Crossword Solver > Clues > Crossword-Clue: Designate
DESIGNATE Crossword Clue
Synonyms for designate.
We found 94 Synonyms
- designated (100%)
- Designated as such (100%)
- DESIGNATED ___ (100%)
- Designate PG-13 (84.14%)
- Designate specifically (84.14%)
- Designated amount (84.14%)
- Designated money (84.14%)
- DESIGNATED area (84.14%)
- DESIGNATE OR SCHEDULE (84.14%)
- Designate again (84.14%)
- DESIGNATED ___
- Designate anew
- Designate PG-13
- Designating K-12
- Designate again
- DESIGNATED area
Know another solution for crossword clues containing Designate ? Add your answer to the crossword database now.
- Designate with 6 Letters
- Designate with 7 Letters
DESIGNATE Crossword Clue & Answer
All solutions for designate, synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for designate.
We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word designate will help you to finish your crossword today. We've arranged the synonyms in length order so that they are easier to find.
designate 3 letter words
Designate 4 letter words, designate 5 letter words, designate 6 letter words, designate 7 letter words, designate 8 letter words, designate 9 letter words, designate 10 letter words, designate 11 letter words, designate 12 letter words, designate 13 letter words, top answers for designate crossword clue from newspapers, definition of designate.
- assign a name or title to
Thanks for visiting The Crossword Solver "designate".
We've listed any clues from our database that match your search for "designate". There will also be a list of synonyms for your answer. The synonyms and answers have been arranged depending on the number of characters so that they're easy to find.
If a particular answer is generating a lot of interest on the site today, it may be highlighted in orange.
If your word "designate" has any anagrams, you can find them with our anagram solver or at this site.
We hope that you find the site useful.
Regards, The Crossword Solver Team
More clues you might be interested in
- close examination
- fish for a casserole
- sewer's protection
- creative skill
- japanese verse form
- baptismal sponsor
- social insects
Score for DESIGNATE
DESIGNATE is an official word in Scrabble with 11 points.
- Legal Notice
- Missing Link
- Privacy Settings
- Made with love from Mark & Crosswordsolver.com
tools and articles for letters and words
Home » Crossword-Solver » Crossword Clue: Designate
set length and letters
Designate : 12 answers – Crossword-Clue
What do i see.
On this side you can find all answers for the crossword clue Designate .
If you miss an answer fell free to contact us .
Using the tool.
Visit the instruction to find out more about this tool.
- Quick Solve
- Solution Wizard
- Clue Database
- Crossword Forum
- Anagram Solver
- Online Crosswords
Designate - Crossword Clue
Below are possible answers for the crossword clue Designate .
5 letter answer(s) to designate
- administer or bestow, as in small portions; "administer critical remarks to everyone present"; "dole out some money"; "shell out pocket money for the children"; "deal a blow to someone"; "the machine dispenses soft drinks"
- allow to have; "grant a privilege"
- give out; "We were assigned new uniforms"
6 letter answer(s) to designate
- administer an oil or ointment to ; often in a religious ceremony of blessing
- choose by or as if by divine intervention; "She was anointed the head of the Christian fundamentalist group"
- attribute or credit to; "We attributed this quotation to Shakespeare"; "People impute great cleverness to cats"
- attribute or give; "She put too much emphasis on her the last statement"; "He put all his efforts into this job"; "The teacher put an interesting twist to the interpretation of the story"
- decide as to where something belongs in a scheme; "The biologist assigned the mushroom to the proper class"
- give an assignment to (a person) to a post, or assign a task to (a person)
- make undue claims to having
- select something or someone for a specific purpose; "The teacher assigned him to lead his classmates in the exercise"
- transfer one's right to
7 letter answer(s) to designate
- assign a duty, responsibility or obligation to; "He was appointed deputy manager"; "She was charged with supervising the creation of a concordance"
- create and charge with a task or function; "nominate a committee"
- furnish; "a beautifully appointed house"
- a distinctive characteristic or attribute
- give or assign a resource to a particular person or cause; "I will earmark this money for your research"; "She sets aside time for meditation every day"
- identification mark on the ear of a domestic animal
- Set aside for future use
4 letter answer(s) to designate
- a defamatory or abusive word or phrase
- a language unit by which a person or thing is known; "his name really is George Washington"; "those are two names for the same thing"
- a person's reputation; "he wanted to protect his good name"
- a well-known or notable person; "they studied all the great names in the history of France"; "she is an important figure in modern music"
- assign a specified (usually proper) proper name to; "They named their son David"; "The new school was named after the famous Civil Rights leader"
- by the sanction or authority of; "halt in the name of the law"
- charge with a function; charge to be; "She was named Head of the Committee"; "She was made president of the club"
- determine or distinguish the nature of a problem or an illness through a diagnostic analysis
- family based on male descent; "he had no sons and there w
3 letter answer(s) to designate
- a faucet for drawing water from a pipe or cask
- a gentle blow
- a light touch or stroke
- a plug for a bunghole in a cask
- a small metal plate that attaches to the toe or heel of a shoe (as in tap dancing)
- a tool for cutting female (internal) screw threads
- cut a female screw thread with a tap
- dance and make rhythmic clicking sounds by means of metal plates nailed to the sole of the dance shoes; "Glover tapdances better than anybody"
- draw (liquor) from a tap; "tap beer in a bar"
- draw from or dip into to get something; "tap one's memory"; "tap a source of money"
- draw from; make good use of; "we must exploit the resources we are given wisely"
- furnish with a tap or spout, so as to be able to draw liquid from it; "tap a cask of wine"
- make a solicitation or entreaty for something; request urgently or persistently; "Henry IV solicited the Pope for a divorce"; "My neighbor keeps so
Other crossword clues with similar answers to 'Designate'
Still struggling to solve the crossword clue 'designate'.
If you're still haven't solved the crossword clue Designate then why not search our database by the letters you have already!
- Words By Letter:
- Clues By Letter:
- » Home
- » Quick Solve
- » Solution Wizard
- » Clue Database
- » Crossword Help Forum
- » Anagram Solver
- » Dictionary
- » Crossword Guides
- » Crossword Puzzles
- » Contact
© 2023 Crossword Clue Solver. All Rights Reserved. Crossword Clue Solver is operated and owned by Ash Young at Evoluted Web Design . Optimisation by SEO Sheffield .
Synonyms of designate
- as in to choose
- as in to appoint
- as in to name
- More from M-W
- To save this word, you'll need to log in. Log In
Thesaurus Definition of designate
Synonyms & Similar Words
- single (out)
Antonyms & Near Antonyms
- code - name
Thesaurus Entries Near designate
Cite this entry.
“Designate.” Merriam-Webster.com Thesaurus , Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/designate. Accessed 8 Nov. 2023.
More from Merriam-Webster on designate
Nglish: Translation of designate for Spanish Speakers
Britannica English: Translation of designate for Arabic Speakers
Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free!
Can you solve 4 words at once?
Word of the day.
See Definitions and Examples »
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Games & Quizzes
Having trouble solving the crossword clue " Designate "? Why not give our database a shot. You can search by using the letters you already have!
To enhance your search results and narrow down your query, you can refine them by specifying the number of letters in the desired word. Additionally, if you already know certain letters within the word, you can provide them in the form of a pattern using the symbol "?" to represent unknown letters. Let's take an example pattern: "d?f???ul?".
Best answers for Designate – Crossword Clue
Submit New Clue / Answer
Likely related crossword puzzle clues
Based on the answers listed above, we also found some clues that are possibly similar or related.
- Designate Crossword Clue
- Designate "commercial" or Crossword Clue
- Org. with a "Designate a Crossword Clue
- Officially designate Crossword Clue
- Designate European rescue vessel to guard strip of water Crossword Clue
- It's the minister's place to designate names Crossword Clue
- Conductor designate went by car Crossword Clue
- Designate for a purpose Crossword Clue
- On reflection, designate old man as missing link? Crossword Clue
- Set aside, designate Crossword Clue
- Term used to designate elves and fairies Crossword Clue
- Designate funding for a particular project Crossword Clue
- To give or designate a task to someone Crossword Clue
- Designate officially Crossword Clue
- Designate a quiet location Crossword Clue
- designate anew Crossword Clue
- Designate for a specific purpose Crossword Clue
- ritually designate Crossword Clue
- Figure of speech in which an expression applied to one thing is used to designate another Crossword Clue
- Designate again Crossword Clue
- "Designate commercial or single-family, e.g." Crossword Clue
- "Org. with a Designate a Driver program" Crossword Clue
- Designate, in a way Crossword Clue
- Designate falsely Crossword Clue