City of Philadelphia
- An official website of the City of Philadelphia government
- Here's how you know
- An official website
- Feedback and support
Community Service Program
Providing a structured program for non-violent offenders (age 18 and up) mandated to complete community service hours.
The community service program (CSP) brings together non-violent offenders over the age of 18 to work with residents, businesses, and community organizations to clean up neighborhoods throughout Philadelphia.
CSP projects include:
- Cleaning city facilities.
- Cleaning underpasses.
- Sweeping streets.
- Helping community organizations with more people power for cleanups.
Process and eligibility
Taking part in CSP can be part of a court order for non-violent offenders.
Would you like CSP to help with your clean-up?
You must have at least 3-4 volunteers from your community in order to request CSP help.
Approved Community Service for philadelphia Courts
Looking for approved community service for philadelphia courts, we have a of approved community service non-profits in philadelphia, community service projects currently available in philadelphia, .., do you need court approved community service hours in philadelphia, additional community service projects currently available in philadelphia, .., online community service options for philadelphia , is this community service approved or allowed by philadelphia courts, all about philadelphia, .., community service.. approved community service for philadelphia, court ordered mandatory community service, approved community service list for philadelphia, court ordered mandatory community service.
VolunteerMatch Disaster Alert Center
- 46 people are interested
Philadelphia PA Court Ordered Community Service VIRTUAL or LOCAL Nonprofit501c3 Nobel, Prize Library Save to Favorites
Organization: ganga library inc..
CALL 202-340-6210. Work VIRTUAL or LOCAL based on YOUR background, interests, hobbies. Any profession, occupation. Flexible schedule .
Work X hours as ordered by court. Nonprofit 501(c)3 organization. Work is Documentable and Ongoing At least some college education preferred but not required.
Use Word, Excel. Email. Speak, Understand and written English.
Employer Identification Number 46-2892728
Volunteer who had been advised by Attorney to do community service prior to going to court, "I greatly appreciate this opportunity to work with the Ganga Library . I have found my research very informative about some of the most influential people of all time on society. It is not something I would have woken up one day and just 'decided' to do, but I am very grateful that I did."
Ganga Library kindles a fire in you revealing to you your hidden aspirations, abilities and skills. It raises your own goals and motivates you to achieve those goals, by reading inspirational material regarding the life and work of high achievers, Prize Winners. You may be the 'general public' or a scientist, litterateur, peace activist, other professional or student.
More opportunities with Ganga Library Inc.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Ganga Library Inc.
5113 Ct., Rockville, MD 20852, US
Ganga Library's mission is to globally meet the needs of people for obtaining ideas to solve scientific, social and planetary problems. The library will make every effort to procure or to create for its patrons, media pertaining to Alfred Nobel and Laureates and which they need for their education, teaching, research, social or visionary entrepreneurship, reading pleasure or to just satisfy their curiosity.
Ganga Library, virtual, provides you Thought Processes and Ideas of Alfred Nobel, Nobel Prize Winners and National Medal of Science and Technology Innovation Winners, to solve your scientific, social and planetary problems.
Ganga Library kindles a fire in you revealing to you your hidden aspirations, abilities and skills. It raises your own goals and motivates you to achieve those goals, by reading inspirational material regarding the life and work of high achievers, Prize Winners. You may be the 'general public' or a scientist, litterateur, peace activist, other professional or student. Ganga is valuable to the US Government.
East Falls Philadelphia, PA 19144
February 24, 2020
Report this opportunity
We're sorry, this opportunity no longer exists.
Please find other opportunities..
Click here for Coronavirus Resources & Info
- PAL Newsletter
- Board of Directors
- Donors & Partners
- Annual Awards Gala 2023
- Job Opportunities
- Other Ways To Give
Frequently Asked Questions
18 years old or older.
If you are 16 years old or younger, Please have a parent or guardian contact the Director of Programs and Education, Joy Woods Jones.
Any individuals seeking to volunteer with PAL to fulfill court-appointed or obligatory service hours must contact P/O Keith Balco at 215-291-9000, ext. 186.
To schedule the project, please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- How many volunteers do you expect to have in your group?
- What is the age range of the group? If you have a group of youth, how many chaperons will be accompanying them?
- Do you have an available budget to contribute to the project? This is not a hindrance, though may affect the type and size of projects available, especially for larger groups.
- Does anyone in your group have professional skills (i.e. computer technician, construction, librarian, ect.)?
- Are you volunteering as part of an organized “Company Cares Day?”
- Is there a specific center or area of the city where you would like to focus your work?
2 HOURS MINIMUM per event / program
All schedules will be determined and communicated through the PAL.
When working with children, it is natural to form mentoring relationships. PAL strongly discourages breaking a commitment mid-program since the children become emotionally invested and Center Directors rely on your help. If your availability may change before the end of a program, please wait to start volunteering until you are able to adhere to the regular time commitment.
Many students have completed high school, college and graduate level projects with PAL. Before contacting PAL, please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Clearly explain the project.
- How many hours do you need to complete?
- When is your project due?
- Will you need to interview or survey children?
- Will a staff member be responsible for signing an hours log and /or submitting documentation of your work?
Depending on the number of hours needed, you will be instructed to fill out a volunteer application or not.
PAL would be honored to have a representative speak at your next school assembly, corporate event, or fair.
Interested? Contact, [email protected]
All volunteer requests must first be reviewed by the Programs Department.
You Can Help Too!
Help keep store operations running smoothly
Volunteers at the ReStore help us organize inventory, provide customer service, and handle incoming donations.
ReStore volunteering is a great way to help Habitat for Humanity, because all profits from the ReStore help build and repair homes in Philadelphia.
Fill out the Volunteer Inquiry Form below, and Habitat’s Volunteer team will get back to you with dates to attend a ReStore Volunteer Orientation.
- First Name *
- Last Name *
- Birthdate * Month 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Day 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 Year 2024 2023 2022 2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992 1991 1990 1989 1988 1987 1986 1985 1984 1983 1982 1981 1980 1979 1978 1977 1976 1975 1974 1973 1972 1971 1970 1969 1968 1967 1966 1965 1964 1963 1962 1961 1960 1959 1958 1957 1956 1955 1954 1953 1952 1951 1950 1949 1948 1947 1946 1945 1944 1943 1942 1941 1940 1939 1938 1937 1936 1935 1934 1933 1932 1931 1930 1929 1928 1927 1926 1925 1924 1923 1922 1921 1920
- Address Line 2 (optional)
- State * Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming Armed Forces Americas Armed Forces Europe Armed Forces Pacific
- New Home Construction
- Home Repair
- Volunteer Photographer
- Professional Expertise
- Please provide days and times of the week you'd like to volunteer *
- Describe any applicable skills or experience as it pertains to the interested role. *
- Describe any previous volunteer experiences. *
- Is there anything else you would like us to know about you or your volunteer interests?
- Phone This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Connection denied by Geolocation Setting.
Reason: Blocked country: Russia
The connection was denied because this country is blocked in the Geolocation settings.
Please contact your administrator for assistance.
- Request Print Materials
- Chester County 211 Escalation Form
← Back to Give Help
- Volunteer Recruitment
- Volunteer Coordination
- Volunteer Placement
- Volunteer Training
- RSVP Program
- Court-Ordered Community Service Referrals
Volunteer Opportunities by Category
Click on a category to expand and view available opportunities.
Animal & Environment
- Animal Exercise
- Animal Foster Care/ Rescue
- Animal Grooming
- Animal Shelter Attendant
- Equestrian Therapy
- Land Conservancy
- Nature Trail
- Holiday – Event Entertainment
- Holiday – Food Delivery
- Holiday – Fundraising
- Holiday Gift – Food Drive
- Holiday Gift – Toy Distribution
- Event Coordination
- Event Setup/ Cleanup
- Fundraising Event
- Usher/ Ticket Taker
Community and Recreational Activities
- Exercise/ Fitness Leader
- Gallery/Museum Sitting
- Recreational Activities
- Sporting Event Monitor
Health and Reassurance
- Dental Care
- Errand Running/ Shopping
- First Aid/CPR
- Friendly Telephoning
- Hospice Care
- Hospital/ Institutional Visit
- Medical Care
- Nursing Care
- Paratransit Driver
- Patient Support
- Pregnancy Related
- Respite/ Home Health Care
- Substance Abuse Prevention/ Treatment
- Support Group Facilitation
- Telephone Reassurance
- Donations Distribution
- Donations Sorting/ Packing
- Disaster – Damage Assessments
- Disaster – Food Services
- Disaster – Mental Health
- Disaster – Service Center/ Hotline
- Evacuation Center/ Shelter
- Safety/Disaster Education
- Search and Rescue
Education and Youth
- Classroom Aide
- Computer Literacy
- English Language Instruction
- Mentoring Services
- Reading Encouragement
- Storytelling Volunteer
- Food Collection
- Food Sorting/Packing
- In Home Meal Preparation
- Meal Delivery
- Meal Preparation/ Serving
- Board/ Committee Member
- Business Assistance
- Grant Development
- Public Relations
- Thrift Shop Support
Maintenance and Repair
- Facility Design/ Construction
- Home/ Building Accessibility
- Crime Prevention
- Guardians ad Litem
- Legal Services
Get Web App
- 1-215-665-2500 Text Your Zip Code to 898-211 Dial 2‑1‑1 or 1‑866‑964‑7922
- United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey 1800 JFK Blvd Philadelphia, PA 19103
©2023 2-1-1 Southeast PA. All rights reserved
Community Service Near Me In Pennsylvania
Some of our most frequent volunteers are from the following courts… if you don’t see your court on the list, we can still help you. just give us a call at 800-630-3385:, philadelphia metro area, chester county, lehigh county, york county, philadelphia county, bucks county, lancaster county, northampton county, delaware county, montgomery county, berks county, dauphin county, many courts in the pennsylvania require probationers to find their own organization to complete community service hours., our most common volunteers include people who are struggling to find places to do community service, or those who’ve had a bad experience with helping other organizations. with our community service program, we provide flexible, and dynamic solutions for your community service requirements..
We accept everyone regardless of their offense. Our most frequent clients have had probation, citations, or traffic tickets.
Why is court ordered community service hours required in pennsylvania, court mandated community service hours are frequently mandated as a sentencing requirement to be completed by pennsylvania residents, especially in probation and citation proceedings. attorney’s, on occasion are able to persuade the bench to allow their clients to complete community service hours as a substitute for fines or jail time., some organizations have requirements such as the need for a drivers license and clean driving record; the type of work which an individual convicted of a dui may not be the ideal candidate. some courts will provide a list of organizations they prefer to have their clients work with, while other courts and probation officers require that you find your own 501c(3) organization to work with., although many non-profit groups will accept court ordered volunteers; because of safety precautions and liability issues, some organizations will not work individuals with felonies, violent crimes, animal cruelty, theft charges, etc., things to consider while deciding on an organization:, type of criminal offense, (i.e. theft, sex crimes, assault, etc), quantity of community service hours needed, amount of time remaining to acquire these hours., type of service you are willing (or capable) to provide to the organization., if you are having trouble finding somewhere to get your community service hours done, we can help. if you have been required to complete community service hours because of a violent crime charge, sexual assault charge, animal cruelty charge, or similar charges causing your search for community service hours to be more difficult than necessary, give us a call., we help everyone, and we will treat you with the respect and dignity that you deserve. we understand that people make mistakes, and we also understand that innocent people are charged with crimes they didn’t commit., your life shouldn’t be ruined because you got caught in “the system”, or just had a bad day..