USE LENDINGKART IN YOUR PREFERRED LANGUAGE
Complete hotel business plan guide – how to start/open a hotel business in india.
If there is one industry that has picked up huge momentum in the past decade, it is the travel and tourism industry. With more and more people travelling, not just within the country, but also internationally for tourism as well as business purpose, the one sector that has seen a massive surge in the travel and tourism industry is the hotel sector. Thanks to globalisation, people have become more aware of the comforts and luxuries they should expect from a good hotel.
Also, India is one of the leading countries whose travel and tourism sector contributes a major chunk to the nation’s GDP. As per the current trend, the demand for hotel accommodation is growing at 6% per annum. However, against that, the growth of supply is at 3% per annum. Thus, there is tremendous potential in the hotel industry for someone looking to start a new business.
Like with any other business, it is vital to first chalk out a detailed road map of your business plan to control and direct a steady growth as well as to obtain funds for from outside investors and lenders.
A step by step strategy for starting a hotel business is as follows:
Step 1: Prepare a strategy – the very first step in the process is to plan your business strategy which gives a snapshot of the hotel’s growth plan for the next 5 years. This should include the foreseeable goals, obstacles, SWAT analysis of the industry as well as in depth plans for meeting the set goals. In short, it should be a short, yet crisp summary that provides a clear cut outline of the entire business strategy.
When you present your business plans to obtain a business loan from lenders, the investors and lenders usually go through the first page and decide if they wish to read more, so it is also vital to lay out all the critical information up front like your market analysis that proves that a new hotel is needed and your unique skills and qualifications for meeting your objectives.
Step 2: Industry analysis – this can initially seem overwhelming, given the sheer number of hotels being opened all across the country these days. But, you will need to focus your attention only on the hotel sector that mirrors your hotel plan. Is it is small motel with just basic amenities? Is it an upscale boutique hotel? Or a luxury resort or 5 star property with modern amenities? You will first need to decide what niche you wish to target and then accordingly analyse the trends and projections that are likely to affect that market niche.
Step 3: Customer analysis – as it is popularly said, ‘Customer is the king of the market’, even in the hotel industry, it is imperative that you understand the requirements of your target customers. You need to get answers to questions like who is likely to choose your hotel? Are they travelling for business or pleasure? Are they travelling with kids? How often are they likely to visit the hotel? What would be their ideal budget? What will be their expectations? Latest amenities ? Luxurious interiors? Outdoor sports? And so on. It is vital for you to figure out the potential customer’s demographics and accordingly draw a plan to meet their expectations.
Step4: Competitor’s analysis – there are two types of competitors you need to analyse: Direct competitors that include hotels that target your market and indirect competitors, which include a broader sector like restaurants and other businesses that are just a part of your market. You will accordingly need to plan a strategy to ensure your hotel has something unique to offer.
Step 5: Planning the marketing – this will consist of four Ps – product, price, place and promotion. Product being your hotel and its services, price being the rates of your products and services, place being the physical location of your hotel as well as its website or other booking sites it is listed on and promotion is your way of attracting customers to not just stay with you once, but also keep coming back.
Step 6 : Operations – your short term operations will include the day to day tasks of booking reservations, check-in and check-out clients, luggage handling, housekeeping, accounting and so on, whereas the long term operations will include the ways in which you plan to meet your goals like achieving a certain rate of occupancy, adding more restaurants and other such additional services to attract more visitors.
Step 7 : Management – a strong management team is the backbone of your hotel business as it will not only convince financers to invest money in your venture, but also ensure smooth functioning of the operations.
Step 8 : Financing – last but not the least will be to get a business loan for your hotel venture. Given the potential for growth in the hotel sector in India, various lenders like banks, NBFCs including digital NBFCs like Lendingkart are willing to invest in this growing market.
Benefits of obtaining a loan from Fintech companies like Lendingkart, which have seen a consistent surge of late, are:
- Tailored credit solutions
- Quick loan processing
- No collateral needed
- Zero hidden charges
- Flexible repayment options
- Provides good flow of liquidity
- Enhances credit score integrity
- Submission of application on the website by filling up personal, business and loan details.
- Upload the required documents that include address proof, business registration proof, GST filling, Trade licence, VAT registration, Aadhar card, bank statements, PAN card and TIN.
- Evaluation – after evaluating the application, if found to be in accordance, the loan in sanctioned.
- Disbursal – the loan amount is credited.
Hotel Business Plan FAQs:
1. what are the different types of hotel loans provided, 2. for what purpose can we avail a hotel business loan, 3. what is the interest rate for hotel loan, 4. what are the processing fees of lending kart, 5. does lendingkart charge any pre closure fees, 6. what is the loan tenure, 7. what are the repayment instalments options, 8. why is it advisable to pay loan instalments bi weekly, 9. does lendingkart charge any hidden fees, 10. is there any collateral required for business loans, 11. what are the key areas to consider before one thinks of opening a hotel business, 12. what are the basic costs that one needs to incur before investing in a hotel business, 13. what kind of housekeeping staff is required for a basic hotel, 14. what are the kind of licenses that are required by the hotel business owner, 15. how can one determine the hotel area which can be built.
Investment ideas, make money at home.
- Bitcoin and Xcoins
- Earn On Social Networking
- Make a Website
- Money Making Apps
- Affiliate Marketing
- Online Surveys
- Start a Blog
- Web Hosting
Your passion your money.
- Money on E-Marketing
Student Money Making
Make Money Online
● Small Business Ideas
● Business Investment
● Franchise Business
● Part TimeM oney Making
● High Profit
● Startup Ideas
How to Start a Small Hotel Business in India: Business Plan, License, Permits, Setup Cost, Profit, and Requirements
Table of contents, investment needed to start a small hotel business in india, license/permits required for starting a small hotel business in india, requirements for starting a small hotel business in india, small hotel business plan – how do i write a business plan for a small hotel, how to start a small hotel business step-by-step , how to start a small hotel business with no money in india, small hotel business franchise in india, how to run a successful hotel business in india, profit margin in the small hotel business in india, taxes/gst in the small hotel business in india, challenges/risks involved in the small hotel business in india.
There is a growing demand for small hotels in India. These are usually family-owned businesses that offer simple, affordable accommodation. There are several reasons for this trend. First, the country’s population is growing rapidly, and there is increasing demand for affordable hotel accommodations. Second, hotel prices have increased dramatically recently, making small hotels attractive. Finally, many Indian people are now traveling and want to experience the local hospitality scene.
Small hotels can be a great way to start your own business. They don’t require a large initial investment and offer much flexibility. You can run your hotel as a sole proprietorship or as part of a franchise network. The main downside of small hotels is that they can be difficult to notice. You must ensure you target the right market segment and deliver the right product at the right price. This blog post will explain the requirements, investment, and profit margin of a small hotel business in India.
How to start a small hotel business in India
Are you questioning the cost of opening a small hotel in India? Starting a small hotel business in India can be cost-effective, but it will require some investment. Here are the costs and what you’ll need to start up: To get started, you’ll need to purchase or lease a property. A small hotel typically costs between Rs 50 lakh and Rs 1 crore, although the price will vary depending on the location and size of the hotel.
You’ll also need enough money to cover initial operating expenses, such as marketing and occupancy taxes. In terms of staffing, you’ll need at least two full-time employees, including a general manager and a head of housekeeping. Additional staff may be necessary for tourism seasons, such as Christmas or Easter.
In case you missed it: How to Start a Tiffin Service Center in India: Business Plan, Setup Cost, Profit Margin, and Requirements
The average wage for a general manager in a small hotel is Rs 25,000 per month, while the head of the housekeeping salary is Rs 20,000. In addition, you will need to make sure that your property meets certain standards. In India, hotels must have at least 16 rooms and be 100 square feet (9 square meters). You’ll also need to install air conditioning and electrical wiring, provide safe drinking water supplies, and maintain a clean property.
Starting a small hotel business in India can be a great way to make some money and gain some experience in the industry. However, before starting any such business, it is important to be aware of the necessary licenses and permits that need to be obtained. The following are some licenses and permits typically required to start a small hotel business in India:
- Hotel Management License : This license is required if you plan on running a hotel with more than 10 rooms.
- Food Safety Certificate : This certificate is required if you plan to serve guests food.
- Building Permit : This permit is necessary if you want to build or remodel a hotel structure.
- Fire safety certificate
- GST number . Check with your local municipal office for required permits.
- Location : Ideally, a small hotel business should be in a metropolitan area. However, if the business is located in a rural area, it should still have good access to major transportation hubs.
- Possible Sources of Revenue : The most common sources of revenue for small hotel businesses in India are room rates, direct marketing, and catering services.
- Staffing : A small hotel business in India typically needs between two and five full-time employees.
- Operating Costs : The operating costs for a small hotel business in India are typically lower than for a larger hotel business. For example, the cost of property and equipment may be lower, as well as the cost of labor.
To write a hotel business plan for a small hotel, you first need to understand the different components of a business plan. A business plan should include the following;
- Business Overview
- Market analysis
- Product/service differentiation
- Competitive landscape
- Financial analysis
- Management plan
In case you missed it: How to Start a Laundry Business in India: Business Plan, License, Investment, Profit Margin, and Requirements
Once you have a good understanding of the components of a business plan, you can start writing your own. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Start with an overview of your business . What is your company’s mission? What makes your hotel unique? How will guests find and visit your property? Then, write down everything you know about your company and how it will benefit customers.
- Make a market analysis . What are the current trends in the hospitality industry? What are the key challenges facing small hotels today? By understanding the challenges and opportunities in your market, you’ll be able to create a unique selling proposition (USP) that will attract guests.
- Differentiate yourself from competitors . How will your guests perceive the value of staying at your hotel compared to other options? Are there any new trends in travel that you can capitalize on? Think creatively about improving your current services and making your hotel stand out from the competition.
- Know thy costs . What is necessary to maintain and run your hotel successfully? What are the most important expenses associated with running a small hotel, and what can you do to reduce them?
Starting a small hotel business can be a great way to make extra money and have your own business. Here are step-by-step instructions on how to get started:
- Choose a location – One of the first things you need to do is decide on a location for your business. You can either start with an existing hotel or find a new location to lease or purchase.
- Get the necessary permits – Once you’ve chosen a location, you’ll need to get the necessary permits from local authorities. This includes zoning approval, building permits, and fire code certification.
- Market your business – Once you have all the permits, it’s time to start marketing your small hotel business. First, you’ll need to create a brochure, website, and marketing plan targeting potential customers.
- Get started – Once you’ve finalized your plans, it’s time to start building your small hotel business.
In case you missed it: How to Start a Small Business in Australia: Business Plan, Cost, Profit, and Requirements
- One way is to find an existing hotel and purchase it.
- Another option is to find a franchise opportunity. You can also find an individual investing partner or apply for a small business loan from any bank.
- And finally, you can start a hotel from scratch using private funding. Whichever route you choose, be prepared for long hours and hard work. But with careful planning and some luck, starting a small hotel can be an enjoyable and lucrative experience.
If you want to get into the hotel business, franchising might be the right option. Franchising offers several benefits, such as stability and predictability in your business. Plus, it can give you access to a large pool of potential customers. However, to start franchising, you’ll need to assess your skills and qualifications.
First, ensure you have the experience and knowledge to run a successful small hotel business. Next, create a strong business plan and marketing strategy. Finally, find a reputable franchise company to help you set up and manage your business. If you’re ready to get started with franchising, be sure to research different options available in India. Many reputable franchise companies can help you get started.
Running a successful hotel business in India can be a very rewarding experience, provided you do your research and put in the hard work. Here are five tips to help you get started:
- Get licensed and insured; first and foremost, you’ll need to obtain a license from the government and your state’s licensing authority. Ensure your property is properly insured for fire and liability purposes.
- Set your prices right while it’s important to be competitive, setting prices too high can drive away customers. Be sure to factor in taxes and other necessary fees into your pricing structure.
- Build an awesome team in India that prides itself on its teams of competent staff members who can provide top-notch service to its guests. Hire people who share your vision and are committed to making your business successful.
- Invest in Property and Equipment To run a successful hotel business in India, you’ll need to make significant investments. Purchase an up-to-date property that meets the standards set by local authorities, and invest in the latest equipment and technology to improve efficiency and guest service.
In case you missed it: 12 Best Small Business Ideas in Australia with High Returns
In a small hotel business in India, the profit margin can be quite high due to the low labor cost. However, several expenses also need to be considered, such as rental costs for the premises, electricity and water bills, and depreciation on fixtures and equipment. Therefore, to maximize profits, it is important to carefully plan and budget for these costs and find ways to reduce operating costs.
In India, taxes/GST applies to all business activities, including those in the hospitality sector. The GST is a nationwide tax levied at the rate of 18%. All hotel establishments with an annual occupancy of more than five rooms are considered small businesses and, therefore, subject to GST regulations. The GST registration process for hotels is straightforward and requires only a registration form and a total annual taxable income declaration.
There is no need to submit any other documentation. However, once registered, the hotel establishment must pay quarterly taxes on its total taxable income. Therefore, it is important to keep accurate records of all transactions within the hotel premises to calculate the taxable income. Hoteliers should also be aware of other tax implications from their business operations. Your charted accountant (CA) is the right source for taking care of income tax filings, GST filings, and other trade-related filings.
In India, the small hotel business is growing quickly. There are many challenges and risks involved in operating a small hotel in this market, but with the right strategy and planning, these businesses can be successful. One of the main challenges facing small hotels in India is competition from larger chains.
In case you missed it: How to Start a Car Wash Business in Canada: Business Plan, Cost, Profit, License, and Requirements
Many of the larger chains have invested heavily in the Indian market, and they are now well-established businesses with strong networks and economies of scale. These chains can often afford better prices and more convenient amenities than smaller hotels, making it difficult for small hotels to compete. Another challenge facing small hotels in India is finding suitable locations. Many of the best locations are already occupied by large chains or other types of businesses, and it can be difficult to find a location that is both profitable and accessible.
Starting a small hotel business in India can be a rewarding experience if you have the right attitude and the necessary skills. The key to success is to be organized, efficient, and patient. There are many potential pitfalls, but with careful planning and execution, starting a small hotel business can be rewarding. We wish you good luck in your small hotel business in India. If you live in the following states or popular cities, the above article is useful for starting and running a small hotel business in India.
- 10 Garden Tools Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Fertilizer-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 9 Profitable Repair-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Disposable-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Solar-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 7 Profitable Biodegradable-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Insurance-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Construction-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Manufacturing-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 9 Profitable Glass Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 9 Profitable Lemongrass-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 9 Profitable Spirulina-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Herbal-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 11 Profitable Neem-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 12 Profitable Synthetic-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
How to Choose the Right F&O Trading Platform – A Comprehensive Guide
- 13 Profitable Handmade Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Meat Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Businesses
- 13 Profitable Pets Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Services
- 13 Profitable Medical Equipment Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Beauty-Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing and Services
- 10 Profitable Citrus-Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Leather Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 7 Profitable Garlic Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Production Businesses
- 10 Profitable Ginger Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Production Businesses
- 10 Profitable Organic Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Health and Wellness Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Turmeric Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Rose-Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 7 Profitable Sugarcane Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Banana Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 20 Profitable Heat Press Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Printing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Wheat Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Corn Based Business Ideas: Make Money with Low Investment
- 10 Profitable Jute Based Business Ideas: Make Money with Low Investment
- 10 Profitable Cotton Based Business Ideas: Money Making with Low Investment
LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply
Save my name and email in this browser for the next time I comment.
How to Make Money from Tea Stall Business (Chai)
Farm equipment selling business – plan, how to build a strong brand identity for small businesses, how to start a jalebi business in india: investment, profit, and equipment, dhoop sticks making business – how to start, bamboo crafts making business – how to start in india, bread manufacturing project report, business plan, how to start a car wash business in georgia: business plan, setup cost, profit, requirements, and license/permit , profits in pasta making business (cost to start), 11 profitable business ideas for next year, how to start a proofreading business, earn money from chalk making business, virtual assistant for your business, how to make money from a handmade craft business, manufacturing business under 1 lakh investment in india, make money from liquid organic fertilizer production, how to start a jewelry business in india, how to make money with stock photos, graphics, or music, how to start a babysitting business in alabama: business plan, cost, profit, requirements, and license/permit, how to make money from t-shirt printing business, mineral water plant business information, rakhi making business – a beginners guide, successful trading tips for beginners, investment plans for beginners in india, best child investment plans in india, sustainability in hospitality: practical steps for small hotels, 11 most profitable bamboo based business ideas with low investment: money-making business plan, matchstick manufacturing business information, electric vehicle subsidy in india, paper plate making business information, top 30 agricultural stocks to buy in india , candle making business – a beginners guide, soft toy making business information, paper napkin manufacturing business, mutual funds information for beginners, home based manufacturing business ideas, export business ideas for beginners, training on share market in india, certified courses, spice processing and packaging information, money making home jobs for retirees, free money making ideas, event management business information, chocolate making business for beginners, shuttlecock manufacturing business guide, paper bag manufacturing business guide, how to make money from growing plants at home in india, how to start lip balm making business at home, student money making ideas, tips, guide, low investment business franchise information, jobs for uneducated women, money making ideas, make money with tutions by online and offline, internet jobs from home, online jobs, web jobs, how to invest in share market – a beginners guide, top 20 ways to make extra money, tips, and ideas, student money making ideas for beginners, marble business information for beginners, how to start a pharmacy business in india, uc news app earn money information, beauty salon business for beginners, herbal store franchise info in india, make money with blogging, preschool franchise information in india, litecoin trading information for beginners, 5 steps to building a social media presence, earn with google adsense – a beginners guide, email reading jobs information, start earning from real estate business, online teaching jobs in india, 9 practical tips for buying jewelry for your loved one, ad posting jobs information, profits in tent house business in india (cost to start), best paying url shorteners list in 2017, online small business ideas for stay-at-home parents, free paytm cash information, youtube money making ideas for beginners, real ways to make money from home, captcha jobs information.
- Privacy & Terms
© Copyright 2023, Idea2MakeMoney | All Rights Reserved.
Chat With Us
Schedule A Call Back
Our Experts are ready to assist you, Let's Connect with Us By submit your enquiry.
Welcome to Corpseed. Please type your query, and we shall provide immediate assistance.
Didn't receive code? Resend OTP
Your Enquiry has been received !!
Our legal advisor will contact you shortly.., how to start a hotel business in india - business guide.
- Introduction: Hotel Business in India
Travelling and Tourism industry is expanding over the last decade. Living in hotels can make you feel content with yourselves and give an amazing experience leaving behind all the stress of professional and personal lives. In fact, because of globalization and tourism, people are becoming more and more aware of what they deserve. Did you know the Indian hotel industry is predicted to hit a value of Rs. 1,210.87 billion by the end of 2023? India is one of the leading countries when it comes to travel and tourism contributing to the nation’s GDP. At present, demand for hotel accommodation is growing at 6% per annum. Now, imagine, what if you could have your own hotel, fascinating right? The domestic market in India is much larger than the international market. It is very important to make them feel comfortable and relaxed.
Table of Contents
Investments Are One Of The Biggest And First Steps To Consider While Planning To Start A Hotel.
Strengths of starting a hotel business, weakness of starting a hotel business, location and other things, hotel area plan, need research in the market, building permit, fire safety permit , police verification license for hotel , health trade license , food safety license , business registration, bar license, pf registration, fssai food business license, eating house license, steps to start a hotel business , there are licenses required especially if you wish to host events., strategies to run a hotel, factors to consider while planning the establishment of a hotel business, types of business plans .
--------------Blog Contact Form-------------
The more good feedback is, the better will be for tourism and your business shall flourish. Hotel Businesses are one of the best businesses to start in India. Travelling is increasing and more and more people are traveling than before. This gives hotels a great opportunity to grow and increase their finances. In this article, we shall talk about starting our own hotel business in our very own country filled with diversity, India.
If you want to open a hotel:-
- Research well related to the Indian hotel industry.
- Decide the location and type of business
- Get required funding
- Complete the important documentation
- Arrange logistics services and are required
- Plan your hotel’s layout
- Hire qualified staff
- Get promotion for services
- It is very essential to understand what sort of investment would be required for your business.
- There are certain factors to be kept in mind while thinking of investments i.e. location, size, nature of business, government regulations, licenses, permits, etc.
- For financial assistance, a loan is one option.
You can consult with a financial agent. He shall require a specific commission for the services.
Finances can be arranged by existing savings, selling of a property, financial institutes, banks, or other sources.
- High-profit market
Though investments are huge, profit margins are also higher.
- Helps you travel
If you are a manager for a long-chain hotel, you’ll have a chance to travel locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Creative Input
You'll have to implement new ideas and keep trying to improve the services you offer.
You’ll have to be flexible when it comes to some necessary changes to be done.
- Lack of Control
It is not easy to trust an outsider but for operations, the hotels are dependent on insiders.
Hotels tend to lose customers because of inside and outside competition.
The affordable ones lower their standards of services and maintenance
- Setup Expenses
Setup Expenses are huge. Money and efforts, both tend to be huge.
It takes a lot of effort to manage and the cost of infrastructure is also high.
When it comes to establishing a business, location plays a very important role. The first thing is to find a location and look for its present or future demand.
- It will help to widen your scope in terms of visitors as well as revenue.
- After you have decided upon the location, it is time to look for what kind of hotel and amenities you are willing to go for.
The size of your hotel depends on your planning. If you wish to construct a moderate-sized hotel with around 80 to 100 rooms, then the estimated space required is 10000 to 50000 square feet. For a five-star hotel consisting of more than 100 rooms, you can go for 100,000 sq ft.
- The first step is to familiarize yourself with the global and local hospitality industries.
- Research and remain up to date with the latest hotel news.
- Gain some experience in the market.
To Start A Business, Various Licenses Are Required. The Multiple Licenses Are-
The National Building Code of India was prepared by the Bureau of Indian Standards to unify building regulations throughout the county.
According to National Building Code, no person shall carry out development, make alterations or demolish any building.
All hotels shall have a proper building permit as per the relevant town planning Act or Municipal Act.
Fire Safety Permit is essential for Fire Department and is necessary for operating a hotel business. Fire Safety Certificate is provided if the building has facilities for proper fire prevention as mentioned under the relevant fire safety rules and regulations.
Hotels are closely monitored by the police department. Therefore it gets more necessary for hotels to follow regulations and maintain a valid permit from the Police Department.
Health Trade License is obtained from the local health department or Municipal Corporation.
It gives permission to for performing trade and business specifically for those items having a direct impact on public health.
If you issue this license, the Municipal Corporation certifies your establishment compiling with hygiene and security standards essential for public health.
This license is administered by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
It lays down the standards for articles of food and regulates the manufacturing, storage, distribution, sale, and import to ensure the availability of sale and wholesome food for human consumption.
Under an artificial legal entity, a hotel is set up.
By operating under an artificial legal entity, the liability of the promoters with respect to the business can be limited.
- If your hotel serves alcohol or operates a bar, a bar license will be required from the relevant authorities.
- Bar license is provided by departments operating under the State government.
- Required for any establishment that employs more than 20 people in India.
- PF Board administers a contributory provident fund , pension scheme, and insurance scheme.
- FSSAI is required for operating a restaurant in Inda.
- It is provided for a year and is renewed at the end of the year.
- FSSAI is managed by the local FSSAI office.
- This does not fall under the purview of the Central Government.
- Eating House is any place where people can consume food.
- This is provided by Licensing Police Commissioner of the city.
- Prepare a Strategy
This should include your goals, obstacles, and plans to achieve the desired goals.
When your business plan is to be presented for getting a loan, the investors and lenders usually go through the first page and it’s upon them to read further.
They could even wish to read more so it is important to lay out the critical information.
- Industry analysis
You need to figure out the niche you are willing to target, is it going to be a small motel with basic amenities; an upscale boutique hotel, or a luxury resort with modern amenities?
First of all, you’ll need to decide what niche you are willing to target and then analyze the trends likely to affect the market niche.
- Planning the marketing
There are four p’s to be considered
Operations include daily tasks of-
- Booking reservations
- Check-ins and check-outs.
Management is the backbone of your hotel venture, it can only convince financiers to invest money in your venture and also ensure smooth functioning of operations.
Get a loan for your hotel venture. There will be various lenders like banks NBFC’s, willing to invest in your market.
These are the licenses required:-
- Eating House License:- This can be obtained through the Licensing Police Commissioners of your city.
- Food Safety License:- This can be obtained from the food safety and security authority of India
- Fire Department License:- This can be obtained from any fire department in your region
- Health / Trade License:- This is obtained from the local civil authority in India
- Liquor License:- This can be obtained from the local excise department
- Hotels require human resources, especially the management team.
The prerequisites of having a management team are they should be qualified and experienced.
- Meet various hotel owners and gain the required experience from them.
It can be a lot profitable and helpful in the long term.
- Connect with financial institutions because many financial institutions such as banks provide financial assistance and flexible repayment options to create business establishments.
- Research and calculate minute details and other aspects such as feasibility, viability, and future sustainable growth.
- Take the help of a financial expert who is well-qualified and capable enough to calculate all working capital expenditures and expenses.
- Location and amount of staff required
- Plan should include the type of business with details such as rooms, amenities, capacity, and infrastructure requirements.
- Externally Focused Business Plan:
Plans target goals essential to external stakeholders. It contains detailed information about the organization reaching its goals. For a hotel business plan, external stakeholders include customers and investors.
- Internally Focused Business Plan
It is when a company’s growth is funded by the revenue of the business itself. This includes estimated expenses and projected sales but does not need to go into details relating to the company or product.
- Growth plan business
They are in-depth descriptions of proposed - growth and are written for external and internal purposes. If company growth requires investment, the growth plan will include complete descriptions of the company, its managers, and officers.
- Operations Business Plans
They are internal plans consisting of elements related to company operations.
The operations plan outlines the responsibilities of employees.
- Feasibility Business Plans
There are two things you need to ask yourselves:
- Who will purchase the service or a product a company wants to sell
- If a venture can turn into a profit
They also include target demographics, capital required, and recommendations to go forward.
- Strategic Business Plans
It is all about setting high plans and how to fulfill them. And also It helps in knowing the bigger picture motivating employees to work together and complete the big goals altogether.
In this article, we talked about how one can start a hotel business and what are the requirements. There are both pros and cons when it comes to the hotel business so one should calculate and bring a balance for the same. There are some licenses that are quite essential for opening a hotel. One must obtain all the licenses and for that services shall be facilitated by Corpseed
This portion of the site is for informational purposes only. The content is not legal advice. The statements and opinions are the expression of author, not corpseed, and have not been evaluated by corpseed for accuracy, completeness, or changes in the law.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
Get help from an experienced legal adviser. Schedule your consultation at a time that works for you and it's absolutely FREE.
Thank you for your vote! Would you have any suggestions for improvements?
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us , we hope to see you again soon. .
Home » Business » New Business Ideas » How To Make a Successful Hotel Business Plan?
How To Make a Successful Hotel Business Plan?
It is a known fact that the hospitality industry was one of the fastest-growing and profitable industries before the pandemic. With the pandemic, the hospitality industry across the globe had its own set of repercussions, and India was no escape to it! However, with ease in restrictions and people adapting to the new normal, the hospitality industry is picking its pace and has started to garner its revenue. If you are wondering about starting your hotel business in 2022, now is the right time!
With lockdown restrictions easing, several individuals have started to take up quick weekend breaks. There has begun an increase in the demand for affordable hotels and lodging, but also luxury accommodations have started to be in demand. Even though one cannot forget how the pandemic hampered the growth of the hotel industry, the hospitality industry always offers a rewarding experience to all hotel owners or those who want to start a hotel business. With the hotel industry all set to seek its boom, it’s safe to say that it is the right time to start your own hotel business! In this article, we shall talk about how you can get started with your own hotel business, the costs that can likely arise, and everything you need to know about starting your own hotel business in 2022.
In today’s world, starting a hotel business can seem to be an effortless task due to the instant access to resources and given technological advancement. However, the pandemic has taught all the hoteliers to rethink their hotel business strategy and ensure that they plan diligently. They must ensure that their establishment (hotel) is well prepared in infrastructure, services and lodging and is well-equipped to face all the challenges. One must remember that it takes a lot of time to start a hotel business, and you must take the enormous step to take a risk and earn a higher amount of profits.
Table of Contents
How to Start Hotel Business in India ?
As we understand how to get started with our hotel business, we have brought you some expert tips and advice from the experts! Let’s read on to find out!
Discovering the market need
The first and foremost step you need to take while starting any business is to identify the market gap. Similarly, for anyone who wants to start a hotel business, it is essential for you to look into multiple aspects such as industry trends, location, type of hotel. It would be best if you kept yourself informed on a recurrent basis. Once you understand the basic information about the industry, it is time for you to start market research for your hotel. Start by identifying the need in the market by looking into areas such as your audience, goals, competitors and other such related characteristics. To intensify your search, you can look into the following features such as;
- Type of Property – It is well-known that all hotels are not the same. The first step you must take is to determine the property type. You must start by thinking about what you will offer to your customers in your restaurant. Make sure that you have ample options for your services and ensure that they are unique compared to other hotels around your location.
- Size of the Hotel – The next important factor you must look into is the size of your hotel. You must figure out the number of rooms you will offer and how different your establishment (hotel) will pan out compared to your competitors serving in that particular location.
- Location – As for location, you should now look into factors such as area of operation, demand in the area, amenities in the site and if your hotel is close to airports, beaches or other essential venues.
- Audience Demographics – You should now look into your target audience or guest demographics, such as frequency of visits, travel purpose, and other travelled-oriented characteristics. You must determine whether your target audience will be travellers, tourists, businessmen, families, couples, solo travellers or other related demographic groups. Understanding your audience demographics will help you create a marketing plan for your hotel business and give you a competitive edge.
Crafting Your Strategy
Upon understanding the needs of the market, you must create a solution so that your hotel business will address the market demand. You must ensure that your hotel plan has a unique solution with respect to the concept, location, ambience, amenities, marketing, promotion, and services. When you figure out these concepts at an early stage, it will help your business stand against the competition and capture the market strategically. You must look into other important elements such as pricing and revenue, customer satisfaction, sustainability and hotel management and maintenance.
Determine Your Numbers
Once you have completed chalking down your strategy, it’s essential to plan all your numbers and ensure that your hotel business turns out to be profitable. You must determine all the room revenue, hiring cost, license and permit, and other operating expenses. Once you have determined all the costs involved, we should look at the sources of finances available for your hotel business. You should also project all your potential cash flows and then opt for credit, either long-term loans or short-term loans.
Doing Your Paperwork
We all know that starting a hotel business involves quite a lot of regulations with respect to license, finance, insurance and other related regulatory measures. You must approach the proper authorities and get all your business requirements according to your hotel business. You must also get permissions related to your location, building, renovation permits and licensing and serving food and alcoholic beverages. Given the pandemic, you must also ensure that your hotel business adheres to all the health and safety protocols laid down by the respective government and regulatory authorities. Once you complete your paperwork, you must check with the requirements at the local and state level and ensure that there are no mistakes on your part.
Launch Your Idea!
Once you have completed all the above steps, it’s time to take action! You are now ready to launch your hotel business in the market. With your plan, the right team, and a well-defined strategy, it’s time for you to bring your hotel business to live! You can launch grandly and introduce your hotel business and yourself to all your partners, influencers, and other potential stakeholders.
We are sure that starting your own hotel business is no longer a strenuous task! It has many risks, but it’s just part and parcel of every business. It’s time to get your planning on track and launch your hotel business today! Start your hotel business and get cooking!
7 Common Myths of Entrepreneurs
How to become an entrepreneur – 10 steps to make you successful.
Cold Storage Business Plan: How to Start Cold Storage Business?
How to Find and Evaluate Market Demand
A Full-Proof Tea Shop Business Plan : How To Start Guide
Agarbatti Business Plan: Investments In Agarbatti Making Business, Steps Involved In Launching An Agarbatti Business
Setup your online store with bikayi.
Start your online business by creating an online store with Bikayi in less than 90 seconds. Grow your business with a fully customizable e-commerce website
- 2022 Copyright Bikayi-Made in India
- Product by Comida Technologies Pvt. Ltd
- Careers We're hiring
- Setup Ecommerce store Online
Business Tools New -->
- QR Code Generator
- Business name generator
- Barcode Generator
- Bikayi Learn Home
- E-commmerce Store
- TDS - Tax Deduction at Source
- Budget 2022 Expectations
- Grow your Business
- SME Lending
- SME Taxation
- Start and Manage Business
- Budget 2022 Live
- WhatsApp Business Marketing
Follow us :
- 2022 Copyright Bikayi Made in India
- Ecommerce Store
- Case Studies
- Start Online Store
- Business Payments
- New Business Ideas
- QR code generator
- Business Name Generator
- Barcode generator
- General Marketing
- Whatsapp Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Performance Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Government Schemes
- SME Resources
- GST, Goods & Service Tax
- TDS, Tax Deduction at Source
- Manage Business
- Company Registration
- Meesho supplier
- Industry Specific Supplier
- Company Supplier Portals & Logins
Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.