new 100% online program from New York University (NYU), featuring leaders from across the hospitality, tourism, and travel world.
Parsons faculty, together with entrepreneurs, industry experts and specialists from Printful and Shopify, uncover how to design a seamless, ecommerce enterprise. Lessons range from creating a marketing strategy, building a digital brand, designing a customer journey, optimizing SEO tools and paid media, utilizing data and KPI reporting, understanding distribution and logistics, and more.
Learn how beauty products are developed, packaged and marketed. Understand what it’s really like to be a boss beauty entrepreneur and how to be a successful beauty influencer through this cutting edge online certificate program from FIT, featuring Allure editors and top beauty professionals from across the globe.
Parsons faculty, together with design experts from Creative Bloq and across the industry, explore the critical stages of the UX journey with lessons covering a range of topics from usability research methods, design concepting, and wireframing, to the latest technologies shaping the future of modern user interface design.
Chanel Benjamin Founder, They Love My Splash LLC and Communications & PR Director, G.R.A.C.E. Inc. I am most proud of being named the Community Hero at Yankee Stadium because it was to highlight the iSmileForAngele Scholarship I created in honor of my late grandmother. It also highlighted my iniative #KickBackAgainstBullying Sneaker Drive and the proceeds go to local shelters.
Leaders from across the gaming and esports world, together with faculty from Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), will teach you about the key areas, and related career opportunities in the rapidly changing gaming industry.
- Name This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Explore all areas of the performing arts industry with this new 100% online program from faculty at New York University (NYU), and featuring experts from Backstage and leaders from across the industry.
Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) faculty, alongside experts from WWD and across the industry, help aspiring fashion stylists learn the skills needed to break into the fashion world.
Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) faculty, together with insiders and experts from Footwear News and other leading brands, help you learn how to build a successful footwear company.
Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (FIDM) faculty, alongside experts from WWD and the fashion industry, help aspiring fashion designers learn the skills needed to begin designing a fashion collection.
Parsons School of Design faculty, together with leaders from across the fashion world, will teach you about the key areas, and related career opportunities in the ever-evolving fashion industry.
New York University (NYU) faculty, alongside leading journalists from Rolling Stone and other news organizations, help you learn the industry practices and fundamental skills needed to produce news stories across audio, visual, and digital mediums.
Explore all areas of the film and television industry with this new 100% online program from faculty at New York University (NYU), and featuring experts from IndieWire and Rolling Stone, and leaders from across the industry.
New York University faculty, together with business leaders from across the sports world, will teach about emerging trends, and related career opportunities in the ever-evolving business of global sports and marketing.
Fashion Institute of Technology faculty, together with leaders from Complex and across the sneaker world, will teach you about the key areas, and related career opportunities in the ever-evolving sneaker industry.
Parsons School of Fashion faculty, together with insiders and experts from leading brands, help you learn the business side of fashion, explore key trends shaping the future of the industry, and gain an understanding of how fashion brands are built and launched.
Explore all aspects of the streetwear industry, discover related careers, and build your skills with this online program from Parsons School of Design and Complex, featuring many recognized leaders from across the streetwear world.
Explore all areas of the music industry with this 100% online program from faculty at New York University’s Clive Davis Institute of Recorded Music, featuring experts from Billboard, and leaders from across the industry.
Casey Butler Creative Activation Manager, Roku The industry is constantly changing and evolving. This is part of the excitement of the job, but it can also be very difficult to navigate. Persistence and dedication are some of the most important traits for success in this industry - you need to want to be there and willing to put in the work.
Daniel Bouwhuis Marketing/Brand Manager, Warner Music I believe that my success is not just about achieving a high-status job title, but rather it's about the impact I can make in the lives of others through music. I want to... continue to contribute to creative projects that raise awareness for important issues such as mental health and women's and LGBTQ+ rights.
Wendy Xie Producer - CN Ad Studio, Conde Nast As a Producer, I aspire to produce slice of life ads to increase visibility for ubiquitous or unsung brands founded by people of color and further overcome the bamboo ceiling that so many Asians continue to face in the creative industry. When there is a day where my original ad ideas are broadcasted in the real world, this is when I believe my voice is heard, my impact is valued and appreciated by peers, and that our society is progressively evolving the advertising, media and tech industry to be a more inclusive space for rising creatives of color.
Mehruba Haque Junior Research Fellow, Estonian Business School Women's insecurities have been used for decades to sell beauty products, which have been linked to eating disorders, anxiety, and depression... I would like to come up with a new way to market beauty products that emphasizes that feeling beautiful doesn't come from comparing yourself to other women. I want to be a key player in making these positive changes happen and making the world a better place for women.
Timothy Clarke Mixshow DJ/Personality, Radio One/Urban One, Sirius XM I want to be able to help upcoming artists be heard and seen on a global level, and be known as one of the biggest DJs turned A&R in hip-hop culture.
Tiana brown director of broadcasting & production, university of pennsylvania game day broadcast staff, philadelphia eagles my biggest advice is that if no one wants to open the door for you, kick it off the hinges. most of the opportunities that i have been afforded thus far have come from creating my own and giving opportunities to other people. creating your own opportunities can take a lot of sacrifice, a lot of lost sleep, a lot of fun missed, but in the end it will all be worth it when you wake up every morning living out your dreams..